Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 10:20 AM
SmokeyTN
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Youngneg
Merry Christmas my lo brothers and sisters,....Santa was very good to me this year....got some new boards ,pegs,bars,risers,engine guard and mirrors.....now i have to order some extentions and cables....here`s a couple pics....and i wish all the lo family and Happy and Safe New Year
Are Those BR Meathook engine guards? I love those. Good work.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:41 AM
bauer4567
Tourer

Originally Posted by Toonz
Looking forward to the pics. I REALLY want some highway pegs but don't really want the engine guard. All the pics keep me on the fence though. I'm sure I'll cave in soon enough...
I know what you mean about the engine guard... I have mixed feelings about it, but after only riding chopped up metric bobbers until more recently, I am leaning towards comfort... not OVER style, but will sacrifice some style for comfort...

But yes, someone mentioned it below... there is a few options... one is what was listed above, which come off the floorboards. The other is pieces that come off of the same mounting holes that the engine guard mount to... I cant seem to find them right now, but basically just the bottom side of the engine guard without the complete circle (if that makes sense...

Old 12-28-2011, 10:58 AM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Originally Posted by bauer4567
I know what you mean about the engine guard... I have mixed feelings about it, but after only riding chopped up metric bobbers until more recently, I am leaning towards comfort... not OVER style, but will sacrifice some style for comfort...

But yes, someone mentioned it below... there is a few options... one is what was listed above, which come off the floorboards. The other is pieces that come off of the same mounting holes that the engine guard mount to... I cant seem to find them right now, but basically just the bottom side of the engine guard without the complete circle (if that makes sense...
The link above also has mustache bars which I think is what you are talking about

Old 12-28-2011, 11:46 AM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a couple of rides in now with the Super Reduced Reach seat and it seems like it reduced it too much. Now I sit too far forward and while my reach to the bars is ok, my legs are now at a worse bend and my feet are moved too far forward on the floor boards. I think I'm going to have to do something now with the handlebars. I'm not sure what yet and I need some ideas. I like the stock bars shape so I'm thinking maybe risers but I'm also open to short apes around 10 or 12 inches. Doing risers only would be the cheapest but I'm sure I'll probably have to do cables and maybe the upper brake line since I have ABS. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:02 PM
digital
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
I've got a couple of rides in now with the Super Reduced Reach seat and it seems like it reduced it too much. Now I sit too far forward and while my reach to the bars is ok, my legs are now at a worse bend and my feet are moved too far forward on the floor boards. I think I'm going to have to do something now with the handlebars. I'm not sure what yet and I need some ideas. I like the stock bars shape so I'm thinking maybe risers but I'm also open to short apes around 10 or 12 inches. Doing risers only would be the cheapest but I'm sure I'll probably have to do cables and maybe the upper brake line since I have ABS. Any help would be appreciated.
You might just want to try the 2012 fatboy lo bars. Someone here on the forum might even have a set that they can part with...

Old 12-28-2011, 12:07 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master

It is a 2012 Lo. I guess I should have mentioned that. It has a little more pullback then the ten but not a lot. My arms aren't straight out but they are so straight that I'll get a little numbness after about a half hour or so. Sooner if I'm doing 70 or so. I've actually got a set of HD's fat risers that are a little taller but I'm not sure if that would move the bars back much at all and it would probably still require at least a brake cable

Old 12-28-2011, 12:36 PM
TNB
Road Master

Another option may be to have some of the padding trimmed out of the seat.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:49 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master

I've thought about trimming the padding a bit but it's still going to move me forward on the boards so I think I'm stuck with having to do something to the handlebars. I've got the bike scheduled for the 1000 mile service on Friday so I'll talk to the dealer and see what they have to say. I'd like to install any new bars or risers myself but I'm not sure yet how having ABS is going to complicate things since they aren't exactly garage mechanic serviceable as far as I know.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:55 PM
Willie D
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink

I've thought about trimming the padding a bit but it's still going to move me forward on the boards so I think I'm stuck with having to do something to the handlebars. I've got the bike scheduled for the 1000 mile service on Friday so I'll talk to the dealer and see what they have to say. I'd like to install any new bars or risers myself but I'm not sure yet how having ABS is going to complicate things since they aren't exactly garage mechanic serviceable as far as I know.
I put the Street Slammers on my 2010, and it made all the difference in the world, and they were black and I only had to change the front brake line.

Btw- I have these SE slipons if you are interested, I will make you a good deal - they are a little louder than stock, but not so as to wake the neighbors or babies.

I switched to the Bassani RR this spring. Great pipe and a great price, let it go when I traded.

Good Luck.

WD

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-loboy-complete-2.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-loboy-complete-3.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-loboy-lowered.jpg  

Last edited by Willie D; 12-28-2011 at 02:01 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:37 PM
scheng32
Cruiser
Default risers

i have a 2011 Fatboy Lo, and when I first got it my feet reached everything fine but I found my back hurting as I had to lean forward to get to the handle bar, I ended up just putting the 4" curved pullback risers. I was able to make the switch myself with out changing any of the cables, had to cut a few cable ties and put some new ones, but it worked out for me. Since I didnt have to disconnect anything I didnt have to mess with the ABS. I got ride of the metal clips holding the brake lines to the frame the engine guard kept everything in place.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners