Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 08:44 PM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,084 Likes on 2,601 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
Checked the bank account last night and the government has finally paid me the money it owed me for an injury in Aghanistan last year. I'll have the Lo's loan paid off as soon as the check gets to HD. I wonder if it will ride different. I also now have enough money to go full speed ahead with my project to bag out my Lo. That means it's now time to make some decisions. I think I'm pretty set on the bags I want which I'm getting from Leatherneck Jim's. What's still not set in stone is the pipes and tuner. I'm leaning right now towards Vance and Hines BSS and a Powervision. Any thoughts on that combo? I know VandH aren't the most original but I like the look and they meet my needs I think as far as bag clearance and ground clearance. As for intake I'm going to go with a simple high flow that will allow me to keep my stock ac cover. Can't wait to get this project in high gear.
I have the BSS and PV. The pipes look and sound great, and the PV tunes that I have seem to work well. I am running Leather Pro bags, and they clear the pipes easily. No problems with ground clearance either. Congrats on paying off your bike, feels good to have toys that are payed for.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:49 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rednose44, which baffles did you go with? I'm thinking about going with the quiet baffles since I have an infant at home and I don't want something too obnoxious. I had a set of big radius pipes on my Fat Bob and they weren't too bad but I'd like something a little quieter. What year is yours also? I want to make sure the Power Vision will work with my 2012. I have heard rumors that it may not due to an ECM change for the Fat boys. Something about them using bosh instead of delphi or something like that. It definitely feels good to have the bike paid for. Especially since it's happening years earlier then I thought it would when I bought the bike

Old 12-23-2011, 09:17 PM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

My bike is a 2012. I have the standard baffles, and they are probably similar to what your Big Radius pipes sounded like. I would go with the quiet baffles if you are worried about noise. The PV2 works with the 2012's no problem, and DynoJet has sent me two maps for my setup (also running a V&H intake). The pipes look and sound great IMO, and the PV is about as easy as it gets for a tuner. I also like that you don't have to leave it on the bike. Just hook it up, flash and take it off and your ready to go.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's good news that it works with the 12's. That was probably one of the biggest things I was worried about. Have you tried the basic auto tune program that uses the stock O2 sensors? I'm kind of curious how well that works. Then again if the base map is good enough then there's no need for it I guess.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:54 PM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

I have not tried the auto tune, but I am interested in it after reading about it. Both maps I have work real well though...

Old 12-24-2011, 02:11 AM
Deadanimal
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm lovin this thread! I'm currently deployed and don't get back home till late Feb early March but I ordered my 12 Lo in denim black before I left so it will be ready and waiting for me as soon as I get back! I have already ordered some custom fabricated lake pipes for it too.

Can't wait.

Deadanimal

Old 12-24-2011, 08:31 AM
Bonzo27524
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Hey Fatbob USMC EOD

Can't go wrong with V&H pipes. I sweated over what to do with my pipes and finally went with the Big Radius two into one. Very pleased with the look and sound. I have a Power Commander on mine too. Mine is a 2010 in denim black. I have had a lot of things powder coated. Check out my garage and if you send me an email I can send you a few more. Hit me up at Bostonwins04@aol.com Have a Merry Christmas.

Old 12-24-2011, 02:35 PM
T2K5
Advanced
Default Fatboy Lo w/abs fwd controls

I have a 2011 Fatboy Lo with abs and want to fwd controls. Can someone tell me if HD p/n 33909-08 will fit? I know another member here said that these will fit the Fatboy Lo, but the HD catalog says it wil fit FLSTF (Fatboy), but not FLSTFB (Fatboy Lo), also I have ABS, and the catalog does not say if it will work with ABS or not. Thanks in advance.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:07 PM
bigoil7
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Deadanimal
I'm lovin this thread! I'm currently deployed and don't get back home till late Feb early March but I ordered my 12 Lo in denim black before I left so it will be ready and waiting for me as soon as I get back! I have already ordered some custom fabricated lake pipes for it too.

Can't wait.

Deadanimal
Stay safe bro, thanks for your service and Merry Christmas. The Lo is worth the wait!

Old 12-24-2011, 10:18 PM
J-Dog
Advanced

My extend Lo family,
Need some help, trying to decide which front fender is right for my Lo... Fl style or the thin wrap around style. I'm torn right now. Let me know what you think...

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners