Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 10:27 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My 2-2 bug radius had a lit of snap, crackle and pop during idle. After dyno and tuned...it purs like a lion and I am still able to have beers with the neighbors. Opened up...it's back sounding like my ol'lady's rants!

Old 12-21-2011, 03:08 PM
KillEmAll
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TRNEWMAN, what kind of seat, airfilter and brake pedal are you running? Is that an HD seat?

Old 12-21-2011, 06:03 PM
mfmaine
Advanced
Default checking in

I haven't posted here in a long time but I had to pass on some Season's Greetings to all my Lo Bros and sisters. I keep up with this amazing thread and love seeing all the mods and things you all are doing. Keep up the great work! A special thank you to all you Armed Forces folks...a heartfelt thank you for your service....I hope everyone can enjoy the holidays with their families. Ride Safe....Mike

Old 12-21-2011, 09:41 PM
rojuwi
Cruiser

Alright fellas, I got the install almost complete but my brake line ended up just a little tighter than I like. It has a 90 degree at the top and if it was straight or 45 it might work. Can I bend this or is that a bad idea?

Old 12-21-2011, 10:05 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bad Idea. See if wherever you bought it from will take it back and give you one that's an inch longer for like $3 more

Old 12-21-2011, 10:18 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got into Florida last night. It was pouring down rain too. Sunny Florida my butt. Oh well the bikes got way too many moving boxes in front of it to get it out of the garage anyways. The new bike work area is coming along good though. Can't wait to get the new parts on when Santa gets here.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:48 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
Got into Florida last night. It was pouring down rain too. Sunny Florida my butt. Oh well the bikes got way too many moving boxes in front of it to get it out of the garage anyways. The new bike work area is coming along good though. Can't wait to get the new parts on when Santa gets here.
Haha, my mom lives in Fort Myers..i may have mentioned that in passing..and there's one thing I've learned from Florida..you can ride all day long, but you had better find cover between 1545 and 1615 every day, because that's when the flash-thunderstorms will roll in, and roll out just as quickly.

Old 12-22-2011, 01:23 PM
rojuwi
Cruiser

Well, I had to order another brake line. Just wouldn't work. So, I have a 46" black pearl magnum line if anybody wants it. PM me and maybe we can work a trade or something.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:15 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Checked the bank account last night and the government has finally paid me the money it owed me for an injury in Aghanistan last year. I'll have the Lo's loan paid off as soon as the check gets to HD. I wonder if it will ride different. I also now have enough money to go full speed ahead with my project to bag out my Lo. That means it's now time to make some decisions. I think I'm pretty set on the bags I want which I'm getting from Leatherneck Jim's. What's still not set in stone is the pipes and tuner. I'm leaning right now towards Vance and Hines BSS and a Powervision. Any thoughts on that combo? I know VandH aren't the most original but I like the look and they meet my needs I think as far as bag clearance and ground clearance. As for intake I'm going to go with a simple high flow that will allow me to keep my stock ac cover. Can't wait to get this project in high gear.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:21 PM
rojuwi
Cruiser

Alright, dumb question of the week. Throttle and idle cable, which one has the spring on it and where does the spring go? I took my old ones off and didn't notice the spring but there is one on the new. Thanks

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners