Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 06:23 AM
serjayson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats and sorry to hear you found this forum.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:23 PM
TNB
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by serjayson
Congrats and sorry to hear you found this forum.
The "thread" is good, just can be hard on the wallet if you let it.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:24 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
Sgt Jim, how do you like those Big Shots Staggered pipes? I've been considering them instead of the D&D fatcat since it seems like they might have fewer scraping issues and still provide plenty of clearance for bags. How do you like the sound and how loud is it with whatever baffles you have? I'll probably get the quiet baffles if I get them.
http://youtu.be/ylGNfEweCeo

there's a link to my bike as soon as I put them on.. I'm running the stock baffles (13" long..who knew they were that big? not me). They're a good sounding pipe, not too loud, but loud enough that you can hear the bike from around the corner and down the road. Never scraped them or even came close to it, and they look good on the Lo's. Recently, though, I removed them in favor of a set of modified staggered exhaust that V&H doesn't make anymore.. gotta get them coated black though...which reminds me..gotta send an email to someone who was interested in them

Old 12-20-2011, 08:12 PM
rojuwi
Cruiser

Name:  utf-8BSU1BRzAxMjIuanBn.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  39.9 KB
here is a pic of the bars. new wave 2's. looks like i might be off work thursday and friday so i will work on getting them on the bike by next week hopefully. by the way, they are going on my silver lo. i think they will look real good and the quality of the bars are second to none, the welds are incredible. i also went with magnum cables and namz extensions thanks to dr. v twin.

Old 12-20-2011, 08:33 PM
digital
Cruiser

Looks good! Are those 16" bars? 32" wide?

Old 12-20-2011, 08:35 PM
Youngneg
Tourer

Sweet looking bars bro!!!!! ... And I like your choice of wire extentions and cables also... I made the same choices...... Good luck on the install...keep us posted with some pics...... And hey i talked to. BR today..... AS THEY WHERE PACKING MY BARS FOR SHIPPING.....yes!!!!! The waiting is killing me......

Old 12-20-2011, 09:22 PM
Default Finally . . .

Just got her back . . . all mods complete . . . bars, controls, grips, VH pipes, RSD AC, LED lights . . . Hope you like. Check my garage for photos and full list . . . or ask! Happly Holidays . . .

Old 12-20-2011, 09:40 PM
TNB
Road Master

Originally Posted by RhinoBoy
Just got her back . . . all mods complete . . .
For now you mean.

Old 12-20-2011, 09:40 PM
rojuwi
Cruiser

Originally Posted by digital
Looks good! Are those 16" bars? 32" wide?
14". 32"at the ring fingers.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:50 AM
thork86
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
Sgt Jim, how do you like those Big Shots Staggered pipes? I've been considering them instead of the D&D fatcat since it seems like they might have fewer scraping issues and still provide plenty of clearance for bags. How do you like the sound and how loud is it with whatever baffles you have? I'll probably get the quiet baffles if I get them.
I know I'm not Sgt Jim... but I posted this HD-video many pages ago, ill post it again below. It's just cold-start/idle with a quick throttle blip at the end.

Coming from never owning a harley with aftermarket pipes before these... the VH bigshots staggered are REALLY loud. I am somewhat used to them now but I remember thinking they are OBNOXIOUSLY loud the first time I took a spin after the install.

My buddy has the side-swept big-radius VH on his 03 softail. I remember riding his bike back from the dealer (before he had his license) and thinking they were WAY too loud for me, but my BSS are slightly louder than his.

I'm aware there are louder bikes out there, and your basic stage-1 with VH pipes aren't too loud to some riders. But just know that these pipes are incredibly loud when compared to stock.

But then, I knew that going into it

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v49LG4Ecwc

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners