Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 12:56 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Ho-Ho-Ho's come around when they see my baby dressed up

Old 12-16-2011, 01:47 PM
Jester750
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
Jester that bag looks pretty good. I might have to look into that. I was actually thinking about something like that the other day. I had a round MOCO one for awhile on my Fat Bob but never really liked the way it looked. I think the more square bags look a lot better. It was handy but not that good looking and it faded pretty bad. Have you had any problems with yours fading? Granted my bike spent a lot of time out in the sun while I was at work but I didn't expect it to fade to a kind of purplish tint in less then a year.
Mine is the leather one. I like it alot and it has plenty of room and I can lock the dual zippers with a small padlock. It hasn't faded at all.
I don't think they make them in leather anymore. I got mine on e-bay for like $80.00.
If you go with e-bay just make sure you measure the height and width of your sissy bar pad and ask the sellers the dimensions of the pocket on the back of the bag. That pocket is what fits over the sissy bar pad. Some of the older ones were sized to fit the sissy bar pad and not a universal fit.

Old 12-16-2011, 02:06 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I asked the SAC guys about the lifetime warranty they offer and they said that it includes fading. So I think I'll probably order it after Christmas. If I could just get my pipes and bags right now I probably wouldn't bother but the money for that is probably two months away. The SAC deluxe I think will work pretty good in the meantime and it actually doesn't look too bad. I'm willing to trade looks for function but there is a limit. The SAC deluxe comes with multiple pockets for the sissy bar pad so there shouldn't be any fit issues.

Old 12-16-2011, 02:25 PM
Jester750
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moog5050
Only 3 items left. Someone has to want a power commander V and/or a swingarm bag. These are great deals. Thanks again for looking and to all of those who purchased items, enjoy them.
Thanks Moog5050,
The RSD A/C and mirrors came in today and look mighty fine!

Old 12-16-2011, 10:34 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SgtJim, I love the pic!

Old 12-17-2011, 02:35 PM
Youngneg
Tourer

Brutus, i ordered 10" sweeping beaters with a little extra sweep.....1.5" diameter and 11 inch bottom tube, i`m getting them raw ....i have some other parts that need pc`ing so the bars and the guard will be an exact match.....gloss black....but man i`m going nuts waiting.......i`ll post some pics SOON .....i hope

Old 12-18-2011, 11:02 AM
Danny D
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Jesters

From one Jester to another, Merry Christmas!

(Notice tank paint)

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-imag0004.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-close-up-jester-face.jpg  
Old 12-18-2011, 12:19 PM
Erick118
Novice

I wanted to post some pics of my 2012 Lo. I thought some of you would appreciate what I am doing since everybody else including my wife thinks I am nuts for taking a 3 month old bike apart! I have already powder coated the lower sliders and dust covers. Installed a set of Progressive monotube fork cartridges lowered 2”. Powder coated the primary cover and derby cover. I am also going to change the handle bars, install a set of airtail shocks in the rear and put on a set of Rinehart crossbacks in the next few weeks.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-1210111943a.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-1211111818a.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-1217111642a.jpg  

Last edited by Erick118; 12-26-2011 at 07:21 AM.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:08 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Nice Erick! Mine will be the exact same way when I get home; gotta find something to do while on 2 weeks of R&R, right?

So are you putting the passing lamps back on? I noticed them in the first pic, but not the 3rd. And while you got her stripped down, are you gonna powder coat rocker boxes as well? That clutch cable looks pretty damn long. Are you goin with some taller bars? Or is the pic just causing an illusion? EDIT: Damn, that's a lot of questions.

Looking forward to see it finished. I am guessing the mods might start picking up on this thread now that riding season is pretty much over for everyone. And Everyone will also be putting on their Christmas presents as well

Old 12-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's about damn time someone threw up some fresh pics!

Looking groovy man.

Btw my mock on pics of the new tins should be ready this week...can't wait to see them. Working out of town is killing me checking emails each day hoping. Also the ol'lady likes the idea of a bagger...looks like a 'Lo King' will be in the works. Once tins are painted and on...then it will be time to decide on what duals.

Last edited by Josewales; 12-18-2011 at 02:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners