Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 01:43 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't really had the time.. today was a pretty nice day, i guess the rain is missing here.. but looking forward, the predictions show that the temp might start dropping soon..who knows though.. i just want to get it inside so i can start ripping it apart and send stuff out to the powdercoater

Old 12-15-2011, 02:09 PM
Brutus01
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Youngneg
Brutus get comfortable........ I ordered bars and engine guard from BR... GOT the guard in about 5 weeks and Im still waiting for my bars. It's over 8 weeks now.....I'm going crazy!!!!! But his pieces are top notch..... Did you get inch and a half bars.... Beefy ,perfect on a fatboy lo frontend.......And did ya talk to Bill?... That dude's cool as sh*t, talked about a hour after his shop closed..post some pics when ya get them.. tic....tic.....tic

I ordered 1.5" gloss black that are about 13" middle of the grip with the base as wide as my forks. He said it would be about 6 wks. Maybe he is really busy for the holidays. What style did you order? Bill is f'n awesome and he spent about an hour on the phone with me making sure I got exactly what I wanted that would fit the bike and me. I would recommend him to anyone.

Old 12-15-2011, 02:15 PM
moog5050
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Somebody please buy Moog's Power Commander before I am forced to spend more money I have no business spending at the moment! I mean $165?! C'mon!

Go for it. I will cut you a deal. It really does wake the bike up and runs cooler.

Old 12-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master

Jester that bag looks pretty good. I might have to look into that. I was actually thinking about something like that the other day. I had a round MOCO one for awhile on my Fat Bob but never really liked the way it looked. I think the more square bags look a lot better. It was handy but not that good looking and it faded pretty bad. Have you had any problems with yours fading? Granted my bike spent a lot of time out in the sun while I was at work but I didn't expect it to fade to a kind of purplish tint in less then a year.

Old 12-15-2011, 04:15 PM
turd fergussen
Tourer

if you have a 2012 softail with abs............

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ml#post9145644

check out post #17. if you live in cali it would be a shame to miss out on that offer

Old 12-15-2011, 06:42 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

here's a general question, and ill do a search in a minute, and probably start a new thread about it in 2 minutes.. but my battery is completely shot. 11.4v with everything off, drops to 4v when I try to start her up.. it's not even 2 years old.. are batteries covered under warranty? it's not like i left the ignition switch on or anything, because I never do, even getting gas and such i turn it to "off". she's just kaput.

Old 12-15-2011, 06:50 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master

Jim, if you haven't all ready done so try putting your battery on a trickle charger. If you put it back on and it dies again then it's probably not the battery and more likely something with the charging system. I can't remember but there is a way to test your bikes charging system with a multimeter. Maybe someone can chime in and help me out on that. If it's the bikes charging system then it should be covered under warranty but if it's the battery then it probably isn't. I would think batteries fall into the normal wear and tear category like tires and brake pads

Old 12-15-2011, 08:26 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
Jim, if you haven't all ready done so try putting your battery on a trickle charger. If you put it back on and it dies again then it's probably not the battery and more likely something with the charging system. I can't remember but there is a way to test your bikes charging system with a multimeter. Maybe someone can chime in and help me out on that. If it's the bikes charging system then it should be covered under warranty but if it's the battery then it probably isn't. I would think batteries fall into the normal wear and tear category like tires and brake pads
I've had it on a tender, it's been starting rough the past few weeks because i'm not riding as often, and the weather's been going from 60* to arctic and back again.. it's been playing games with the batteries in my car and truck too, then trying to bring the bike in, it just had its last today. I'm just gonna get it in the house, then monitor it all winter, and if it's still borked in the spring ill buy a new one.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:47 AM
moog5050
Tourer

Originally Posted by moog5050
Here it is: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/motor...e-lo-sale.html

Its in the classifieds under motorcycle parts general. Buy it all. I will make you a great deal. Thanks for looking.

Some nice items remaining. All sold items shipping today. Price dropped on the remaining items. These are great deals.
Only 3 items left. Someone has to want a power commander V and/or a swingarm bag. These are great deals. Thanks again for looking and to all of those who purchased items, enjoy them.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:54 AM
Toledofatboy
Advanced

Smokey, Two good ways to get the detachable sissy bar on. Grinding the plates is easy. Take your time because it's easy to destroy the latch. I did the whole thing including paint in about an hour. Another route is getting a tail light from Custom Dynamics. I have one on my bike. Didn't realize when I ordered it but it has turn signals built in. Big yellow arrows. I think you could eliminate the stock turn signals altogether with this unit. I bought the smoked laydown tail light and it looks outstanding.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners