Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 06:49 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Damn, I was hoping you wouldn't say that... Maybe next winter. I've already spent too much this year. Just gotta wait til I get back now.
Same man...o'lady would go ape if she knew the $$ I am spending. Shocks may have to wait this spring or summer after we get back from vacation....and sneak the shocks on. She thinks the tins will be my last big spend...silly girl:P

Old 12-12-2011, 08:38 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Josewales
Same man...o'lady would go ape if she knew the $$ I am spending. Shocks may have to wait this spring or summer after we get back from vacation....and sneak the shocks on. She thinks the tins will be my last big spend...silly girl:P
Haha, same here... She keeps getting these random packages in the mail and when she asks about them, I just tell her "don't worry about it and put it by the bike in the garage." I'm also sure to take care of her too... She's being spoiled this year for Christmas, so I can get away with picking up all this extra stuff But after powder coating (which won't happen til April) I am done for the year.

What do you guys think about gloss black engine covers? I am seriously digging this look on the Blackline... You always see the wrinkle black, but I have never, in person, seen the gloss black covers and I think it would look good with the gloss black and silver on the bike, including the other parts I am powder coating. You think there might be any problems with them, such as showing spots (after washing), showing tiny scratches, or anything else?

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-12-blackline-customized.jpg  
Old 12-12-2011, 08:50 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Haha, same here... She keeps getting these random packages in the mail and when she asks about them, I just tell her "don't worry about it and put it by the bike in the garage." I'm also sure to take care of her too... She's being spoiled this year for Christmas, so I can get away with picking up all this extra stuff But after powder coating (which won't happen til April) I am done for the year.

What do you guys think about gloss black engine covers? I am seriously digging this look on the Blackline... You always see the wrinkle black, but I have never, in person, seen the gloss black covers and I think it would look good with the gloss black and silver on the bike, including the other parts I am powder coating. You think there might be any problems with them, such as showing spots (after washing), showing tiny scratches, or anything else?
Lmao. I work out of town 10 day stints...she had to pay duty (I live in Canada) at our door and askes me at night...what did I buy this time. 'Eh just some stuff for the bike and did you put in the garage for me?'

Btw gloss or matte black! Wrinkle doesnt look as nice...I am basing this on the primary covers I see. Matte....wash, rince and ride Concerning scratches...PC is cheap. If I have to take in a couple parts a year to be redone, no biggy. I think of it as maintenance. Just my 2 cents.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:51 AM
moog5050
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it the old thread that you had up or did you start a new one?

Started a new one with part numbers, photos, MSRP and very reasonable prices. Let me jknow if you are interested. The parts are removed and ready to ship.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:03 AM
Jester750
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Josewales
That's why you have your stuff shipped to a buddy's house.
Or your Brothers, or even work if ya can.

If ya can't use your credit or debit card cause she'll see the statement. Ask your buddy to charge it on his card and you pay him cash.

There is only one thing that can go wrong with this method.
Whomever is going to be doing this for you, make sure their old lady doesn't know your old lady. Don't kid yourself, women stick together and will throw you and your little scheme under the bus in a heartbeat.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:08 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Jester750
That's why you have your stuff shipped to a buddy's house.
Or your Brothers, or even work if ya can.

If ya can't use your credit or debit card cause she'll see the statement. Ask your buddy to charge it on his card and you pay him cash.

There is only one thing that can go wrong with this method.
Whomever is going to be doing this for you, make sure their old lady doesn't know your old lady. Don't kid yourself, women stick together and will throw you and your little scheme under the bus in a heartbeat.
Haha it's not that bad...I just dont feed the discussion if it's brought up. I am pacifying her with a Mexico trip this spring, so she cant complain much. Speaking of, going to rent a Harley when I am down in Playa Del Carman and practice my defensive skills

Old 12-12-2011, 09:31 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by moog5050
Started a new one with part numbers, photos, MSRP and very reasonable prices. Let me jknow if you are interested. The parts are removed and ready to ship.
I must be a little slow or something... I cannot, for the life of me, find it! Can you post the link to it? I am interested.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:02 AM
Neekster
Intermediate

Can someone recommend a front spoiler that fits the Fat Boy Lo?

Old 12-12-2011, 10:24 AM
Fierofly
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep I Got it P/N 57040-08. Check out my photo albums. It will fit with a eng guard but you just have to find 2ea short bolts with a self locking nut for the bottom mounts.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:30 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior

I can't get enough of that flyboy tank ^^.

Heh everytime I see you post, gj!

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners