Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 05:29 PM
TNB
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
Those bars look pretty good TNB. What kind of handlebar bag is that? I've just got the cheap HD one on for right now. I'm thinking of eventually getting the one that licks makes. It's pretty thick leather and has quick release buckles behind the straps. It seems like pretty good quality but of course it's also three times as expensive as my HD cheapo.
I don't know the brand since the bag does not have any markings. Someone asked me that before and all I could do was tell them where I purchased it. Since making my earlier post today, I rode to where I purchased the bag and purchased the one shown in the latest photo with the storefront in the back. A slightly longer bag, but not as large overall. I just want something to put a few odds and ends in when not using my saddlebags. If you want I can provide you with the telephone number to the store if you want to call them.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-hd-misc-121011-4credwmsrgb.jpg  
Old 12-11-2011, 03:24 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

TNB: How is your bike lowered?

Old 12-11-2011, 03:27 AM
Default Help!

My local shop called. The message said my bars (Wild1 Chubby Beach 550) would not fit my risers (Hammer Impalers 1"). My mistake may have been the risers say they fit 1" bars so they are actually less at the size of the hole, maybe 5/8"? I assumed the receiving hole was 1". Hammer on vacation.

I guess Chubby and HD bars at 1.25" are 1" at the dimpled area?

My first harley, so I'm sorry if this is an idiot question. But you all have done some nice mods and any thoughts would help. Any after market riser recommendations? Straight up 4" to 6" is where I wanna be.

Also Anyone out there have the Carlini Evil Knuckles? TNB those bars look awesome on yours. Are they Carlini Apes?

Thanks.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:06 AM
Neekster
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RhinoBoy
My local shop called. The message said my bars (Wild1 Chubby Beach 550) would not fit my risers (Hammer Impalers 1"). My mistake may have been the risers say they fit 1" bars so they are actually less at the size of the hole, maybe 5/8"? I assumed the receiving hole was 1". Hammer on vacation.

I guess Chubby and HD bars at 1.25" are 1" at the dimpled area?

My first harley, so I'm sorry if this is an idiot question. But you all have done some nice mods and any thoughts would help. Any after market riser recommendations? Straight up 4" to 6" is where I wanna be.

Also Anyone out there have the Carlini Evil Knuckles? TNB those bars look awesome on yours. Are they Carlini Apes?

Thanks.
I had a similar problem when I bought my Chubby Knuckle Bar last month (WO503). The stock clamps on my 2012 are for 1.25 inch diameter bars but the WO503 go down to 1 inch in the clamping area. I called Wild 1 and they gave me a part number for an adapter they make which clamps over the 1 inch area making it into a 1.25. The part number is WO806. Looking at my bars, I can't even see this adapter installed...which I love!!!

BTW, Everyone comments how awesome these bars look on my bike. They are wider with a little less pullback vs stock and look awesome!! The wrist angle is perfect (a little flatter than stock)!!

Good luck,

Neekster

Old 12-11-2011, 03:50 PM
moog5050
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spent the morning removing mods from the Lo before I trade it. Check out my add in the classifieds for great deals. Thanks

Old 12-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HD bars are 1.25" all the way across. They only neck down to 1" at the grip ends. I found this out when my indy assumed they necked down and ordered the wrong risers for my old fat bob. I love 1.25" bars but it can be a pain finding risers that fit and they usually cost a lot more. Of course that was almost two years ago so maybe there are more available now.

Old 12-11-2011, 06:11 PM
TNB
Road Master

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
TNB: How is your bike lowered?
Shotgun Shocks.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:37 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by TNB
Shotgun Shocks.
Damn, I was hoping you wouldn't say that... Maybe next winter. I've already spent too much this year. Just gotta wait til I get back now.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:42 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by moog5050
Spent the morning removing mods from the Lo before I trade it. Check out my add in the classifieds for great deals. Thanks
Is it the old thread that you had up or did you start a new one?

Old 12-12-2011, 12:02 AM
TNB
Road Master

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Damn, I was hoping you wouldn't say that... Maybe next winter. I've already spent too much this year. Just gotta wait til I get back now.
Since "this" year is almost over, you can start spending again soon.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners