Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Lawleywood
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
I went the cheapest route I could, and it still cost a little over $400. Next year I'll opt for better bars (Carlini Evil Apes!), so I would say, just save your money until you have enough to do exactly what you want.
I had a Dyna before my lo and I went cheap route on the Apes on that bike, was not really all that bad but when I got my lo I decided I wasn't going to spare any expense as far as bars go. That's why I went with the Carlini Gangsters in 18" with Magnum cables. The Dyna was kind of a pain to get all the parts for because I pieced it all together from local shops. It was cheap but you could tell. When it comes to bars I recommend waiting until you have the money to get exactly what you want. Especially if you are doing the work yourself, it really is not that difficult but it is time consuming.

Old 12-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just got back from the shop. They want to satin chrome the rings and chrome trim to match the brushed aluminum. I said go for it. I am not sure if they are excited about getting more $$ out of me or they actually looking forward to going all out on my Lo:P Shop manager was saying things like 'This is what I will do with it'...it felt like he was treating like it was his ride. Either way I know it is in good hands as they do up the tins and trims.

Also when I told them I want to swap duals to part time RK bags for the next project, they said it's going to look one of a kind and can't wait to see it done...if I do.

Anyways another good bike day. Next visit back in 2 weeks the tins should be fitted and viewed before sent to the painter. I will post pics then.

Cheers.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:20 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a good idea to sand paper the chrome oil cap. I think I might do that to mine. I'd like to have the oil temp one but it's pretty expensive. Anybody know what color would look best and last for something that gets pretty hot? I'm thinking of doing my brake and shift levers also at some point. I'm gonna be glad when my sissy bar gets here. A heavy pack on your back is a pain in the butt. I wore my flack jacket with armor plates in to the rifle range once and that wasn't too bad but a heavy pack just digs in. Be nice to have somewhere to strap it soon.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:40 PM
dansax
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
So, I am a compulsive spender... I found a solo Le Pera Bare Bones seat with a price I couldn't pass up, so I got it. Now, I know it is not a seat for long rides, but most of the mileage I put on my bike is trips back and forth to work, short trips here and there, and the occasional trip to the grocery store to pick up some milk I'll keep my stock seat for longer rides; I may even send it off to Mean City Cycles to have it reworked for better comfort.

I love the look of the Bare Bones on Deluxes and such, but I have yet to see one on a Lo, or at least I don't think I have. Does anyone have a pic they can post of a Bare Bones solo seat on their Lo, or someone else's that they know has one?
Here it is with custom stitching and buttons.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-043.jpg  

Last edited by dansax; 12-09-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:05 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dansax
Here it is with custom stitching and buttons.
I remember that seat now! Your whole setup is bad *** man. I haven't seen a style like it yet and probably won't again. Kudos to you. How does the seat ride? I am expecting a harder ride, so it won't bother me. Is there a huge difference from the stock seat? Does it move you down and back? I hope so, I could use the extra room; I have some long *** legs.

Old 12-10-2011, 12:22 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
That's a good idea to sand paper the chrome oil cap. I think I might do that to mine. I'd like to have the oil temp one but it's pretty expensive. Anybody know what color would look best and last for something that gets pretty hot? I'm thinking of doing my brake and shift levers also at some point. I'm gonna be glad when my sissy bar gets here. A heavy pack on your back is a pain in the butt. I wore my flack jacket with armor plates in to the rifle range once and that wasn't too bad but a heavy pack just digs in. Be nice to have somewhere to strap it soon.
Please do not use sand paper. Use a green scotchbrite pad and WD40 scrub it like you were wet sanding with the grain. There are some videos on youtube that can show you how.

Old 12-10-2011, 01:52 AM
dansax
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

My first ride with it was a 100 mile round tripper. My *** was killing me. Now it seems very comfortable. It really lowers you down, don't know about how far back it sets you because of the pullback of my bars. Well worth the price. I think it is the best looking low profile seat on the market. Thanks for the compliments on the bike.

Old 12-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Willie D
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
I have the one I took out before I traded mine. Also have the SE Headlight two element !

PM me for a Great $$

WD

Old 12-10-2011, 12:47 PM
TNB
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally bit the bullet and had the bars changed.... Just a quick photo from yesterday during my lunch break. I'll have to go take a better photo later... soon.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-hd-misc-120911-14credwmsrgb.jpg  
Old 12-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those bars look pretty good TNB. What kind of handlebar bag is that? I've just got the cheap HD one on for right now. I'm thinking of eventually getting the one that licks makes. It's pretty thick leather and has quick release buckles behind the straps. It seems like pretty good quality but of course it's also three times as expensive as my HD cheapo.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners