Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm looking at getting the Reduced Reach Solo HD seat so I can get the bars a little closer without spending on new bars, cables, ect. Does anyone know if the seat is compatible with the stock passenger pillion? And if anyone has one, how do you like it?

Old 12-07-2011, 11:29 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
I'm looking at getting the Reduced Reach Solo HD seat so I can get the bars a little closer without spending on new bars, cables, ect. Does anyone know if the seat is compatible with the stock passenger pillion? And if anyone has one, how do you like it?
If I am not mistaken, you can get some drag bars, which will put the bars closer to you (and look bad ***) and still use the same cables. I swear I've read plenty of people have done it on this thread, but it has gotten so massive that I couldn't tell you on what page it is. You can get them for alot less than buying a new seat, and you don't even have to worry about the passenger pillion.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:33 PM
TNB
Road Master

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
Another option is just to have your seat reupholstered and have the shop add some foam to help push you forward.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:39 AM
Toledofatboy
Advanced

FATBOB USMC. I put a Corbin Classic Solo on my Lo along with HD 6" pullback risers. Seat pushes me a little forward and the bars come back to me perfectly. I swear the bike feels custom fit now. I didn't have to replace any cables or brake lines. I'm 5'11". The Corbin seat is much, much more comfortable than the stock seat and looks great. The Risers look good, too. One evenings work to install both.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:01 AM
musicnbikes
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I am selling my fat boy lo, its in the classifieds. Thanks!

Old 12-08-2011, 10:32 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Damn! People are selling their Lo's like crazy! Good luck musicnbikes.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:11 AM
musicnbikes
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Damn! People are selling their Lo's like crazy! Good luck musicnbikes.
Thanks! I don't really want to sell it, but times are getting tough.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:30 AM
serjayson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow your selling it at trade in value. Someone's gonna get a great deal.

Old 12-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We need some new mod Lo's to look at! Come on folks...spice up this thread again.

Cheers

Old 12-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure how much this will spice up the thread but I was finally able to get some decent daylight shots of my Easy Brackets lay down license plate and turn signal relocation. I'm really happy with how it turned out. Even if installation was a bigger pain then I thought it would be. I went ahead and ordered the reduced reach solo seat. I have ABS brakes on the bike and after looking at the ABS brake line I think there's no way I could bring the bars closer without getting at least a new brake line and I'm pretty sure that would be over a hundred dollars by itself and that's if I could put it on myself without having to have a dealer do it. Does anybody know the common torx sizes that are common to softails? I'm looking at ordering a new set of Craftsman bits and I want to make sure whatever set I get has all the ones I'll need. My sissy bar setup should be in here in about five days or so.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0075.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0076.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0077.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0078.jpg  

Last edited by Fatbob usmc EOD; 12-08-2011 at 03:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners