Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 02:58 PM
2012Fatso
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokeyTN
I'm working on some winter mods here as well. I'm going to be putting on a Roland Sands Turbine Black Ops air cleaner, Big Radius 2-2, and then some kind of fuel management. I know the Big Radius are hardly original on this thread, but the fact is they look the best on the bike and I have never even seen another Lo on the road (let alone with those pipes), so it will be original enough.

I know it's been a matter of great debate on these forums, but I am trying to figure out what fuel management system to use. Right now I am leaning towards the Harley SE Pro Super Tuner because I'm too busy to do the work myself and they always push for that at the dealer. It's just so damn expensive. I'd also consider the Power Commander or something similar if they were willing to deal with that at the dealer.
Go with the powervision from fuel moto. They make a tune for your mods then you plug it in and push a few buttons then unplug it and your done. Its very simple.

Old 12-06-2011, 03:55 PM
SmokeyTN
Advanced

Originally Posted by rrambo
can't say enough about how much I like the Power Vision.. flash your ecm, unplug it and go.. if you get it from FuelMoto they will send it loaded with an appropriate map for your setup.. they will send you free maps later if you change your setup.. you can also download maps from DynoJet as well as you being able to adjust your own maps if you desire with the log tuner software..
The Power Vision looks pretty awesome and easy enough to use. It doesn't really help the whole cost issue though. It looks just as expensive as the SE pro racing tuner, if not more.

I may end up going with something like this, but I was hoping to be able to save a few bucks, since I am going high end on the air cleaner (RSD) and the pipes.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:37 PM
Brutus01
Road Captain

The Power Vision looks pretty awesome and easy enough to use. It doesn't really help the whole cost issue though. It looks just as expensive as the SE pro racing tuner, if not more.

I may end up going with something like this, but I was hoping to be able to save a few bucks, since I am going high end on the air cleaner (RSD) and the pipes.

Check the classifed on the forum. It is the Power Commander and not the Power Vision but they are both good products and Fuel Moto will honor the their product and provide you with an updated map for your setup. I know Beasley listed one for about $200 and I am sure he has taken care of it. I even think Rambo had one listed at one point. This may be a cost effective alternative for you.

Old 12-06-2011, 05:33 PM
2012Fatso
Cruiser

Dont you have to pay extra on top of the SE pro tuner to have it tuned? If you buy from fuel moto its free

Old 12-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Brutus01
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 2012Fatso
Dont you have to pay extra on top of the SE pro tuner to have it tuned? If you buy from fuel moto its free

Yes with the SERT you have to pay for dyno time. I wish I had known then what I know now. UGHHH!!!

Old 12-07-2011, 07:06 AM
Toledofatboy
Advanced

OK, let me make sure I have this right. I'm new to tuners.
With the Power Vision you load the correct map into the unit from your computer. Plug it in, follow directions to load it into the bikes computer. Then unplug the unit and you are done?
The unit doesn't have to remain connected to the bike? Only reason I am asking is looking at the picture on their website it looks like the unit is mounted on the handlebars of a bike.
I see they have a map for Big Radius 2-2 and SE aircleaner. Sounds like me!
By the way, if anyone is considering a Corbin seat for their low, DO IT! Man that thing is easy on my ***!

Old 12-07-2011, 08:26 AM
Fierofly
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[quote=Toledofatboy;9117617]OK, let me make sure I have this right. I'm new to tuners.
With the Power Vision you load the correct map into the unit from your computer. Plug it in, follow directions to load it into the bikes computer. Then unplug the unit and you are done?
The unit doesn't have to remain connected to the bike? Only reason I am asking is looking at the picture on their website it looks like the unit is mounted on the handlebars of a bike.

That's correct, You don't have to mount to handlebars, but if you do, as I did you won't have to look down at your stock gages again. Check out my photo album for pictures of my display.

Old 12-07-2011, 09:23 AM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Brutus01
Check the classifed on the forum. It is the Power Commander and not the Power Vision but they are both good products and Fuel Moto will honor the their product and provide you with an updated map for your setup. I know Beasley listed one for about $200 and I am sure he has taken care of it. I even think Rambo had one listed at one point. This may be a cost effective alternative for you.
Yup, got my PCV for sale in the classifieds. While I want to sell it, I also recommend the PV. However, if you're looking for a less expensive option hit me up. The PCV works fine, but I'm a tech head and couldn't resist the lure of a new gadget.

Old 12-07-2011, 09:47 AM
SmokeyTN
Advanced

Originally Posted by beasleyiv
Yup, got my PCV for sale in the classifieds. While I want to sell it, I also recommend the PV. However, if you're looking for a less expensive option hit me up. The PCV works fine, but I'm a tech head and couldn't resist the lure of a new gadget.
I'm strongly considering it. I posted in your classified thread. I'd love to be able to save the dough, but since my dealer is going to be doing the pipes and air cleaner, I want to make sure they are willing to work with the PCV. I'm not really looking to do major engine upgrades down the road because I have thousands of dollars worth of stuff I want to do to the exterior. My sense is that a killer SEPRT or something like that might be wasted on me.

Old 12-07-2011, 09:55 AM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

I'm strongly considering it. I posted in your classified thread. I'd love to be able to save the dough, but since my dealer is going to be doing the pipes and air cleaner, I want to make sure they are willing to work with the PCV. I'm not really looking to do major engine upgrades down the road because I have thousands of dollars worth of stuff I want to do to the exterior. My sense is that a killer SEPRT or something like that might be wasted on me.
Cool. I don't have anyone interested at the moment, so the PCV isn't going anywhere. Your dealer will likely balk at it since they want to make a sale on their tuner. You have to decide what's best for your future plans. It sounds like a PCV or similar is better suited to where you're going. To answer your question in the other thread, it is a piggyback device.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners