Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got the tire fixed. All the dealer had to do was replace the valve guts. They didn't even need to take the tire off. This is a good reminder to check the tires often. When I found the problem the tire only had about 15 pounds of air in it.

Old 11-25-2011, 11:37 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Josewales
Morgan, I know the feeling but not for 4 months. I work out of town lots and have to wait each round of mods. Feels like a smoker on a plane:P

Btw awesome to see a silver getting all done up here.

Cheers.
Yea, I've already been away for almost 4 months so I am almost half way done.

I always loved the blacked out engine on the night train and I found a guy I could get the wrinkle black engine covers from for cheap, so I am just gonna go that route for now... next year, wheels tires and shotgun shock, and then maybe I'll be done

Question for the group: How much do you think I could get if I tried selling the brushed chrome primary cover, timing cover, transmission cover and the upper and lower rocker boxes? Are there even any people in the market for these?

Old 11-26-2011, 01:28 AM
dansax
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

There is always a market for anything. If the price is right someone will ****** them up.

Old 11-26-2011, 01:59 AM
Markske
Cruiser

As my OP states, my 1.5" Carlini Freeways are on!!! Style & comfort...mission accomplished methinx. Now gut is telling me to black out the forks.

Ignore the signal lights...they werent quite finished this morning when I dropped by to pay the bill.

That really looks very nice!
What setup did you use for the front turn signals?

Thanks
Mark

Old 11-26-2011, 06:18 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Markske
That really looks very nice!
What setup did you use for the front turn signals?

Thanks
Mark
The black signal bar & aux lamps...then dealership pieced together the signal light housing kit. The one that fit wasnt the bullets...I didnt want the deluxe bar kit that fits the bullets due to the bar style. Why they had to figure out the bullets for the the black bar.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:58 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

The black signal bar & aux lamps...then dealership pieced together the signal light housing kit. The one that fit wasnt the bullets...I didnt want the deluxe bar kit that fits the bullets due to the bar style. Why they had to figure out the bullets for the the black bar.
If you don't mind me asking, what'd the aux light kit and signal relocation cost you? I love that look, but I would rather not spend over $350 for the whole deal... I kinda have a budget.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:21 AM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

I've got the Easy Brackets laydown license plate and turn signal relocation kit on the way. I ordered it last night from Great Bike Gear. It should be here next week. I was going to wait and order it, the bags, and the easy brackets all at once but I figured the license plate bracket will look good on it's own so why wait. Plus I want to get modding in whatever way my budget will allow

Old 11-26-2011, 09:28 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
If you don't mind me asking, what'd the aux light kit and signal relocation cost you? I love that look, but I would rather not spend over $350 for the whole deal... I kinda have a budget.
Around $200 for aux light & bar kit...about another $100+ for signal light & housings. Exlcuding the light rings, which was lil under $100 in total. I don't have receipts in front of me atm.

One could also use his old bullets and get the fittings for it...but I liked the housings.

Keep in mind, I am sure one can find a aftermarket as in a Kury set up for cheaper. JP Cycles or Customcruiser would help find.

Also a few bucks for PC...all my PC costed me $160 including engine guard, AC cover, light housings & belt cover.

Old 11-26-2011, 10:23 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Hey Joseywales/ I was curious as to where your front turn signals are connected. I know on my bike which is a 2011 as well they are hard wired to the hand controls. I wanted to do a relocate with them but was not sure where they would connect. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 11-26-2011, 10:41 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
Hey Joseywales/ I was curious as to where your front turn signals are connected. I know on my bike which is a 2011 as well they are hard wired to the hand controls. I wanted to do a relocate with them but was not sure where they would connect. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Good question...I thought about doing it myself but soon as I seen the wires head out of the bars to the inside of the bike, I said screw it. Bars needed to be done anyways...got er done same time. Must not be that hard once bars are stripped off because I don't see any relocating labor on my invoice or deviation from original quote.

But now I want a 'HD For Dummies' manual...for next time.

Someone...pssst Drew???

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners