Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 07:41 PM
AtlasRocker
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
Went out and put a few more miles on the Lo today. The bike only has about 70 miles on it so far. It's hard to get into neutral right now with the engine running. It's not too hard when the engines off. I'm guessing this is due to the transmission needing to break in. I was wondering if any of you guys remember how long it took before the bike would go into neutral easily while the engine is running. Also if anybody knows which wires from the headlight I need to tap into to get my flash2pass garage door opener working that would be great.
I had the same issue. I found a thread on here somewhere that said this can happen if the primary is over filled. I wasn't going to wait until the 1,000 service so I drained it and used a measuring cup to get the exact amount of oil back in. Worked perfectly ever since. No neutral issues.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:55 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's gotten a little easier to get it into neutral now that it's got about 130 miles on it. I've found I can get it into neutral if I just kind of bob my heel on the heel shifter it will slip in most of the time. I'm going to keep riding it for a while and see what happens. I'm really starting to hate not having bags. Does anybody know of a good set, relatively cheap that will fit with the stock exhaust ? I can't find the money to do the stage 1 but I need some luggage room. I've thought about a sissy bar with luggage rack but that's 400 if I get the parts from Zanotti's. Right now I'm looking at a set of Grand Canyon V's from Leatherneck Jim's but once I add easy brackets those will run about 360.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:20 AM
Matt990724
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

It's gotten a little easier to get it into neutral now that it's got about 130 miles on it. I've found I can get it into neutral if I just kind of bob my heel on the heel shifter it will slip in most of the time. I'm going to keep riding it for a while and see what happens. I'm really starting to hate not having bags. Does anybody know of a good set, relatively cheap that will fit with the stock exhaust ? I can't find the money to do the stage 1 but I need some luggage room. I've thought about a sissy bar with luggage rack but that's 400 if I get the parts from Zanotti's. Right now I'm looking at a set of Grand Canyon V's from Leatherneck Jim's but once I add easy brackets those will run about 360.
I just added HS FatboyLo Bags... I think they look quite good.
They do not have the Fatboy weaving, and have the fatboy emblem. I think it blends really well. I will see if I have a picture or two to add.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:26 AM
Matt990724
Road Master
Default pics of Fatboy Bags

pics of the bags... as so many others have said "excuse the crappy phone pics"

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img-20111017-00044.jpg  
Old 11-22-2011, 08:26 AM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master

Matt, can you post a link to those bags or a part number? I googled HS bags and nothing came up. Did you mean to post HD Fat Boy Lo bags?

Old 11-22-2011, 08:29 AM
Matt990724
Road Master

I had to resize the side view photo

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-side_view_smaller.jpg  
Old 11-22-2011, 08:33 AM
Matt990724
Road Master

Matt, can you post a link to those bags or a part number? I googled HS bags and nothing came up. Did you mean to post HD Fat Boy Lo bags?
I don't know the part number.. sorry.. I bought them from a guy on craigslist.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:48 AM
Firemed509
Tourer

Originally Posted by Matt990724
I don't know the part number.. sorry.. I bought them from a guy on craigslist.
Those look like the Softtail leather saddlebags - fatboy styling part # 90320-00D

Old 11-22-2011, 02:45 PM
Fatboy Todd
Intermediate
Default Need advice for my newsed 2010 FB lo

All - I've read 228 pages from this forum so far and am super impressed with all the work you've done to your bikes. With that I want to see if I can get some guidance from you all instead of the folks at the stealership. I bought the bike with everything stock with the exception of some Rush 2" slip on pipes. I'm looking to add the PC 5, an intake, and new pipes if need be in the short term. Any advice on going between the SE Heavy Breather or the RS intakes? I like the look of the RS and am leaning in that direction. With the PC 5 the tech at fuelmoto told me if I upgraded my pipes to the V&H BR 2 to 2 I would have to do a remapping so on the fence as to what to do there. I'm not made of gold after all. These 3 upgrades at once is a swift kick in the nads but seem to be all needed to work together. Thoughts? One more, I have the stock bars on her for now. They are a bit rough on the back after a while. Any suggestions on where I can go to get a feel for the different styles/ Thinking beach bars off the top from the looks of some on this thread. Finally, my oil cap gets hotter than hell under my leg after about 30 minutes. Has anyone had the same issue and what have you done about it? My levels are fine and I'm not going nutz in those 30 minutes. Thanks all and again nice work!!!

Old 11-22-2011, 02:51 PM
rrambo
Tourer

Just my opinion, but the Power Vision is a better product.. I got mine from FuelMoto.. you can change the pipes and either download a new map from DynoJet or the guys at FuelMoto can email it to you in less than a day.. hell, they sent me a new map within a few hours.. with the PV, you can either leave it plugged in and get all kinds of data while you ride, or you can flash your ecm and then unplug it.. it's not a piggyback unit... you're actually reflashing your ecm..

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners