Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 12:22 PM
moog5050
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by moog5050
Thinking about selling the Lo, but since I never got any photos up and you guys have been so helpful in making my mods, I thought I would post some photos since I finally took some. Hope you enjoy.

Gents,

I have decided that the best way to recoup some money on all of my mods since I am selling my bike is to put it back to stock and sell the mods. They all have 2000 or less miles on them and are in perfect condition. Please see my add in the softail parts classified section and PM me if you are interested in any of the parts. Thanks.

Last edited by moog5050; 11-18-2011 at 12:47 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 11-18-2011, 12:39 PM
French Cancan
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fatboy tour-pak ready long trip

Hello guys

First post ever on HD forums for me. I bought 2010 fatboy lo and I want to make a trip from montreal to Peru. I made a photo twist on photoshop to show what I want to do. The fatboy lo here is not mine.

The big picture is this, I need:

Saddle Bag Conversion Brackets for Harley Davidson Softail
touring hardbag HD
Touring tour-pack
solo tour-pack bracket conversion for softail
solo seat
shorter exhaus system to leave space to the saddle bag

I'm cool with the saddle bag conversion bracket, but conversion bracket to fit a touring tour-pack SOLO is an other story.

Any advice?

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-moto3.jpg  
Old 11-18-2011, 07:55 PM
bauer4567
Tourer

So I am talking to Mogo about picking up his speedo/tach combo that he is taking off his Lo before selling.

I have been looking all over the place for info, but cannot find anything about a used unit. Would I be able to transfer the mileage to the used unit being that it has been on his bike already? The 2 dealers I called confirmed that there is a data connection to transfer your current mileage to the new unit, but when I asked about whether this would work with a unit which has already gotten info transferred to it from another unit they pretty much said "hmm, I dont know what would happen"...

Anyone have any experience with this?

Old 11-18-2011, 09:06 PM
RedNose44
Extreme HDF Member

Received 7,084 Likes on 2,601 Posts

Originally Posted by beasleyiv
PV for 2012 was just released yesterday. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/9052269-post1476.html
My DynoJet dealer told me today it would not be till the end of the month. I hope this means it will get here a little sooner...

Old 11-18-2011, 09:15 PM
stanggt66
6th Gear

Hey Everyone
Long time reader first time poster
so let me introduce myself im mark, im 28 I live in South Australia and i am a proud owner of a 2010 lo..
i have never had more fun you see i was only intially wanting a iron883 (how wrong can one guy be)

Saw this thread and always had a soft spot for fatboys as soon as i saw the lo i knew it was the bike i would be buying.
i didnt have an open licence but i decided i would get the bike incase HD discontinued the Lo for some reason in 2011 that played in my favor and i picked one up cheap from a small country town as a dealer run out, As 2011 bikes we coming and with all the 2011 goodies etc they were worred that they would end up stuck with it i think

I trailered it back the bike then spent the next 12 months in my kitchen so i could stare at it each morning counting the days untill i got my open licence.... that day came and now i use the bike almost daily put 1600km on it in just a few weeks!

i have modded the bike a little but no where near as much as some of your amazing bikes you have posted on here!
but damn you guys have been creative

Current mods are
Vance and Hine Air cleaner
Vance and Hine slip on's
HD smoked lenses
HD smoked LED taillight (want the kurakin one now thanks to you guys)
Black Covers (all round but left the rockers)
Fender Bib
Headlight Trim
led fuel caps think they are black diamond
infills for area under above the plugs

Wanting to do
Computer
vance and hine 2 into 1 big radius
burleigh handlebars (these are amazing)
lay back plate (considering hogrida lay lo)
PC all the chrome
and im sure the list will grow

anyways just want to say hello to you all and thank you for the ideas you have given me on this great bike!

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img-20111118-00367.jpg  

Last edited by stanggt66; 11-19-2011 at 01:21 AM.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:44 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by bauer4567
So I am talking to Mogo about picking up his speedo/tach combo that he is taking off his Lo before selling.

I have been looking all over the place for info, but cannot find anything about a used unit. Would I be able to transfer the mileage to the used unit being that it has been on his bike already? The 2 dealers I called confirmed that there is a data connection to transfer your current mileage to the new unit, but when I asked about whether this would work with a unit which has already gotten info transferred to it from another unit they pretty much said "hmm, I dont know what would happen"...

Anyone have any experience with this?
From what I have read all you need to do is hook it up to your bike and the miles will change as all data is stored on your bike's ECM.

Old 11-19-2011, 12:08 AM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by RedNose44
My DynoJet dealer told me today it would not be till the end of the month. I hope this means it will get here a little sooner...
Check with Fuelmoto and see if they have them. They are very close partners with Dynojet.

Old 11-19-2011, 05:55 AM
bauer4567
Tourer

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
From what I have read all you need to do is hook it up to your bike and the miles will change as all data is stored on your bike's ECM.
A fee other sites Have suggested that it probably won't work because after 31 miles (it counts down in trip b menu) it is paired with the vin. The mileage is not stored in the ECM, and the 08-10 version uses a cable to transfer the mileage and other data before removing your stock speedo. It is not until 2011 that it is simply plug n play.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:05 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bauer4567
A fee other sites Have suggested that it probably won't work because after 31 miles (it counts down in trip b menu) it is paired with the vin. The mileage is not stored in the ECM, and the 08-10 version uses a cable to transfer the mileage and other data before removing your stock speedo. It is not until 2011 that it is simply plug n play.

I don't have that particular speedo/tach, but when I changed mine out to the CVO spun aluminium retro/modern doodad whatchamacallit, all I had to do was plug mine in and everything transferred just fine.. now, because that one is much fancier and does the fuel and all that stuff too, it might have to plug in to that jack that's under the seat.. but really that only takes a few minutes, and I'm pretty sure it comes with the cable to do it.. I always wondered what that cable was for until this speedo came out and explained it. And naturally, that one came out about a week after I bought mine and installed it, and was originally $50 cheaper. daggum.

Old 11-19-2011, 11:50 AM
Youngneg
Tourer

Bauer is correct, after 31 miles its married to the VIN

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners