Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 09:58 AM
Jester750
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
blaaaack...

and i bought a windshield from Jester750.. he lives an hour from me so i drove (yes, drove..time was a constraint so i couldn't ride), and picked it up.. so i've officially met my first FLSTFB'er. huzzah.
Jim,
It was good meeting ya. Too bad I couldn't stick around a little longer to talk about our bikes and the mods we made.
So how did that detachable windshield work out for ya?
Let me know if youre interested in those locking detachable saddlebags.
I also have the front fork wind deflector part#58125-90B
They block alot of wind and would complement the windshield you bought by blocking more cold air, but for looks, I would have them powdercoated flat black rather than the chrome.

Old 10-17-2011, 06:01 PM
rojuwi
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anybody use the riser clamp adapter the wild1 has for the 1 1/4" risers? Im thinking about getting some bars from there but I dont know about the adapter and dont want to do new risers

Old 10-17-2011, 06:09 PM
TNB
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
I'd let her buy me dinner.
I don't even know if she eats dinner. If so, probably not very much since she had to keep that Victoria Secret model figure. She was fun to chat with and even laughed at some of my dumb comments as all the photos were being taken of the two of us.

Old 10-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bet she'd eat a cheeseburger and some wings..she does ride, after all

Old 10-17-2011, 07:01 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Just ordered 1.5" Carlini Freeways...now to find/research a bling series for grips and all that.

Also looks like I will PC the bars gloss black (got a blemished)...matte/flat I am scared the denim wont match well. Therefore blacking out with gloss makes sense. Need to know the plan now since I need to take the baby in next month for cables and fitting...might as well swap out a bottom fork cover fast for black well it's in.

Old 10-17-2011, 07:47 PM
bigoil7
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Question for Lo owners...

Out on a ride the other day, my buddy asks if I wanted to ride his Road King, so I hopped on his bike and he rode my Lo. At speed, his bike was smooth, but shook like hell idling (which it expected) and although it was a nice ride, I sure like the lower feel of my bike better. I rode a SG recently too, and it was nice too, but the c.o.g just felt so much higher. Guess I just like the Fatboys better. Anyhow, when we stopped he said "Dude, you've got something seriously wrong in the front". He lifted both hands off the bars I guess around 45 mph, and he said it wobbled really bad. Now I don't take both hands of the bars often, but I tried it and it did wobble some. But I never feel it with any weight on the bars. I have about 7000 miles on her (not bad considering I got it in April). He said it could be the neck bearings, but they feel solid, or perhaps a broken belt in the tire, but who knows. I rode to the dealer and asked them, and at first they said, well HD's policy is to never take your hands off the bars. That really didn't answer my question and they said I could schedule an appointment and they'd check things out for me. In the meantime, do any of you guys (gals) have any insight on this?
Also, how many miles should I expect out of my tires? I ride a little hard, but seldom spin or skid. Thinking about going to a Metzeler when the Dunlops are exhausted.
Thanks in advance.

Old 10-17-2011, 07:59 PM
serjayson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've bump to threads for you to check out bigoil7 fatboy Lo wobble and I've got the 2010 fatboy Lo wobble.

Old 10-17-2011, 08:01 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^^

During my first service and stage 2 upgrade, both times they had to adjust the steering due to same wobble. I wonder when I go in for final dyno run they will have to do it again.

Edit.

Thanx for bump Serj. When it's back in I will remember to quiz the grease.

Last edited by Josewales; 10-17-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:40 AM
Lawleywood
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Those of you worried about the wobble, it is not the neck bearings or the steering head adjustment. It is the front tire. Unfortunately the stealer will tell you they need to do the steering head adjustment and charge you for it. I had the same problem and it was getting worse, I took it to the dealer the first time and they charged me a half hour labor to do the steering head adjustment. I picked up the bike and not even a quarter mile down the road, and the same problem was still happening. I happen to make friends with quite a few people at the dealer I go to and one being a service writer. He was off when I initially took the bike in, on my way out that day he told me to bring it back and they'd look at the tire because there was a known problem and they had changed a tire out before to solve this problem. Needless to say, they changed the front tire out under my tire warranty and bam the problem was fixed. It was a little bit of a hassle, but the main point here is that I only had 3k on the bike at the time and they were telling me that it was out of warranty and I would have to pay for the tire. That is until I mentioned that I had a 4 year tire warranty that I paid for.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:23 AM
moog5050
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree its the tire. Doesn't bother me much because there is no wobble with hands on the bars, but it does wobble if you take off all pressure. Had them do the adjustments on the steering head and regrease the neck bearings -- no help. Now if I could just figure out how to get dynabeads in these tube tires. Rolled right in on my Big Dog. I think that would fix the problem until I need new tries.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners