Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 02:27 PM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 96 Posts
Smile

we forgive you

Old 10-16-2011, 03:35 PM
serjayson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on forgiveness :P

Old 10-16-2011, 04:44 PM
Lawleywood
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Damnit man, that is gonna look awesome!

I can't wait to get back from this deployment to finish mine up! I'm thinkin about going with a real nostalgic look (like that hasn't been done before, right)... Just silver and black. I figure I'll just go all Night Train like on the engine too, just haven't decided if I should powdercoat my engine parts or buy new, wrinkle black ones and recoup some of the money by selling the brushed chrome ones. Along with that, blacking out the forks and console and I'm also thinkin some black fishtails (without baffles, of course) and some springer style bags, but I'm not sure if I want to go fringed or not. Later on down the road (like in 2 years) I want to do a 21" spoke wheel (classic spokes, not fat spokes) up front and an 18" spoke in the back.

Of course, with all of this I am just planning, and dreaming...
So ironically I got a check in the mail yesterday that will cover the new exhaust. Definitely going with 39" unbaffled fishtails, I just need to decide by tomorrow whether I want to do chrome or black.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawleywood
So ironically I got a check in the mail yesterday that will cover the new exhaust. Definitely going with 39" unbaffled fishtails, I just need to decide by tomorrow whether I want to do chrome or black.
blaaaack...

and i bought a windshield from Jester750.. he lives an hour from me so i drove (yes, drove..time was a constraint so i couldn't ride), and picked it up.. so i've officially met my first FLSTFB'er. huzzah.

Old 10-16-2011, 06:41 PM
Bonzo27524
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Hey Sgt Jim

Where did you find that Fat Boy poster?

Old 10-16-2011, 06:49 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bonzo27524
Where did you find that Fat Boy poster?
google Marisa Miller Harley Bombshell..she did a whole photoshoot with a few HD models, good video of her doing a burnout on a sportster online too

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lb...ynpwo1_500.jpg

Old 10-16-2011, 09:46 PM
TNB
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
google Marisa Miller Harley Bombshell..she did a whole photoshoot with a few HD models, good video of her doing a burnout on a sportster online too
I actually got to meet Marisa Miller and get my photo taken with her. She also autographed the calendar, a v-rod pamplet, and a photo of my bike. I tried to let her manager or whoever he was to let her poise with my bike, but they claimed they didn't have time. Oh well, tried to push the envelope a little bit.

Old 10-16-2011, 11:52 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawleywood
That's awesome! If I were in your shoes, I would go with Chrome. You don't have very much denim left on you bike at all and your risers are still chrome as well as a few stock parts left on the bike. I think the chrome would pop pretty well. The matte black wouldn't really go too much with anything else on the bike.

This is, of course, only my opinion. The decision is yours to make, you're putting up the cash.

By the way, how much are you lookin at for the cost of the pipes? I am lookin at the same ones, but in black.

Old 10-17-2011, 07:51 AM
Lawleywood
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
That's awesome! If I were in your shoes, I would go with Chrome. You don't have very much denim left on you bike at all and your risers are still chrome as well as a few stock parts left on the bike. I think the chrome would pop pretty well. The matte black wouldn't really go too much with anything else on the bike.

This is, of course, only my opinion. The decision is yours to make, you're putting up the cash.

By the way, how much are you lookin at for the cost of the pipes? I am lookin at the same ones, but in black.
Yeah I was leaning towards the chrome myself, mainly because the whole back end of the bike is black and I think the black pipes would be overkill. The cheapest place I could find those on the net is Phatperformanceparts.com and they are 764 shipped. I am actually going through Samson customer service this time.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:07 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by TNB
I actually got to meet Marisa Miller and get my photo taken with her. She also autographed the calendar, a v-rod pamplet, and a photo of my bike. I tried to let her manager or whoever he was to let her poise with my bike, but they claimed they didn't have time. Oh well, tried to push the envelope a little bit.
I'd let her buy me dinner.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners