Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 12:59 AM
Melonbob
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
That looks hot.. MotherWell makes a set of black hardware that look just like the stock stuff..but black..they accidentally sent me a set for free with my luggage rack from them..was awesome

and welcome to the thread, Bob.. to answer the questions in your other thread... yes, some of us have lowered our Lo's.. most use either a set of Progressive 422 shocks (which i will be installing this winter), or the Shotgun Shock (if you've got the money to blow on it)..
I heard somewhere that Mustang seats, or (i think) C&C (maybe it's Corbin?) will move your riding position forward..
I use the StreetSlammer bars, and they have a bit more pull back than the stock (stock 2010's that is..not 2012's), but it's not drastic.. you could put different risers on.. as for the Wild1 Chubby's, i know some people have them, but i forget if they're on a Lo. As for Labor.. if you have even a hint of mechanical inclination, you could technically do it all yourself. The hardest part of changing out my bars was removing the wires from the pin-housings. Though if you have a soldering iron, just cut the bastards and solder in the extensions and you'll be golden. Not terribly difficult if you want to save a few hundred bucks and have a free weekend to do it. As for the cable length..you'd have to call them and ask..

Do yourself a favor and invest in the service manual for your bike and keep it by your side and you'll be fine. Also, as you read through this thread, sorry ahead of time about lightening your wallet.
Yeah, no kidding on the wallet part, considering we bought a new nightster not even four months ago. Now that my wife has decided she wants to ride, its all good for me....but she still has a list of winter projects on the nightster as well! Its all good though.......

Old 10-15-2011, 07:38 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Melonbob
Add another to the crowd, bought a 2012 LO today....(:

Welcome to the kool kids club. Make er proud man.

Cheers

Old 10-15-2011, 10:52 AM
Lawleywood
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
the thumbscrew on the end of the bib? The one that came with the motherwell kit is like 1 1/2 times the length of the harley thumbscrew.. i was actually worried it might hit the tire..but it doesnt
Jim, the hardware that comes up through the fender is not tall enough to fit through the composite fender. The stock metal fender is very thin and the composite is a bit thicker. Because of this the hardware will not come through high enough to get the retaining clip on. Instead I got a 3/8 might be 5/16 bolt sticking up through the fender and have a nut with a nylock on it and then the chrome cap screw. I am sure I could find a black cap screw somewhere or even paint it or have it PC'd.

CaptainMorgan, I am planning on doing the 39" Samson Cholos in chrome, I am just waiting on the wife decision to let me pull the trigger.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:49 AM
rojuwi
Cruiser

Fellas, I need some opinions. I have the silver lo and was thinking about painting the lower forks black but then I thought what if I went the opposite way and went chrome on the parts that are black. Haven't seen that done yet and think it could be cool but can't decide. I also thought maybe get the chrome and scotchbrite it down to the brushed look on the engine. I might have to do it then if it looks bad just pc it all. What yall think?

Old 10-15-2011, 12:20 PM
turd fergussen
Tourer

Originally Posted by rojuwi
Fellas, I need some opinions. I have the silver lo and was thinking about painting the lower forks black but then I thought what if I went the opposite way and went chrome on the parts that are black. Haven't seen that done yet and think it could be cool but can't decide. I also thought maybe get the chrome and scotchbrite it down to the brushed look on the engine. I might have to do it then if it looks bad just pc it all. What yall think?
either of those ideas would probably look nice... but if you want to really be different, paint your oil bag to match your tins

Old 10-15-2011, 01:53 PM
serjayson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys gotta question for ya. I have V&H 2 into 1 big radius pipes with Fuel moto air cleaner and a PCV, and i'm changing my pipes to V&H pro pipes so I can throw on hard bags. Will I need a new map from Fuel moto? thanks

Old 10-15-2011, 02:25 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you got the PCV from fuelmoto then the map should be free, right? I can't see them being too terribly different, except that the Pro Pipe is supposed to be "high output" so it might make your engine bark a little on decel..

Old 10-15-2011, 04:59 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by serjayson
Hey guys gotta question for ya. I have V&H 2 into 1 big radius pipes with Fuel moto air cleaner and a PCV, and i'm changing my pipes to V&H pro pipes so I can throw on hard bags. Will I need a new map from Fuel moto? thanks
Just get a new map from Fuelmoto after you change pipes. They are free.

Old 10-15-2011, 06:00 PM
serjayson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I will. I'll call them Monday. I was just wondering since they both were V&H and 2 into 1 I could just throw it on and keep moving. Thanks guys.

Old 10-15-2011, 07:00 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm changing my exhaust from the BSS's (which are a 2-1-2) to a set of modified straights which are true 2-2.. i'm probably going to end up playing with the settings myself since i can't afford a dyno tune right now, and i didnt get my PCV through fuelmoto..but the pipe lengths are relatively similar, so it shouldn't be that much of a change.. similar situation for you

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners