Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Lawleywood
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TNB
Looks nice. Well done.
Thank you. I think that fender makes a world a difference on the back of Lo. The touring front fender helps quite a bit too.

Old 10-14-2011, 12:24 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah that's pretty sweet looking..if you're not riding 2-up, how does it look without the passenger seat, with maybe a black bolt for screw hole?

Old 10-14-2011, 12:28 PM
Lawleywood
Tourer

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
yeah that's pretty sweet looking..if you're not riding 2-up, how does it look without the passenger seat, with maybe a black bolt for screw hole?
I still use the fender bib when I take the passenger seat off, it looked really good with the other fender, Ill swap it out tonight and take a pic of that as well. Black bolt look good as well, I will have to look into that.

Old 10-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Matt990724
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Lawley, great looking bike man!!

Old 10-14-2011, 08:37 PM
Lawleywood
Tourer

Thanks Matt.

Sgt_Jim here are some pics with just the solo and a couple others.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0212.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0213.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0178.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0207.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0206.jpg  

Old 10-14-2011, 09:23 PM
Melonbob
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Add another to the crowd, bought a 2012 LO today....(:

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-photo-13-.jpg  
Old 10-14-2011, 09:45 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Lawleywood
Thanks Matt.

Sgt_Jim here are some pics with just the solo and a couple others.
That looks hot.. MotherWell makes a set of black hardware that look just like the stock stuff..but black..they accidentally sent me a set for free with my luggage rack from them..was awesome

and welcome to the thread, Bob.. to answer the questions in your other thread... yes, some of us have lowered our Lo's.. most use either a set of Progressive 422 shocks (which i will be installing this winter), or the Shotgun Shock (if you've got the money to blow on it)..
I heard somewhere that Mustang seats, or (i think) C&C (maybe it's Corbin?) will move your riding position forward..
I use the StreetSlammer bars, and they have a bit more pull back than the stock (stock 2010's that is..not 2012's), but it's not drastic.. you could put different risers on.. as for the Wild1 Chubby's, i know some people have them, but i forget if they're on a Lo. As for Labor.. if you have even a hint of mechanical inclination, you could technically do it all yourself. The hardest part of changing out my bars was removing the wires from the pin-housings. Though if you have a soldering iron, just cut the bastards and solder in the extensions and you'll be golden. Not terribly difficult if you want to save a few hundred bucks and have a free weekend to do it. As for the cable length..you'd have to call them and ask..

Do yourself a favor and invest in the service manual for your bike and keep it by your side and you'll be fine. Also, as you read through this thread, sorry ahead of time about lightening your wallet.

Last edited by Sgt_Jim; 10-14-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:57 PM
Lawleywood
Tourer

The black hardware looks awesome. The only problem is I had to use a different set up for the back because the Harley stuff won't work.

Old 10-14-2011, 10:03 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Lawleywood
The black hardware looks awesome. The only problem is I had to use a different set up for the back because the Harley stuff won't work.
the thumbscrew on the end of the bib? The one that came with the motherwell kit is like 1 1/2 times the length of the harley thumbscrew.. i was actually worried it might hit the tire..but it doesnt

Old 10-15-2011, 12:39 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lawley: Bike is lookin bad ***! I really like how it looks without the bags too! Have you seen if that exhaust, sitting the way that it does, heats up the bags or not?

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw what you said about the exhaust on the other thread... So are you gonna do regular fishtails or put on some long *** chrome cholos?

Last edited by CaptainMorgan_SOS; 10-15-2011 at 12:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners