Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 09:00 AM
Lawleywood
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Josewales
LOL I am keeping an eye on you 2:P

You guys have saved me a bit of time so far on some searches. Cool watching your evolutions at the same time.

Gratz on the Carlini btw!

Cheers.
I picked up the fenders last night from paint. The front is installed and the rear is ready to go on this evening! Will get pictures up tonight or tomorrow!

Old 10-12-2011, 09:21 AM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm just curious if anybody has had their dealer turn on the Engine Idle Temperature Management. I know the touring guys can turn it on and off at will. I'm wondering how well it works on the softails and whether or not people like it. I'd also like to know if and how much dealers are charging to turn it on and off. Since I'm going down to Florida where the summers are scorching I'm interested in looking into different ways to cool the bike down.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
I'm just curious if anybody has had their dealer turn on the Engine Idle Temperature Management. I know the touring guys can turn it on and off at will. I'm wondering how well it works on the softails and whether or not people like it. I'd also like to know if and how much dealers are charging to turn it on and off. Since I'm going down to Florida where the summers are scorching I'm interested in looking into different ways to cool the bike down.
i hear it's kind of pointless and doesn't cool the rear cylinder off as much as you'd think it would.. that's just here-say from a friend of a friend of mine

Old 10-14-2011, 07:29 AM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where has everybody been? The weather in the states must be really nice or something. I've got some bad news for my new Lo. I think due to finances I might have to wait a while on the stage 1. I'm moving to a new base when I get back and my house isn't selling or renting. I guess I'll get to enjoy the bike mostly stock for a little while longer. There is some good news though. I should be back stateside and firing the new bike up in about 30 days or so.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:57 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Where has everybody been? The weather in the states must be really nice or something. I've got some bad news for my new Lo. I think due to finances I might have to wait a while on the stage 1. I'm moving to a new base when I get back and my house isn't selling or renting. I guess I'll get to enjoy the bike mostly stock for a little while longer. There is some good news though. I should be back stateside and firing the new bike up in about 30 days or so.
No rush...there is always something to mod

I envy your south's weather....meh Canadians get blue ballz for a good 5 months.

Cheers

Old 10-14-2011, 08:11 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

I've been swamped with work, i log in and post..but it's usually in other threads..not much going on with Lola and the weather is slowly changing for the cold.

Had an awesome ride up around Lake Hopatcong and Lake Mohawk here in Jersey last sunday..couldn't ask for a better day, slight high pressure system got the temp up to 85*F for the day without a cloud in the sky. Either the 23th or 29th of this month we might be taking our trip up to Bear Mountain, NY.. we were going to go this past sunday, but the leaves are taking their sweet time changing, and that's what we really wanted to go up there for.. check out the autumnness of autumn...

Sorry to hear about what's going on with you.. Nothing wrong with a stock bike.. quite frankly once my ears start ringing for hours on end, i reminisce about the low-harley rumble of the stock exhaust and say to myself "This wouldn't cause me a headache..".. I say that, and naturally i'm taking my BSS:Black's off this winter for a louder exhaust (not intentionally louder, just the one i have ready for ceramic coating is louder than the BSS's).. though i need to get some baffles for the new exhaust, so i'm debating between the BCT Monsters or the QQ's..not quite sure though, and listening to youtube videos only offers "so much" insight before the camera can't pick up the sound anymore.

Oh, so a friend of mine also found this little black kitten in her back yard that I took in.. haven't had a cat in a few years, and i like cats just fine, so i was like "heck with it..ill take it".. Not the point though. I haven't named it yet. So when I called the Vet to schedule an initial appointment, the woman goes "What's the kittens name?" and i go "Shoot, I don't know..I've just been calling it 'Here Kitty Kitty'.. " and she goes "Okay, well bring Here Kitty Kitty in on friday at 9:10am"..haha

Old 10-14-2011, 08:16 AM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been fat and lazy and haven't got on here or on the Lo in ages. I think i've rode it twice since Sturgis and that was beginning of August.

You should just save your money and do the 107 kit from Fuel Moto anyways. With the new Lo's having the 103 that's what I would do if I could go back to last year when I did everything to mine.

And don't be bringing us military home owers down with your no rent/buying talk haha! I just bought a house a few months ago and when I go to PCS I'll be disappointed if I can't sell. That should be a few years down the road so I'm not worried right now though. Safe travels brother!

Old 10-14-2011, 09:07 AM
Matt990724
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
Oh, so a friend of mine also found this little black kitten in her back yard that I took in.. haven't had a cat in a few years, and i like cats just fine, so i was like "heck with it..ill take it".. Not the point though. I haven't named it yet. So when I called the Vet to schedule an initial appointment, the woman goes "What's the kittens name?" and i go "Shoot, I don't know..I've just been calling it 'Here Kitty Kitty'.. " and she goes "Okay, well bring Here Kitty Kitty in on friday at 9:10am"..haha
Name it Lola!

Old 10-14-2011, 09:13 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Matt990724
Name it Lola!
Nahh that's the bike's name.. someone suggested Harley, but I don't want the name "Harley" associated with a *****-cat. I'll name it "Stop pissing on me and use the litter box, damnit."

Old 10-14-2011, 09:13 AM
Miked053
Supporter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Betty!

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners