Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 10:45 PM
Toonz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TNB
I pretty much agree with your reasoning. That's why I have both the detachable winshield and a full-face helmet as well. Both have really helped in a sandstorm and high winds. I could have probably used the full-face the last time I got caught in a down pour as well. Music also seems easier to hear in the full-face. Of course, less wind noise too. Meanwhile, I've passed others who looked very miserable on the way to a run. When I arrived at my destination, I switched out helmets and removed most of the detachables. I still have the "bank robber" looking face mask if I want to use it with a half-helmet. I just toss it in a jacket in case I want to use it later on (if and when I take a jacket).
Exactly. Windshield comes off and the bike is back to looking mean. I was wishing I had a full-face yesterday when it rained on me for over 5 hours coming back to TX from KS. The windshield helped but the full-face would have helped a lot more. I tried stopping at Fort Thunder HD in OKC but they were closed... oh well, made it home safe and learned a few good lessons along the way.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:37 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Lone wolf lo 10
Ok!?? Maybe I missed something, what the hell is that?!?! What's up with the flipper
Haha to hold the wires in place and sauder against.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Miked053
Supporter

step one done... ordered my cables, bushings, and wiring kit from Dr. V-Twin for the bars. Now, let see if Carlini has a set of blemished flying apes that I can get powdercoated.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:45 PM
Lawleywood
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Miked053
step one done... ordered my cables, bushings, and wiring kit from Dr. V-Twin for the bars. Now, let see if Carlini has a set of blemished flying apes that I can get powdercoated.
As a Carlini guy myself, if you cannot get a blem bar, the reg price bars are worth every penny. I have never seen so many people that know the Carlini name when I am out riding around. Every time I roll up to an HD dealership someone always asks if they are Carlinis and how good they look. I always look for the best deals on everything I buy, but my bars were the one thing that I spared no expense on.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:50 PM
Miked053
Supporter

Law, what heigth are your bars? they look to be 16's?

Old 10-11-2011, 02:14 PM
Lawleywood
Tourer

Law, what heigth are your bars? they look to be 16's?
They are the 18" Gangster Apes. I went with the Magnum Shielding black pearl cables and went +12 on all lengths. I did my own wiring extensions and I believe I only had to extend all the wires by 6.5 inches if I remember correctly, could have been 8.5.

Old 10-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Miked...Thanx for making revisit the Carlini site

It's been awhile...now that I am fine tuning my game plan, these highway bars look perfect for meh cruiser look. Beach bars had to much wrap for my tastes...and feedback from Jim sort of confirms that beach won't be for me.

But I am sure digging these....

O also really like the street bars..but the reach will be the same w/ arm locks. A few inches wider and in...which is the same for the torso as the stocks. Why the highways make more sense for what I need.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:34 AM
Miked053
Supporter

WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Mike from Carlini called me yesterday right before they closed yesterday and he said that one of the warehouse guys found a set of the exact bars I wanted with scratch in the chrome so they sold it to me as a blemished. The shipping costs seems a little rediculas but right now I could care less. Now I just have to get everything that got ordered and send the bars to be powder coated and then its install time :-D

Old 10-12-2011, 08:05 AM
Lawleywood
Tourer

WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Mike from Carlini called me yesterday right before they closed yesterday and he said that one of the warehouse guys found a set of the exact bars I wanted with scratch in the chrome so they sold it to me as a blemished. The shipping costs seems a little rediculas but right now I could care less. Now I just have to get everything that got ordered and send the bars to be powder coated and then its install time :-D
I paid 35 to have my Carlinis shipped. Mine came in an oversize box which I am sure amounted to most of the shipping plus they come packaged really well to keep from being damaged. It is worth it in my opinion.

Old 10-12-2011, 08:14 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior

LOL I am keeping an eye on you 2:P

You guys have saved me a bit of time so far on some searches. Cool watching your evolutions at the same time.

Gratz on the Carlini btw!

Cheers.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners