Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 09:56 PM
TNB
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
Where did everybody go?
For me, it's been Las Vegas Bike Fest = Wet T-Shirt Contests, Bands, Charity Bike Runs, Parties, and Goodies. There's actually another party going on now.

(Nice chatting with you JD).

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-hd-bf-prcf-100211-28credwmsrgb.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-hd-bf-prcf-100211-30redwmsrgb.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-hd-bf-prcf-100211-66credwmsrgb.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-hd-bf-prcf-100211-69credwmsrgb.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-hd-bf-prcf-100211-78redwmsrgb.jpg  

Last edited by TNB; 10-02-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:48 AM
pafc64
Intermediate

Hey Everyone
Well Ive not long ago finished reading every post in this thread & clicked on every link & copied all the great info Ill think I need to do the mods to My Lo.
Mind you Ive forgotten half already as this thread is getting bigger than Ben Hur.
One thing I couldnt find though is what exactly does the Dealer need to do to the ABS after I replace the brake lines when I install new bars?
Its just that the closest dealer to Me is 450kms away & I dont want to ride that distance with no front brakes & getting them to change the bars is not an option as they want $1800.00 (Aussie) to fit Street Slammers to My Lo.
Has anybody fitted the 2012 Fatboy bars to their 2011 & if so do you need to change the brake lines?
Im really just getting a list together now as the weathers getting too damn nice to be pulling it off the road Ill wait until winter now before I do much.

Rick

Old 10-03-2011, 07:55 AM
Wabbit
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, finally going to add my bike to this thread.

My mods include Street Slammer bars, diamond braid cables, Kuryakn Isogrips, Hogpro Indy Blackmagic wheels, Kuryakn laydown plate bracket, Kuryakn Pancea low profile tail light, Vance & Hines Big Shots staggered pipes with the quiet baffles and Smartpartz baffles, Performance Machines air cleaner, freight train headlight assembly and the lacked out LED headlight.

I have a bit more work to do, the biggest difference will be replacement fenders, but this is pretty close.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-bike-r.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-bike-l.jpg  

Last edited by Wabbit; 10-03-2011 at 12:09 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:21 AM
Lawleywood
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Josewales
Yes under struts but with a caliper, havent popped it off yet to make sure....damn must be my 'Canadian' measuring tape haha.

I actually phoned RWD and regular 9" wont work with the struts and 9.5" is need for the Lo's...I didn't ask if the fender snugg will bring it in an 1/8 or not.

Edit...

I went back out to the garage...and Lawley u maybe right. Underneath the strut nuts, I am now getting a generous 9"3/8 lol:P Good eye!!!...I believe 9.25 will work just fine. 1/16 difference on each side wont need spacers or look different.
I hope it works out with the one you ordered, I measured the one I got and it was 9.25 as well and it fits perfectly between the struts with no spacers or anything. Just want to make sure you did not get duped into buying something that won't work. With the economy the way it is, it would not surprise me if they just said yes to make a sale. However, with as much adjustment you can make to those struts I can not see why it would not work out. Can't wait to see it on your bike!!

Old 10-03-2011, 11:23 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by pafc64
Hey Everyone
Well Ive not long ago finished reading every post in this thread & clicked on every link & copied all the great info Ill think I need to do the mods to My Lo.
Mind you Ive forgotten half already as this thread is getting bigger than Ben Hur.
One thing I couldnt find though is what exactly does the Dealer need to do to the ABS after I replace the brake lines when I install new bars?
Its just that the closest dealer to Me is 450kms away & I dont want to ride that distance with no front brakes & getting them to change the bars is not an option as they want $1800.00 (Aussie) to fit Street Slammers to My Lo.
Has anybody fitted the 2012 Fatboy bars to their 2011 & if so do you need to change the brake lines?
Im really just getting a list together now as the weathers getting too damn nice to be pulling it off the road Ill wait until winter now before I do much.

Rick
I just switched my 2011 bars to the 2012 bars. I have ABS and had to change the upper brake line. I had the dealer put the new line on and bleed and reset the ABS. Then I took it home and did the bars.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:45 AM
Fierofly
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Misbehaven, Need some pictures of them new bars. I put some standard Fat Boy Bars on mine. Had to ride 10 miles without making a sharp left turn to the dealer to get a new ABS upper line (34") installed ($125).

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-dscn1411.jpg

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-dscn1413.jpg

Old 10-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanx Lawley.

My chop man said no worries...if he has to modify the struts a 1/8 or cheat the fender...it's easy. Since he gets the bike anyways to match fender tails and fitting. it only be a few extra bucks. Struts will get PC'd anyways by next spring. This week I will make sure 9.25 outer fit is ordered.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:11 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Wow! I haven't been on here in forever! I like to see all the new guys joining in! Especially the ones with the silver

Well, I am deployed, again. Which is kinda funny since I just got back from my last one in late January and picked up my bike. Oh well, more time for me to save up for mods!

All of your sleds are looking sick! I am starting to pick up some new ideas again from you guys. Hopefully by this spring, my bike will have dramatically changed from the way it is now... I'm thinkin of giving it the WHOLE "old school" look, if that lets anything into your imagination.

This may, or may not, include spoked wheels, a springer front end, dual black pipes with fishtails and some seriously old school looking, giant leather saddlebags...

Last edited by CaptainMorgan_SOS; 10-03-2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So while installing my passing light kit this weekend, I noticed a small rock chip on the fork slip. The black matte paint I found out was just bombed over chrome with hardly any stick to it....finger nail can eisly disturb it. WTF...cheesy imo. Rather rip their matte parts off and PC it myself.

My first biatch comment about the LO.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Lawleywood
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Josewales
So while installing my passing light kit this weekend, I noticed a small rock chip on the fork slip. The black matte paint I found out was just bombed over chrome with hardly any stick to it....finger nail can eisly disturb it. WTF...cheesy imo. Rather rip their matte parts off and PC it myself.

My first biatch comment about the LO.
The bike is gonna get chips here and there if you ride it. If you don't want it to get dirty don't ride it!! lmao I am just messing with ya. That's how the ceramic coating on my first set of Samson pipes were! I was not pleased at all. But my thought is it ain't gonna look pretty forever lol

If you are gonna take it apart that far, you might as well get the fork tubes PC'ed as well.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners