Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 11:55 AM
82fat
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys,

I bought a used Lo a few months back and am now looking to add either a SE or RSD air cleaner. My question is, can I just bolt the new A/C on or do I require an ECM calibration? The bike is not stage one but does have Vance and Hines big radius exhaust, would the ECM cal have been done at the time the exhaust was installed?

Thanks

Old 10-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 82fat
Hey Guys,

I bought a used Lo a few months back and am now looking to add either a SE or RSD air cleaner. My question is, can I just bolt the new A/C on or do I require an ECM calibration? The bike is not stage one but does have Vance and Hines big radius exhaust, would the ECM cal have been done at the time the exhaust was installed?

Thanks
Yes, if you replace the air intake, you'll need to recalibrate the ECM, or buy a fuel tuner like a Power Commander/Fuelpak/etc..

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
Dr. V-twin. Can you post some pictures of the ultra cool installed on your bike? I was also wondering if it's compatible with the engine guard I'm going to be putting on my bike.

he's not a Lo owner, you'll have to search for him on these threads..either with the user name Dr. VTwin (i think), or his personal name "anubiss" i think it is..

I just want to say how awesome the Lo's are..I just went for a ride today with 9 other guys on various bikes (2011 Wide Glide, 2001 Electra Glide, 2001 FatBoy FI, a 2004 FatBoy, a Deluxe, and a few more).. when we all met up at our starting point, these guys couldn't stop looking at my bike and just kept saying "Dude this thing is sweet".. then when we got to this pig roast, I kept seeing people stopping to look at my bike and pointing at different things and just checking it out.. just made me feel good about it that it stops people and turns heads.. now if only it was winter already so that I could do my next set of mods, i'll be content..

Old 10-02-2011, 04:21 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Erick118
I just wired mine. It is really easy. That lead that you mentioned is the wire for the Aux lights. Plug it right into your switch and you are done.
I would like to know if that plug also controls the front signal lights. As I was going to relocate mine and found that they were hard wired into the hand controls on the 2011's. I don't want aux lights I just want my signals relocated to my forks. Any Ideas?????

Old 10-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Lawleywood
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well I am back from vacation, unfortunately the painter was waiting to hear back from me cuz the fenders needed some more work than we had originally agreed upon. So they will not be done till later this week.

As for the size of the rear fender on the fatboy lo fender, I am almost certain it is 9.25". That is what I measured when I had mine off and thats what I was told from other fender makers.

Old 10-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
Yes, if you replace the air intake, you'll need to recalibrate the ECM, or buy a fuel tuner like a Power Commander/Fuelpak/etc..

he's not a Lo owner, you'll have to search for him on these threads..either with the user name Dr. VTwin (i think), or his personal name "anubiss" i think it is..

I just want to say how awesome the Lo's are..I just went for a ride today with 9 other guys on various bikes (2011 Wide Glide, 2001 Electra Glide, 2001 FatBoy FI, a 2004 FatBoy, a Deluxe, and a few more).. when we all met up at our starting point, these guys couldn't stop looking at my bike and just kept saying "Dude this thing is sweet".. then when we got to this pig roast, I kept seeing people stopping to look at my bike and pointing at different things and just checking it out.. just made me feel good about it that it stops people and turns heads.. now if only it was winter already so that I could do my next set of mods, i'll be content..
Ya man..every time I pull up beside another rider...usually 'nice bike'!!!

Also...Welcome back Lawley.

And for my passing light kit...all is good, the female connector behind the fork panel is what to connect with. Just needed a male connector that wasnt with the kit.

Annnnnd...cougars keep winking at the bike (once again today getting gas)..but not me unless they r looking at something else....damn Lo's:P

Cheers.

Old 10-02-2011, 06:36 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Lawleywood
Well I am back from vacation, unfortunately the painter was waiting to hear back from me cuz the fenders needed some more work than we had originally agreed upon. So they will not be done till later this week.

As for the size of the rear fender on the fatboy lo fender, I am almost certain it is 9.25". That is what I measured when I had mine off and thats what I was told from other fender makers.

Lawley bud, 9.5" on mine outer edges. 9.25" once u get past the struts to tail.

Old 10-02-2011, 06:38 PM
Lawleywood
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Josewales
Lawley bud, 9.5" on mine outer edges. 9.25" once u get past the struts to tail.
Where exactly are you measuring from? I measured directly under where the struts would be while the fender was off and its 9.25 on mine.

Old 10-02-2011, 06:42 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
I would like to know if that plug also controls the front signal lights. As I was going to relocate mine and found that they were hard wired into the hand controls on the 2011's. I don't want aux lights I just want my signals relocated to my forks. Any Ideas?????
Different feed I believe due to shutting off during high beam function..and I am curious also. Since I havent bought my signal bullets kit yet...still looking into if I can adapt from old style signals that my passing lamp kit is designed for. One's male and other female set up.

Old 10-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Lawleywood
Where exactly are you measuring from? I measured directly under where the struts would be while the fender was off and its 9.25 on mine.
Yes under struts but with a caliper, havent popped it off yet to make sure....damn must be my 'Canadian' measuring tape haha.

I actually phoned RWD and regular 9" wont work with the struts and 9.5" is need for the Lo's...I didn't ask if the fender snugg will bring it in an 1/8 or not.

Edit...

I went back out to the garage...and Lawley u maybe right. Underneath the strut nuts, I am now getting a generous 9"3/8 lol:P Good eye!!!...I believe 9.25 will work just fine. 1/16 difference on each side wont need spacers or look different.

Last edited by Josewales; 10-02-2011 at 07:15 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:52 PM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sup fellas...been awhile since I've been on. Lots of new guys on here. Anyways, I got a gloss black engine guard I'm trying to sell. Still wrapped in plastic and has mounting hardware. Never been installed. I'm selling locally but with Sturgis in the rear view its hard to sell here. PM is probably the best way to talk about it. If no interest from the Lo guys then I'll put in for sale section.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners