Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 10:35 AM
Firemed509
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corbin seat

I put on a Corbin classic solo with tour pillion. I will post some pics after my ride today.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:14 PM
Firemed509
Tourer
Default Cobin on my Lo

Here are a few pics of my Lo with my new Clasic Solo and tour pillion.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-photo-1.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-photo-2.jpg  
Old 09-30-2011, 09:03 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Firemed509
Here are a few pics of my Lo with my new Clasic Solo and tour pillion.
Good looking seats.

Old 10-01-2011, 10:58 AM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where did everybody go? There hasn't been a lot of traffic here lately. Well I've got a question about oil coolers. I'd like to hear about the experiences of anybody who has one. I'll be moving to the panhandle of Florida when I get back from Afghanistan and I'm concerned about the summer heat. I'm looking at getting the HD one, which if I get it from Zanotti's is about the same price as a lot of others I've seen and a lot cheaper then one like the oil bud. I guess I'm mostly concerned with how well they work and any problems associated. Of course I'll be using synthetic oil to also help with the heat.

Old 10-01-2011, 10:16 PM
t8ntstabber
Stage IV

Dave

those pipes can be hung on a wall as art! they look mean...

Old 10-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
Where did everybody go? There hasn't been a lot of traffic here lately. Well I've got a question about oil coolers. I'd like to hear about the experiences of anybody who has one. I'll be moving to the panhandle of Florida when I get back from Afghanistan and I'm concerned about the summer heat. I'm looking at getting the HD one, which if I get it from Zanotti's is about the same price as a lot of others I've seen and a lot cheaper then one like the oil bud. I guess I'm mostly concerned with how well they work and any problems associated. Of course I'll be using synthetic oil to also help with the heat.
I haven't run one on my 96".. but my dad ran the HD one on his Nighttrain with a 95" kit on it..it actually made the oil run hotter by a few degrees than without it. that was a few years ago.. if you ask Drew (Dr. V-Twin), i'm pretty sure he swears by (i think it's) the Ultra Cool cooler.. idk any more than that though.

Old 10-02-2011, 06:26 AM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dr. V-twin. Can you post some pictures of the ultra cool installed on your bike? I was also wondering if it's compatible with the engine guard I'm going to be putting on my bike.

Old 10-02-2011, 07:53 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Woohooo passing light kit and engine guard are now on (first round of eye candy)...well sort of. Damn 'instructions', doesnt really explain how to tie into existing headlight system. I assume directly behind the fork cover where there is a vacant female with the wire heading in....need to hit home depot to get the connector and hopefully that is right.

But looking groovy...starting to look like a 'bad copper' now

Next on the list, ordering a 9.5" metal rear fender that drops a couple inches below axle and looks more beefy than stock....and yes I finally found one...special order for the same price to their other sizes. Good thing I called Then off to the chop man and match the heritage front.... and maybe strech a couple more inches...depending what it looks like at initial fit.

I LOVE THE LO!!!!

O also...the girlfriend walked into the garage last night while piecing. She asked 'what's wrong with they way it looked before?'. I said to her she will never understand...plus don't worry we are still going to Cancun this winter:P

Last edited by Josewales; 10-02-2011 at 08:00 AM.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:14 AM
Erick118
Novice

Originally Posted by Josewales
Woohooo passing light kit and engine guard are now on (first round of eye candy)...well sort of. Damn 'instructions', doesnt really explain how to tie into existing headlight system. I assume directly behind the fork cover where there is a vacant female with the wire heading in....need to hit home depot to get the connector and hopefully that is right.

But looking groovy...starting to look like a 'bad copper' now

Next on the list, ordering a 9.5" metal rear fender that drops a couple inches below axle and looks more beefy than stock....and yes I finally found one...special order for the same price to their other sizes. Good thing I called Then off to the chop man and match the heritage front.... and maybe strech a couple more inches...depending what it looks like at initial fit.

I LOVE THE LO!!!!

O also...the girlfriend walked into the garage last night while piecing. She asked 'what's wrong with they way it looked before?'. I said to her she will never understand...plus don't worry we are still going to Cancun this winter:P
I just wired mine. It is really easy. That lead that you mentioned is the wire for the Aux lights. Plug it right into your switch and you are done.

Last edited by Erick118; 10-02-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:24 AM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
the oil cooler all comes down to the kind of riding you do, wether you will like how it works or not. Some strongly believe in them that ride in congested traffic etc... I personally don't worry about it! But I ride open roads also. JMO

As far as synthetic goes, that's what I run in all my bikes and I have never had any issues. I love the stuff!

Last edited by JIMSFBL; 10-02-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners