Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 07:20 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can drop it as far as you want until you start bottoming out on speed bumps, or until the suspension you have can't take it anymore.. you can change out the bolt in the stock shocks to lower it the cheap way, or use some 422's like i'm going to do and drop it 1" (though they go up to 2" drop)..change the springs in the front forks to lower the front.. you can do it. I believe in you, Peter.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:23 PM
Willie D
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink Lowering the softtail

Originally Posted by Josewales
^^. @@ The Slams! Damn I luv this thread...always something new to note and compare. Looks awesome. Btw I asked when I bought my Lo last winter how much mroe it can drop...they said only half an inch. How ya do that?

I used a kit from http://www.softailloweringkit.com/ and, It was quite simple to install and you DO NOT have to remove the shocks to do it... Check out their video!

Good luck.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:35 PM
Glockcubed
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Willie D

Great looking bike. I am thinking about special order from H-D.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:26 PM
Toonz
Cruiser
Default 2011 Fat Boy Lo

I've been lurking for a few months and decided it was time to post and say hi. I finally went out today and got a few decent shots of my Lo so what better way to start things off.

I've been a gearhead for a while now with my share of toys but this is my first bike. I was originally set on buying a V-Rod Muscle but as soon as I took this one out for a spin I knew it was right for me. I've got a long wish list of parts that will get added soon enough and I'll try to keep pictures updated as it happens.

Old 09-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Zombiequest
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Toonz
I've been lurking for a few months and decided it was time to post and say hi. I finally went out today and got a few decent shots of my Lo so what better way to start things off.
Very nice quality... what "Camera" are you using? I just picked up a Canon EOS 60D last week for the sole purpose of getting some shots from/with the Lo. My i-touch camera just wasn't doing it

Old 09-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Zombiequest
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
When my wallet starts weighing my trousers down again (yes, I said trousers. I like the word Trousers, I also enjoy the word 'Queue').
Hey, you coulda used the word 'trunks'.

Old 09-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I could have used the word trunks..but my trunks are my swim wear, and it's autumn now, so no more swimwear.. come to think of it, i'm not sure I went to the beach once this year..

Old 09-26-2011, 08:20 PM
Toonz
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Zombiequest
Very nice quality... what "Camera" are you using? I just picked up a Canon EOS 60D last week for the sole purpose of getting some shots from/with the Lo. My i-touch camera just wasn't doing it
Thanks. This was shot with the first generation Canon Digital Rebel (6MP version). I've thought of upgrading several times but this camera still does everything I need it too so I keep using it.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:24 PM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I photochopped. Doesn't look to bad when the heritage fender gets chopped and tailed. Sumax has lil to much tail for me (maybe chopped)...but least I got a sense both's potential.

Name:  Sumax-Heirtage.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  77.4 KB

Old 09-27-2011, 06:48 AM
2012Fatso
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Willie D
Been reading thru the last few post, and really like what Ya'll are doing with the new LO's.
I just recently lowered my 2010 about 1" and for now I think I'm done ?

Cold a rain here in 49009 today, glad there was football, nascar, and Red Wing Hockey.

Keep on keepin' on !

http://
Your bike looks killer! How do you that bassani exhaust? Do you have the loud baffle or no?

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners