Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 10:01 AM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dozer8356
Im new as it gets to the forum and havent done much to my lo yet. Just changed out the bars, lights, and fuel caps. Bought Bassani firesweeps and a power commander but had to go back to afghanistan before i could get them installed. Basically wanted to say hi and check out everyone's rides. They all look awesome.
Welcome and go make us proud bro! Thanks for for your service and when you get back put all those mods on your bike and post up some pics.

Old 09-24-2011, 10:18 AM
Dozer8356
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
Welcome and go make us proud bro! Thanks for for your service and when you get back put all those mods on your bike and post up some pics.
Thanks man, looks like im on my last 73 hours in this country. Ill get pics up as soon as I figure out how. Got a billion ideas for my scoot. I am stoked!

Old 09-24-2011, 11:22 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Miked053
beasley which fender is that and can you take a pic of the full bike with that fender so we can get an overall feel?
Here ya go:

Old 09-25-2011, 08:41 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Heritage fender ^^.

Awesome! Get to see a Lo (Beasley's) with the fender and passing lights.

I want it!.

Beasley..those signal bullets from the bars? If so what did you use to adapt male to female for it?

Last edited by Josewales; 09-25-2011 at 08:43 AM.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:21 AM
beasleyiv
Road Master

Originally Posted by Josewales
Heritage fender ^^.

Awesome! Get to see a Lo (Beasley's) with the fender and passing lights.

I want it!.

Beasley..those signal bullets from the bars? If so what did you use to adapt male to female for it?
Thanks. Those signals are 69079-04a, bullet turn signal relocate kit. I had them PC'd. They bolt right up to the standard light bar. Of course, the deluxe bar kit comes with them...

I also put in DBI 2" under fork tubes to lower the front after lowering the rear. Gonna have to remove the harleygoodies board extensions, I scrape around almost every corner.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:27 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by beasleyiv
Thanks. Those signals are 69079-04a, bullet turn signal relocate kit. I had them PC'd. They bolt right up to the standard light bar. Of course, the deluxe bar kit comes with them...

I also put in DBI 2" under fork tubes to lower the front after lowering the rear. Gonna have to remove the harleygoodies board extensions, I scrape around almost every corner.
I got the black set in order to minimize my PC...and send all parts in at once for the 'tricky' denim paint match. That said, the black set doesnt come with a bullet signal kit. Guys at the shop told me it shouldnt be hard 'McGivering' the bar bullets onto the kit. Tis why i asked bud.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:28 AM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

yea that is a great fender idea

Old 09-25-2011, 09:32 AM
beasleyiv
Road Master

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
yea that is a great fender idea
You are the originator

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:34 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Ok I will try here...

I saw this and curious if this is what I am looking for for to match the heritage fender. FMB offers it in both 8.5 and 9" for $179...I assume one has to fit the 200 FB tire. Also it appears to have enough drop down height to complete the look also. I sent them an email asking which one fits and example pics w/ a heritage front fender.

Anything better out there...or will this do? JIMSFBL, since you are chopping one now

http://fmbchopperparts.com/wide-fl-s...oy-p-2406.html

Also found this 9" for $229..

Heavy gage one piece fender for softails 1986 & latter and custom applications. Fender adds that old FL and heritage look. Undrilled for custom mounting to your specs. 41" long and 32" end to end.
http://cycleshackparts.com/fenders.html

Last edited by Josewales; 09-25-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:42 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When my wallet starts weighing my trousers down again (yes, I said trousers. I like the word Trousers, I also enjoy the word 'Queue'), sometime down the road, after I build up my engine, i thought about getting the heartland 2-5-0 swingarm, but taking the stock fender and widening it, keeping the flare at the bottom and such, and the same length around, to get that extra wider tire look, along with the softail flare. and i should be able to keep the BAL taillight as well. Though, that will be a long ways down the road.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners