Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 06:15 AM
Miked053
Supporter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What fender options do we have that once i upgrade to the hard bags that will make everything flush? Hetitage, Deluxe, aftermarker? I would prefer a steal fender due to having a passenger but an just wanting ideas.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:32 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Miked053
What fender options do we have that once i upgrade to the hard bags that will make everything flush? Hetitage, Deluxe, aftermarker? I would prefer a steal fender due to having a passenger but an just wanting ideas.
I like his Sumax fenders, but my understanding they aren't metal. I also am curious on what's out there for metal. JIm's bike look still looks awesome with stock rear /w heritage style front...but using his bike as a template, I think a longer or beefier back would look great also...plus gives license to hard bags.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:47 AM
Miked053
Supporter

I would love to have the cycle visions eliminator and an extended fatboy rear fender with the licence plate 3 holes filled to make it clean but would settle for a deluxe set up too. But alas, I think that the deluxe fender would not fit the 200 tire. Where is the lottery when you need one. Add in the heritage front fender and I would def have a Frankstein but it would look soooo beafy and mean.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:51 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Miked053
But alas, I think that the deluxe fender would not fit the 200 tire.
Good question. Someone confirm?

Btw looks like a few of us will need 'Deluxe Lo' chrome badges when the bikes are said and done:P

Old 09-23-2011, 07:27 AM
pafc64
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
Hey Rick, welcome to the thread, sorry about your wallet.

I'm a little bit confused about your post.. Do you want to just change the football cover to something else? Or do you want to put a new air cleaner setup on to your bike? (i.e. new cover, new filter, new mounting bracket..basically a stage I).. as far as I know, most of what Harley and other places offer require you to change the mounting bracket as well, which basically means going Stage I. That being said, to answer your other question, now you're changing the amount of air coming in to the engine, so yes you're going to need to be retuned but not by much if you're not changing the exhaust.. as for who ships down under, that i dont know off the top of my head.. hope this helps out a bit.
Hi Sgt_Jim
Sorry for the confusion I want to change over the whole AC to a complete new one & after a bit of searching now Im leaning towards the Roland Sands line which one yet Im not sure.
Thanks for the info it all makes more sense now & after researching Stage 1 Ive got a better idea of what I need now.
I wont be changing My pipes though I kinda like the Screaming Eagles slip ons & anything louder will only attract the law who are pretty hot on Harleys & noise.

Rick

Old 09-23-2011, 08:25 AM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Josewales
I like his Sumax fenders, but my understanding they aren't metal. I also am curious on what's out there for metal. JIm's bike look still looks awesome with stock rear /w heritage style front...but using his bike as a template, I think a longer or beefier back would look great also...plus gives license to hard bags.
You mean like the one I'm building?
Name:  photo3.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  269.6 KB

(BELOW) This is a photoshop that member bobberevo88 did for me months ago. The rear fender will be this long, but it will have more shape to it (keep in mind that is only a quick mock up). Since I'm modding my bagger right now, I won't get back to welding on it until this winter, but I'll have it complete and on by this spring.
Name:  SICK.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  173.7 KB

Last edited by JIMSFBL; 09-23-2011 at 08:33 AM.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:28 AM
Lawleywood
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Josewales
The new front fender is steel and it is from KC International, 69 plus shipping. The rear one is composite from Sumax. I have done substantial research on the rear fender, there aren't any out there in steel that are made specifically for the softail. The Sumax fender is legit, its literally a replica of the Fatboy fender till the very back where it is obviously extended and flared a bit.

The heritage rear fender will not fit the lo, the heritage is still not a 200mm rear.

Oh for those that are worried about strength of the fender while riding a passenger, this is taken from the Sumax website..... "The top of the rear fenders have been structrually tested to withstand 28,000 PSI, that is stronger than your OEM steel fender." The top of these fenders are about 3/8's of an inch or so thick. It is more than double the thickness of the factory fender yet it weighs about the same. Just some info for ya.

Here are the only 2 pics I snapped with the bags off, I will remember to take some pics after it is painted, before I put the bags on.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0012.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0013.jpg  
Old 09-23-2011, 10:09 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Both fenders look great! Meh prefer Lawley's look....and good to know now about the heritage rear.

Old 09-23-2011, 10:17 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior

Oops double post.

Last edited by Josewales; 09-23-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:33 AM
Lawleywood
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Included in my Lo bagger plan was a dual exhaust. I was gonna go with the black duals from Samson, but with the side profile and the almost old school look of the bike, I decided that I am gonna do the duals with Fishtails. From the side profile shot, what is everyones opinion on pipe color, chrome or black?

It may be easier to decide when the fenders are actually painted and on the bike.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0022.jpg  

Last edited by Lawleywood; 09-23-2011 at 10:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners