Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 11:27 AM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Miked053
beasley which fender is that and can you take a pic of the full bike with that fender so we can get an overall feel?
Just a shaved down Heritage fender from ebay. I'm gonna try and ride today, so I'll get an outside pic done if I remember.

Old 09-22-2011, 12:53 PM
Lawleywood
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by beasleyiv
Just a shaved down Heritage fender from ebay. I'm gonna try and ride today, so I'll get an outside pic done if I remember.
Looks good beasley,

Is it from KC international? That's where mine is coming from. It will be here today! Then both fenders are off to paint!

Old 09-22-2011, 12:55 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master

Originally Posted by Lawleywood
Looks good beasley,

Is it from KC international? That's where mine is coming from. It will be here today! Then both fenders are off to paint!
This is what I bought http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQ...KQ3aMEWNXQ3aIT

Old 09-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by beasleyiv
Got done with my fender a couple days ago... (crappy pic)
Did you do the paint yourself if so what paint did you use and how good is the match to the other denim black? I have a shaved completely smooth Heritage fender I want to do.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:04 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
Did you do the paint yourself if so what paint did you use and how good is the match to the other denim black? I have a shaved completely smooth Heritage fender I want to do.
Yeah, sanded it down to remove the grind marks, primed and sanded several times then painted it with John Deere Blitz Black. The color and flatness match great, but it isn't as smooth as the factory. So I'll be working with it over the winter. I might spring for a can of the Denim black and shoot it with that after a sanding to see if it comes out any smoother.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:06 PM
1st Harleydude_2011
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks JIMSFBL, after looking at all these cool Lo's it was beginning to be mind numbing. All these kick butt lo's would break a man for sure. I truly love coming to this thread just to look at all the cool rides. You guys truly know your s*** when it comes to motorcycles, and whats even cooler is the fact that no one on here has attitude about giving up ideas and hearing what the other guy has to say about these rides. Glad I joined the Harley family and look forward to years of riding mine.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:47 PM
Pot Bellied Stick Figure
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Josewales
Also curious if your bags interfere with the passenger pegs (I assume so by your pic) and still allowed to throw a detachable sissy bar with it.
I don't think he ever answered your question on the passenger pegs. The bags do not interfere at all. I'm sure a detachable sissy bar would work because as you can see from my signature pic I can fit a full tour pack on mine.

Old 09-22-2011, 02:08 PM
1st Harleydude_2011
2nd Gear

To all the Fatboy Lo owners on this thread you guys have some really cool sleds. Being new to the Harley family I only heard of the closeness Harley riders have, no matter the skin color or nationality. It does my heart good to see that. Guys on here willing to help guys out financially to keep their wheels, to just giving damn good solid advice on customizing. So you all of you guys keeping both wheels on the ground, you guys make what I do over here in the "Stan" worth doing. God Bless you guys and stay safe.

Old 09-22-2011, 02:18 PM
Lawleywood
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Pot Bellied Stick Figure
I don't think he ever answered your question on the passenger pegs. The bags do not interfere at all. I'm sure a detachable sissy bar would work because as you can see from my signature pic I can fit a full tour pack on mine.
Definitely does not interfere with the pegs, my wife rides all the time. You can still use a detachable sissy bar as well. I have the bobber style sissy bar from Harley and it still works. It is a little snug the first couple of times putting it on and taking it off, but no big deal IMO.

Old 09-22-2011, 02:19 PM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 96 Posts
Smile 2010 gloss black fatboy lo

i finally got all the harley dark custom pieces derby cover . timing cover. gas cap stick on emblem. new for this the dark custom air cleaner insert, looks preety good. when it stops raining i will get some pictures up.... one good thing harley does not over kill the dark custom products good thing i save money lol ride safe

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners