Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 08:02 AM
BigRedFan74
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just traded in my 2010 Lo yesterday (got a good deal) and picked up my 2012 Lo. Vivid black with some xtras. Man that thing has some pep. Just looking forward to geting the Thunder Headers! They are on back order due to Harley redesigning the O2 sensor placements. Will be posting pics soon.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:05 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I keep thinking to myself... "Is it Winter yet?" So I can take the second exhaust system I have and get it blacked, as well as take the other parts off the bike that I want to do black so I can do them all at once..

The two thing's im wondering about doing, and I'm not sold on either, are the console to black, and the Kuryakyn laydown plate frame. I know they make a black one now, but i'd rather pay $12 to have my PC'd black than $80 or whatever for a new black one.. I'm not sold on either because their individual placement adds contrast to where they are.. the chrome frame on the black fender, and the silver console on the black tank.. yeah.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:57 AM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
I keep thinking to myself... "Is it Winter yet?" So I can take the second exhaust system I have and get it blacked, as well as take the other parts off the bike that I want to do black so I can do them all at once..

The two thing's im wondering about doing, and I'm not sold on either, are the console to black, and the Kuryakyn laydown plate frame. I know they make a black one now, but i'd rather pay $12 to have my PC'd black than $80 or whatever for a new black one.. I'm not sold on either because their individual placement adds contrast to where they are.. the chrome frame on the black fender, and the silver console on the black tank.. yeah.
Contrast is very important for the lo to be appealing. The key is just the right amount, whereas to much makes it tacky and to little makes it dull. I take lots of pictures from lots of different angles and study and stare at them for that very reason (obsessive I know).

I have eliminated most all chrome parts by giving them a brushed aluminium look with a fine sand paper. Took lots of time and the key here is to go in same direction while sanding the shine off. Also I painted those ugly frame bolts black, like the big one that connects the swingarms, strut bolts etc...

I also thought of eliminating the gloss black struts etc..., but I have decided to keep them because the way it's laid out it flows with the scheme.

You seem to have a good eye for what makes your sled pop, keep it up brotha!

Old 09-07-2011, 10:17 AM
BigRedFan74
Novice

I have a question about swingarm bags. Can you mount it with half moon passenger floorboards? What i have mostly seen is bikes with solo seats that have them. I dont want to keep putting it on when solo

Old 09-07-2011, 10:31 AM
Chris5432
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BigRedFan74
I have a question about swingarm bags. Can you mount it with half moon passenger floorboards? What i have mostly seen is bikes with solo seats that have them. I dont want to keep putting it on when solo
How long are the floorboards? I have a swingarm bag and I converted some old bmx pedals as pegs. The pedals are about 3" front to back and there's at least an inch of clearance left.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:36 AM
bgreen1tcu
Novice

So I have been riding my 2011 with the V&H 2 into 1 Big Radius for about 2 months now. Love the looks, couldnt tell a difference in performance (had all the computer and Dyno work done) and I think it is way too quiet. I traded my Nightster with the V&H Sideshots and it was WAY louder, I will say that the Big Radious has a better tone though. So, I have been toying with the idea of removing the baffle or at least modifying it. Has anyone done this? I think removing it would create back pressure problems and probably be too loud... I am not a mechanic, just going by what some others have told me but I havent found anyone who has played around with this particular pipe on a Lo. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Old 09-07-2011, 12:55 PM
HeartlandUSA
Former Sponsor

For all you Fatboy Lo Owners check out our 200 or 250 Conversion Kits, totally changes the stance and style of your Fatboy!!! www.heartlandbiker.com

Old 09-07-2011, 01:04 PM
Zombiequest
Cruiser

Anyone have a smoked tail light in the standard Long size? (I've seen the shorter low-profile size) But I have a tail light cover that would stick out way too far with the low profile. Any link or product webpage would be helpful... I know Kuryakyn makes one and I think there's one called the Genesis II. I'm on the tail light stage of modding at the moment.

http://www.amazon.com/Genesis-Tail-L.../dp/B003ZJNW9E

Old 09-07-2011, 01:14 PM
Zombiequest
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim

I actually like the arrangement you have... My thoughts on something like that requires contrast. You have a "Vivid" Black Lo... so chrome is pretty much the best accent... better then Matte black or PC'd accents anyway. The laydown frame comes in Vivid black, which I think Pop's on a Demin Black Fender... but would get completely lost on a Vivid Black Fender... that's how I see it anyway.

Vivid Black Lo - Chrome Accents
Denim Black Lo - Vivid Black Accents

Old 09-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zombiequest
Anyone have a smoked tail light in the standard Long size? (I've seen the shorter low-profile size) But I have a tail light cover that would stick out way too far with the low profile. Any link or product webpage would be helpful... I know Kuryakyn makes one and I think there's one called the Genesis II. I'm on the tail light stage of modding at the moment.

http://www.amazon.com/Genesis-Tail-L.../dp/B003ZJNW9E
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/340-575

that one is close.. before I put my BAL-3ST on, I had one of these..there are just 2 problems.

1) The sides are chrome and the lens is clear, not smoked, not even by harley smoked lens turn signal standards.
2) The bulb illuminates Pink. Not red, not amber, not scarlet.. Pink.
Yeah.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners