Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 03:23 PM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jet_Wrench
Looking back on things now I would have purchased the "Fuel Pack" and not the "HD Super Tuner". That was one of my rookie mistakes. I took the dealerships word for it and bought what they said I needed. In reality I think the Fuel Pack is better suited for a Dyno Tune. Would anyone else agree on that?
I was at HD the other day and they told me I should only do the HD Super Tuner because it's easier for them to dyno or some crap. I'm tired of them blowing smoke, but they did tell me I should wait until winter when go fast parts are cheaper. Still getting an A/C and fuel pack and doing it myself though.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:50 PM
Jet_Wrench
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DRwalkinboner,
I hear you they work hard to sell their own parts.... I need to apologize for miss stating that I though the "Fuel Pack" was better. The unit I was thinking about it the "power commander" there are some threads about that on this site. Also check out the link below.

http://www.docsharleydavidson.com/Service/service.html

again I am sorry for miss stating that.... Down the road if I decide to do cams and heads I will probably buy the power commander and take my bike to those guys. Its only about a 3 hour drive for me.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:48 PM
sEEkEr
Advanced

Well, I'm done for awhile....(yeah sure)....Finished the Stage 1 kit with a PCV abd SE A/C....she breathes much better now....

Name:  Fat6-1.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  78.8 KB

Name:  Fat5.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  179.4 KB

Last edited by sEEkEr; 07-26-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:47 PM
jbg
Road Warrior

Finally...got some new bars on the Lo and my back's LOVING THEM! Also added the Harley mustache bar and highway pegs. I can finally site back and relax and kick my feet up and really enjoy this sweet ride!

Last edited by jbg; 07-30-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:01 AM
chozzer
6th Gear

Originally Posted by DrWalkinboner
I was at HD the other day and they told me I should only do the HD Super Tuner because it's easier for them to dyno or some crap. I'm tired of them blowing smoke, but they did tell me I should wait until winter when go fast parts are cheaper. Still getting an A/C and fuel pack and doing it myself though.
I have a SE Heavy Breather going spare if you want one. Lightly used (c. 600 miles) PM me if interested.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:03 AM
chozzer
6th Gear

Originally Posted by sEEkEr
Well, I'm done for awhile....(yeah sure)....Finished the Stage 1 kit with a PCV abd SE A/C....she breathes much better now....
What are those bars on there? HD Narrow Beach Bars?

Great looking bike, congratulations.

Old 07-27-2010, 09:38 AM
sEEkEr
Advanced

Originally Posted by chozzer
What are those bars on there? HD Narrow Beach Bars?

Great looking bike, congratulations.
Thanks bro, same to you......

Those are Buffalo Beach bars, picked them up from Retro Cycle.... I wanted an old skool, military/industrial look and I'm pretty happy so far....

http://www.retrocycle.com/

Old 07-27-2010, 12:07 PM
Jet_Wrench
6th Gear

I got the Dark Custom Derby Cover put on, I'll get a picture of the matching timing cover in a bit

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-dark-custom-derby-cover.jpg  
Old 07-27-2010, 12:33 PM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 140 Likes on 95 Posts

very nice i just put the dark custom derby cover on and timing cover to and the dark custom decal for the gas cap i really like them, i hope they make more dark custom parts for the fatboy lo

Old 07-27-2010, 07:21 PM
mfmaine
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jet_Wrench
Hey Everyone,
I am in the process of blacking some things out on my new Denim Fat Boy Lo. I have been taking a lot of notes and ideas from all of you and your pictures. I am looking for options on the head light right now. So far all I have come up with is buying the chrome visor of my choice and painting it? What have you all done to get yours in black. Right now I like DAVE has hit looking. I want a "sharper" looking leading edge like he has and not a fat round edge and I want something in black. If I am going to have to paint it my self then I might go Denim or satin on the entire head light area forks and all....

Let me know,
You can paint or you could have it powdercoated, which is what I did to mine

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners