Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 10:43 AM
dizzy1450
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes they are.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Fierofly
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anybody know of or have pictures of a Lo with the D&D Bobcat exhaust? What do y'all think?

Old 09-01-2011, 03:23 PM
rojuwi
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is everybody getting the black fork lowers from Harley? I would love to that but omg! That's a lot of money. Is there a poor mans version?

Old 09-01-2011, 03:33 PM
TNB
Road Master

Originally Posted by rojuwi
Is everybody getting the black fork lowers from Harley? I would love to that but omg! That's a lot of money. Is there a poor mans version?
I had mine powder coated though I still had them done through one of the local dealerships.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:04 PM
Zombiequest
Cruiser

Originally Posted by bkelly1956
Aren't the handlebars different on the 12's from the previous years?
They're pulled back more but not necessarily "different" in looks.. at least not that you'd notice looking at it.. obviously the engine is bigger and more powerful in the 2012's but not any different in "looks" either that you'd notice... like I said, the 103 logo is really the only noticeable difference in this years stock model. (Although the leather Tank Bib may be different, but I can't confirm that) - I swapped that out anyway.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Zombiequest
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rojuwi
One of the dealers was telling me something to the effect of having them done in vivid black or something because the matte rubs off at the shock and begins to show the chrome again.. something like that, but I wasn't really listening because I don't plan on painting my forks.. l personally like a balance between black & chrome.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:10 PM
bigoil7
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fierofly
Anybody know of or have pictures of a Lo with the D&D Bobcat exhaust? What do y'all think?
Like the jaws there Michael. Btw, the A-10 was da Boss! Didn't know it was coming till you're already dead. My favorite aircraft, and they were already old when I was in.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:22 PM
F34R
Tourer

Mhhmmm... UG's came in today. I thought they'd be a little "better" in the quality area. Kinda cheap flimsy feeling... but.... I guess that's why they are $20 lol. Anyways.. they fit ok, and do the job at 70mph.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Those are UGLY. LOL

Old 09-02-2011, 09:08 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hahaha you look like a grasshopper or something. No offense, nice turn signal lenses btw. Do all 4 bulbs work? Just wanted to double check because, well, I sent them to you.

Okay, previous topic.. Race Tech Gold Valve Emulators. I bought the $116 ones since the other Jim, who I will refer to as Big Jim since he's got the crown jewel of our Lo's right now (aside from the one dude with the raked front end and custom wheels and such).. since he talked me into buying them. Point is, they seem really easy to install. You do have to take the forks completely apart (further apart than just removing the lowers to get powdercoated) so now i'll see what kind of tension is really on that spring. Aside from widening the stock oil hole to 5/16", and drilling 2 more @ 5/16" perpendicular to the stock one (one higher, one lower, 7/16" apart from the stock).. the emulators basically just drop in and sit above the damping rod, and below the spring (page 2-62 in the 2010 service manual, #20 or so on the diagram).. there's something about adjusting the preload on it, which is basically an allen bolt that runs through the emulator and a lock nut on the bottom.. all of it seems straight forward, and if i can con my neighbor into getting away from his wife for a few hours I might actually be able to do it this weekend. but no guarantees. actually..i quite doubt i'll be able to do it. haha. but hope is nice.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners