Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 10:55 PM
Avalanche123
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jet Wrench, how do you like that exhaust compared to your orginal stock set up? I'd love to see a bigger pic of your bike too.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:32 AM
Jet_Wrench
6th Gear

Avalanche123,
I love the exhaust. There is no comparison to the stock over this this V&H setup. The Heavy Breather does a lot to bring that engine alive as well. I would have never done one without the other and then also adding in the Super Tuner. There are a lot of pipes out there to choose from and I chose these because I wanted the ground pounding look and the curves. In any case get those stock pipes off and replace them with something that is more free flowing and fits your style. And as I was told by a friend "Loud pipes save lives" When that guy in the lane next to you is not paying attention and seems to want to drift over just give him a little twist to wake him up.

Looking back on things now I would have purchased the "Fuel Pack" and not the "HD Super Tuner". That was one of my rookie mistakes. I took the dealerships word for it and bought what they said I needed. In reality I think the Fuel Pack is better suited for a Dyno Tune. Would anyone else agree on that?

I posted all the pictures I have so far in my garage area. I have not figured out the best way to attach them in the thread yet. Still figuring that out.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:55 AM
Avalanche123
Cruiser

Sweet pics! I'll be going for the same setup as you have. Love those pipes. I'll follow this thread to see what others say about the HD Super Tunr vs Fuel Pack. Lots of interesting advise kicking around.

My only concern with the exhaust is I go to work early and I doubt my neighbours will love me while my bike is warming up....other than that though, its game on.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:56 AM
Earl IV
Tourer

Here's mine ^^^

Picked it up Friday from Wild Fire in Chicago (great people to deal with)

Stock for now (waiting on parts)

Of course they had everything I wanted in chrome

The windshield is going to get chopped about 6" and dark tinted (I'll be looking over the top)
Floorboards are coming off in favor of forwards & V&H 2-into-1 Big Radius is going on.
My neighbors are going to love it when I get home from work at 3AM

Last edited by Earl IV; 07-26-2010 at 10:04 AM.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:48 PM
jbg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Jet_Wrench
Hey Everyone,
I am in the process of blacking some things out on my new Denim Fat Boy Lo. I have been taking a lot of notes and ideas from all of you and your pictures. I am looking for options on the head light right now. So far all I have come up with is buying the chrome visor of my choice and painting it? What have you all done to get yours in black. Right now I like DAVE has hit looking. I want a "sharper" looking leading edge like he has and not a fat round edge and I want something in black. If I am going to have to paint it my self then I might go Denim or satin on the entire head light area forks and all....

Let me know,
I hear ya man! No black parts is really getting to be a pain. But I'd give it a couple more days and see what the new 2011 parts catalog has in it. We might get lucky. The other part I want is the Kuryaken curved layback license plate in black. But they don't make it either!!!!

Old 07-26-2010, 12:53 PM
jbg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Earl IV
Here's mine ^^^

The windshield is going to get chopped about 6" and dark tinted (I'll be looking over the top)
Floorboards are coming off in favor of forwards & V&H 2-into-1 Big Radius is going on.
My neighbors are going to love it when I get home from work at 3AM
Earl - Nice.... but maybe you should hold off on pulling the boards so quick? I really think you might find that you like them if you give them a chance? Put an engine guard and highway pegs on if you need to put your feet out?

Old 07-26-2010, 01:09 PM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 96 Posts
Talking

black is the new chrome i hope harley comes out with more dark custom parts so far i have timing cover and derby cover and the gas cap decal not much harley makes right now

Old 07-26-2010, 01:14 PM
black dogz
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Earl IV

Nice bike!

How long did they tell you for the parts?

Old 07-26-2010, 01:47 PM
Earl IV
Tourer

Originally Posted by jbg
Earl - Nice.... but maybe you should hold off on pulling the boards so quick? I really think you might find that you like them if you give them a chance? Put an engine guard and highway pegs on if you need to put your feet out?
The boards lift my knees too high (6'1" - 36" inseam) and the shift levers are awkward (and not adjustable without interfering with the boards, so they're coming off as soon as I get the forward kit (I may have to go with the 3" extended controls)... Thanks though

Old 07-26-2010, 01:49 PM
Earl IV
Tourer

Originally Posted by black dogz
Nice bike!

How long did they tell you for the parts?
They said 1-2 weeks and I either have to drive back to Wild Fire (3hrs away) or have them shipped to my house (even more time...ugh)

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners