Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 02:49 PM
dizzy1450
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not the forum, it's just the Fatboy Lo thread...

Old 08-25-2011, 02:53 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by FBLDavid
This forum is the best! Thanks for all the quick responses and photos. I think I will go with the factory sissy bar and grind it down. I need a part time job to cover all the accessories I want to buy!
Here is a before and after shot for ya.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-dscn2853.jpg  
Old 08-25-2011, 02:55 PM
Jester750
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
Jester, would you mind posting some pics of your easy bracket turn signal kit. I looked on the website and it looks pretty good. I like how it would give me more space for larger saddlebags by getting the turn signals completely out of the way. Did you have to do any drilling of the fender to install it? I do almost all of my own work but I have to admit I'm not crazy about drilling something like a fender.
Nope, no drilling whatsoever!
There are three bolts that hold your current license plate bracket on. This bracket uses two of those to mount the bracket and the third hole the wires go through.
There is a pic on the webpage that you can click to enlarge.
I wish I could show you a pic of them on my bike but I didnt take any when I had them on. I took it off when I traded in my 2010 for the 2012.
Within the next couple of weeks I will put it on the new bike with all of the other stuff I took off the old bike and post up a few pics.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:09 PM
1st Harleydude_2011
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man that is some truly sick looking mods!!! I can't wait to get back home to mine so I can trick it out as well. Nice looking for sure.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:15 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 1st Harleydude_2011
Man that is some truly sick looking mods!!! I can't wait to get back home to mine so I can trick it out as well. Nice looking for sure.
Are you deployed right now? If so stay whole and return safely.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

has anyone removed the transmission side cover? (Where it says Six Speed) Is it a pain in the ***? I'm reading the manual and stuff and they're talking about loosening cables and removing clips and whatnot and so-forth..

Old 08-25-2011, 03:21 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
has anyone removed the transmission side cover? (Where it says Six Speed) Is it a pain in the ***? I'm reading the manual and stuff and they're talking about loosening cables and removing clips and whatnot and so-forth..
6 bolts and it comes off. Not much to it. What ya doin'?

Old 08-25-2011, 03:34 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Making my Winter-Mod list. Powdercoating the tranny cover, getting a set of chrome Kuryakyn ISO pegs (that match my grips) powdercoated black because they don't make the style i like, and emailed me saying they weren't going to...talk about that in a minute. I'm getting an exhaust system I have laying around coated black and mounting that, maybe (but not likely) get my console done black) then when that's all done i'm going to sit around and fester until April when the weather starts getting nice again.

ok, the ISO pegs. Kuryakyn released a set of "Trident" Black ISO pegs, and I emailed them asking if they would make a set of regular Black Large ISO pegs. The responded they were not going to do that, but that the rubber ISO style pads will fit on the Trident pegs to give it the look. That's more money than I want to spend.. Meanwhile, I have a set of chrome ISO pegs that I can take the pads off of and have them blacked out, then just replace the pads. Much easier and cost effective.

I doubt i'll do my console because I think that would be just too much black.. the silvery console adds contrast to the tank, and matches my speedo/tach. Though I might replace the insert in it (The thing that says Ignition, Accessories, Off)..idk yet though.

As for getting the tranny cover done.. that's hidden behind the pipes anyways. So if I leave the cam cover, and rocker box covers that brushed chrome, with the blackish fins on the cylinders.. that creates a nice Brushed Chrome "V" and really makes the engine stand out inside all the black.

Last edited by Sgt_Jim; 08-25-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:37 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master

Tip: Loosen the clutch cable at the trans cover before removing the cover. Then when you go to put it back on, do NOT over tighten it. You can easily break it. Then to remove the cable and eccentric inside, you just need some big snap ring pliers or a flathead screwdriver.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:39 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master

BTW, I put ISO grips on a couple weeks ago. Yep, I was one of those guys that got the clutch side stuck and spent 2 hours to get it off and re-glue. That was less than fun.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners