Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 04:11 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

a buddy of mine has a custom chopper he built, a (i want to say 2006, maybe 07) FatBoy, and i think a Street Glide.. he got into an accident on the FatBoy (someone pulled out in front of him, and he bent the neck and broke both front forks), anyways, he was comparing his bike to mine and I was like "Yeah, the difference between yours and mine is that my forks are straight.".. and he goes "Yeah, we I have 2 other bikes to replace mine with".. and i shut up him and made his wife laugh with "Yeah, but last time i checked, you can only ride one at a time.. so what do i need the other two for?"

Old 08-24-2011, 04:15 PM
Matt990724
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
a buddy of mine has a custom chopper he built, a (i want to say 2006, maybe 07) FatBoy, and i think a Street Glide.. he got into an accident on the FatBoy (someone pulled out in front of him, and he bent the neck and broke both front forks), anyways, he was comparing his bike to mine and I was like "Yeah, the difference between yours and mine is that my forks are straight.".. and he goes "Yeah, we I have 2 other bikes to replace mine with".. and i shut up him and made his wife laugh with "Yeah, but last time i checked, you can only ride one at a time.. so what do i need the other two for?"
Glad your buddy is ok.

And I didn't "need" this one. Hell I work from home. But I really really really want another.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:57 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Clouseau
On the other hand: What kind of tuning would be needed to crank up the performance of 96 to 103? I have 96 with SE heavy breather and SE pipes. Thinking about upgrading with power commander and V&H big radius 2:1.
Do a 107 CI kit, Add some good cams and have the heads ported and polished. A proper 5 angle valve grind and you will walk all over the 103's and 110 SE motors. And you will save money by not trading in your bike for a newer some what quicker bike.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:58 PM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am act looking into the 107, but I have read a few people having problem with the lower end giving out, burning oil and over heating.so I may just do 103. any input?, or just isolated issues

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
Do a 107 CI kit, Add some good cams and have the heads ported and polished. A proper 5 angle valve grind and you will walk all over the 103's and 110 SE motors. And you will save money by not trading in your bike for a newer some what quicker bike.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:44 PM
SNAKEMAN
Intermediate

Fuelmoto 107 here and a good dyno tune. Lots of power and a real fun bike to ride.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:06 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

True! But since I've always got one on the jack it's nice to ride the other in the meantime. 3 is a bit much, but ask me if I'll take a 4th.

Jim on another note bro, have you looked into suspensions yet? Read up on RaceTech for your front end. I'm installing it on my FLHT and then it's gonna have to go on the Lo soon. under $300 and it's a different ride.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:42 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

What are you looking at? lowering? or just improving the ride?

I'd like to improve the ride when hitting bumps, but despite my itch to lower the bike, i can't. Just for the simple fact that where i store my bike when i'm not riding, the stock clearance barely makes it up the ramp (to the point where if i go up the ramp faster than like 3mph, the initial bump causes me to bottom out).. so yeah, i'd start tearing into that thing pretty badly

Old 08-25-2011, 09:17 AM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

What are you looking at? lowering? or just improving the ride?

I'd like to improve the ride when hitting bumps, but despite my itch to lower the bike, i can't. Just for the simple fact that where i store my bike when i'm not riding, the stock clearance barely makes it up the ramp (to the point where if i go up the ramp faster than like 3mph, the initial bump causes me to bottom out).. so yeah, i'd start tearing into that thing pretty badly
I'm doing it for ride quality! I rode my buddys bike with his new suspension and HOLLY CHIT what a difference. Without going into great detail, the ride was like no other harley I'd been on and I've been on a bunch. I am lowering the front 1" but that's an option that you don't have to take. After studying suspensions, I've come to realize how inferior the harley suspension is compared to whats out there. I just thought you would be interested in checking it out. For guys that ride a lot and commute daily, this set up will change everything as far as comfort. www.racetech.com

Old 08-25-2011, 09:33 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

yeah I would definitely love to make my ride better.. Drew (Dr VTwin) always preached about the Ricor Intimidators in his FatBoy.

http://store.ricorshocks.com/product_p/041-20-1001.htm

..i guess these things mount at the bottom of the forks, and screw in to where the retaining bolt is in the bottom, then the retaining bolt screws into them.. hmm.

More expensive than the springs though, and I don't know the difference.
Right now I've barely got two nickels to rub together haha.. but seeing as how lately people have been putting the V&H BSS Black's like I have on my bike, I'm thinking about taking these modified StraightShots I have laying around, coating them black, and mounting them instead.. nothing against people mounting the BSS's.. it's a great exhaust and sounds amazing, but my local dealer is now selling Lo's with them already on there, at a few bike nights i've been to I see all these bikes with the mounted, and it's like they're becoming the new Big Radius's.. (which my dad bought for his train when they were a "limited edition pipe" haha).. however, the StraightShots i don't see too many anymore because they were replaced by the BSS's, and they were only sold in Chrome, I never see any Black sets (though Samson sells a black set that looks similar). But $125 for the ceramic coating + $80 for new baffles to me is a better deal than $700+ for a new exhaust system. Oh man i need to sell some blood and semen to fund my HD habit. Not mixed together, of course..

Old 08-25-2011, 09:38 AM
AjAnd3rson
Tourer

Jesus....

I step out for a few days and we get attacked by trolls???

WTF?

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners