Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 10:11 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by turd fergussen
He bought them black. I believe they are listed in parts catalog for the crossbones only, however as Jim had stated in another thread...

"Okay, so Part numbers 73342-09 and 73343-09 will fit the FatBoy Lo's turn signals, matte in the front, gloss in the back, even though they're not listed for the bike.. just figured i'd let everyone know."

I was waiting to hear about this Jim. Thanks. Looks awesome!
yeah what he said.. and no problemo. Aside from each pair being $35 (so $70 total plus tax), i'd try to tint the lenses again, but I dont feel like mucking everything up for a second time. Though the visors kind of give the bulbs a shadowed look, so even though the lenses are pretty clear (by my standards), they still look a bit dark which is what i like.

i suppose i could always go buy a piece of like 15-20% tint from PepBoys or something and just cut out a strip.. but that's too much work for something like that.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:48 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by parkergeorge
Just got mine in July. The intake, exaust, and power comander go in when I get done with this Deployment.
Welcome to the forum and Thank You for your service to our country. Hope you make it home whole and enjoy that new ride.

Old 08-19-2011, 12:32 PM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could always use the spray tint, I used it on my brake light came out great, they say if you mess up, wipes off with alcohol....just a thought

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
yeah what he said.. and no problemo. Aside from each pair being $35 (so $70 total plus tax), i'd try to tint the lenses again, but I dont feel like mucking everything up for a second time. Though the visors kind of give the bulbs a shadowed look, so even though the lenses are pretty clear (by my standards), they still look a bit dark which is what i like.

i suppose i could always go buy a piece of like 15-20% tint from PepBoys or something and just cut out a strip.. but that's too much work for something like that.

Old 08-19-2011, 12:57 PM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Spray tint is the heat! I use that ***** on everything. I think it looks nasty on my bike all blacked out. With some 2500 grit it looks flat like the denim paint.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:54 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by bigoil7
If you're not crazy about the look of those bolt heads on your handlebar clamps or other places, check these out. I found them at Ace Hardware. They run about $6 a piece but very solid with a nice chrome finish. I also use one in place of the rear seat bolt, and one on my shift linkage. They also come with the HD style cross, or an eagle.
I think you need to buy some of those for me and drop them in the mail.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:43 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

Haha I already screwed up one set of lenses using the spray tint.. when the lights were off they looked awesome, but as soon as any light shone through them you could see all the blemishes and nastiness.. and I did everything everyone said too.. used multitudes of sandpaper in increasing fineness (started at like 800, then 1000, then 1500, then 2000).. hit it with some clearcoat and cleaned everything up nice..etc etc, mine still came out looking like butt. and if you want to get that crap off, i found that mixing Mineral Spirits with Premium gasoline does the trick.. makes your hands nice and soft too haha.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:30 PM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothen better then 92 octane soft smooth skin lol

QUOTE=Sgt_Jim;8714505]Haha I already screwed up one set of lenses using the spray tint.. when the lights were off they looked awesome, but as soon as any light shone through them you could see all the blemishes and nastiness.. and I did everything everyone said too.. used multitudes of sandpaper in increasing fineness (started at like 800, then 1000, then 1500, then 2000).. hit it with some clearcoat and cleaned everything up nice..etc etc, mine still came out looking like butt. and if you want to get that crap off, i found that mixing Mineral Spirits with Premium gasoline does the trick.. makes your hands nice and soft too haha.[/QUOTE]

Old 08-19-2011, 05:03 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Lone wolf lo 10
Nothen better then 92 octane soft smooth skin lol

tastes better than Regular too when syphoning out of a tank for winter storage.

Old 08-19-2011, 06:46 PM
the jacobite
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

[quote=Sgt_Jim;8713391]yeah what he said.. and no problemo. Aside from each pair being $35 (so $70 total plus tax), i'd try to tint the lenses again, but I dont feel like mucking everything up for a second time. Though the visors kind of give the bulbs a shadowed look, so even though the lenses are pretty clear (by my standards), they still look a bit dark which is what i like.

Just paid £70 for them over here, must be the Harley exchange rate. Had the bike back at the dealers to day and finally got the vance and hines system fitted, it sounds awesome especially on the overrun, did not expect that was def worth the wait.

Old 08-19-2011, 07:05 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

[QUOTE=the jacobite;8715354]
Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim

Just paid £70 for them over here, must be the Harley exchange rate. Had the bike back at the dealers to day and finally got the vance and hines system fitted, it sounds awesome especially on the overrun, did not expect that was def worth the wait.
Glad to hear that the adapters worked out for you. Have fun and ride safe.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners