Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 02:28 AM
dcgray2
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigoil7
Congrats on the publicity Jim. Your bike has been my wallpaper since the day I ordered my bike. It's no doubt the ultimate lo.
One question, I ordered (almost) the last of the missing pieces in my Edge Cut collection, but I notice your floorboards aren't the half-moons she came with (at least it doesn't look like it). Did you try to find half-moon inserts in the collection, or do they exist? I'm cool with leaving the black rubber (stock) inserts regardless. My sig pic is a bit old, but I've got all the other Edge Cut either on or on their way. Also added a new breather and PCV so I am getting there
Same issue on the Diamond Black Floorboard inserts. Bought pans from a touring bike and switched them. Took 1/2 hour of being slow and careful to change out pans and put inserts in. To me it's worth it to complete "the look".

Old 08-16-2011, 10:53 AM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TNB
Must have been a quick ride since your location has Sturgis.
Well I live in rapid city about 30 miles down the interstate but still close. Good enough for this guy.

Probably won't ever sell my bike though. I don't ride enough to warrant a sweet bagger. I'm more interested in another sports car. A friend is selling his '02 SS camaro with a fully built 408 and 300 shot of spray. I'd rather have another mode of transportation to complete the ensemble.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:09 PM
11lofatboy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrWalkinboner
Well I live in rapid city about 30 miles down the interstate but still close. Good enough for this guy.

Probably won't ever sell my bike though. I don't ride enough to warrant a sweet bagger. I'm more interested in another sports car. A friend is selling his '02 SS camaro with a fully built 408 and 300 shot of spray. I'd rather have another mode of transportation to complete the ensemble.
Sounds like a fun toy.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:03 PM
bigoil7
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ace is the place...

If you're not crazy about the look of those bolt heads on your handlebar clamps or other places, check these out. I found them at Ace Hardware. They run about $6 a piece but very solid with a nice chrome finish. I also use one in place of the rear seat bolt, and one on my shift linkage. They also come with the HD style cross, or an eagle.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-imag0058.jpg  
Old 08-17-2011, 04:27 PM
Matt990724
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bigoil7
If you're not crazy about the look of those bolt heads on your handlebar clamps or other places, check these out. I found them at Ace Hardware. They run about $6 a piece but very solid with a nice chrome finish. I also use one in place of the rear seat bolt, and one on my shift linkage. They also come with the HD style cross, or an eagle.
what section?

Old 08-17-2011, 04:37 PM
the jacobite
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
yeah i just saw that when i looked at your garage listing.. on that note, i'm not sure.. they may have changed it for 2012 just to mess with you.. or maybe it's because you're Scottish.
Spot on Sgt jim, the dealer should have replaced the bulbs in the packet, uk bikes are fitted with single contact bulbs. The exhaust saga however goes on, although the sensor adaptor fits they now need a new disc to remap the fuel system! bring back carbs and mixture screws

Old 08-17-2011, 05:30 PM
bigoil7
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Matt990724
what section?
By the nuts and bolts, but in my local store, they had them secured down a bit to keep the punk-*** kids from lifting them.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:00 PM
serjayson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

bigoil7 do you have a part# or description/ name so I can check there website. No ACE stores by me thanks.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:56 PM
bigoil7
Cruiser

Originally Posted by serjayson
bigoil7 do you have a part# or description/ name so I can check there website. No ACE stores by me thanks.
I don't really have a part number 'cause you really just grab them out of a bin and then tell the check-out the price, lol. I know, it sounds a little Mayberry, but I don't think they can inventory nuts and bolts that closely. I did find the exact same items online here:
http://www.4hd.net/product_informati...product_id=568
but the price is in british pounds and WAY more than they cost at Ace. If I stop there in the next few days, I'll post it for you.
Sorry I can't be more help now.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:56 PM
harleyfiremedic
Road Captain
Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts

Got a big surprise tonight. Rode over to a local cruise night at the Famous Daves BBQ here in town. They have a nice cruise night every wed night. Cars, Trucks and Bikes. usually includes some sort of food discount too. Real good turn out tonight with 25 or 30 cars/trucks and maybe 30 bikes. At 8pm they announced the winners for each class, best car, best truck, best bike and best in show. I was very very surprised when my name was announced as the bike winner. While I have done some things to the bike, there are so much more that I want to do. It was nice to see that someone else must like where I am headed.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners