Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 09:21 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rojuwi
I went with harley silencer series but dont care for them. Anyway, I want to know if I can put the harley street slammer handlebar on without changing wiring and cables? I like them but if I have to change everything anyway I will just do apes
The Streetslammers use all the stock wiring/cables EXCEPT for the front brake line..that needs to be changed to something longer

Old 08-10-2011, 09:41 PM
rojuwi
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
The Streetslammers use all the stock wiring/cables EXCEPT for the front brake line..that needs to be changed to something longer
Awesome. Thanks

Old 08-11-2011, 07:29 AM
bigoil7
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been thinking about the Streetslammers and I think you just sold me.
Wasn't wanting to replace all the cables so that sounds great. I'll make it my winter project. Do you happen to have the part number handy? Oh, and how much longer did the brake cable have to be? Thanks.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:49 AM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been thinking about the street slammers too if the 2012's bars don't come back far enough. Is there a good deal on a brake cable. I looked at Harley's black diamond collection cable that looked pretty good but they wanted like 200.00 for the dang thing which is not too far off what they want for the bars themselves. Is there a good black steel braided alternative? Also for you guys who just got the BAL-3ST. How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking? I looked on their website and the MSRP is 250.00. It's an awesome light but at that price might be a little out of my range.

Last edited by Fatbob usmc EOD; 08-11-2011 at 08:42 AM. Reason: needed to add something
Old 08-11-2011, 09:11 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

Alright let me clarify something.. I had forgotten that they changed the bars on the 2012 models, so I really shouldn't answer whether the stock cables should fit.. but here's my logic on this one... If the 2012 bars have more pull back than the 10/11's, then the cables should automatically be longer, and therefore will still be long enough for the Streetslammers..but I'd check with your dealers first.

As for the part numbers..
Diamond-Black Brake line upper, 21" P/N 41800108, $59.95
Diamond-Black Brake Line lower, P/N 48920-10, $59.95
Street-Slammer Handlebars, Black, P/n 55985-10, $259.95

and lastly, I paid $27 for my BAL-3ST for the simple fact that 1) the dealer had a 15% sale that day, so it was $227 not 250, and 2) I had a $200 giftcard to my dealer for my birthday, and my other taillight (not stock) was barely visible, so it was worth it to me.

And even if it is $250, and if i had to pay $250, i pretty much decided that I would do it for the simple fact that people seem to be driving with more and more stupidity lately. so for the flashing, and brightness, as a means to get them to see me, it's worth it IMO

Last edited by Sgt_Jim; 08-11-2011 at 09:14 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:19 AM
Nonstop Crunchy
Intermediate
Default New to forum

I got my FLSTFB 2 weeks ago and I haven't been able to ride the last 2 days because I have to take it tomorrow for the 1st 1000 mile service. Will take more pics when I get a chance.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-fbofb.jpg  

Last edited by Nonstop Crunchy; 08-11-2011 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Picture problem
Old 08-11-2011, 09:22 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Nonstop Crunchy
I got my FLSTFB 2 weeks ago and I haven't been able to ride the last 2 days because I have to take it tomorrow for the 1st 1000 mile service. Will take more pics when I get a chance.

do this right quick.. your facebook uploads are 1 page too short. If you're using anything OTHER than Internet Explorer, right-click on the picture and click "open in new tab" or "View image in new tab", then paste THAT link into the IMG tags.. the link should end with ".jpg", your links go to your facebook album which is private to non-friends..

....so what.. we're not your friends now all of a sudden? I see how it is. Jerk. jk.

....and from the third photo..looks like we've got another White Lo on our hands.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Nonstop Crunchy
Intermediate

I think I have it fixed, let me know if I make any more noob errors, LOL!
Also, anyone that wants to add me on FB
http://www.facebook.com/NonstopCrunchy
and put Harley in the message

do this right quick.. your facebook uploads are 1 page too short. If you're using anything OTHER than Internet Explorer, right-click on the picture and click "open in new tab" or "View image in new tab", then paste THAT link into the IMG tags.. the link should end with ".jpg", your links go to your facebook album which is private to non-friends..

....so what.. we're not your friends now all of a sudden? I see how it is. Jerk. jk.

....and from the third photo..looks like we've got another White Lo on our hands.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Zombiequest
Cruiser

Front Spoiler showed up today... it comes in Vivid Black or "primed"... I chose primed obviously since I had plans to pc it denim black... only thing is what they consider "primed" looks a hell of a lot like Denim Black already. It's black plastic of course, not metal... But looks like the plastic is black all the way through anyway, no danger of scraping anything off.. frankly I can't tell if it's been primed at all, looks like any old, black plastic item you'd get in a store.

Did anyone else install a front spoiler?? (I saw a couple people had them) and if you did, did you bother to have it Powder-Coated or just install it as is?? And can plastic be powder-coated anyway since it's being cooked??

Last edited by Zombiequest; 08-11-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

What exactly does a spoiler do for your bike? Not to offend any one but I think they take away from the retro look of the bike.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners