Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Zombiequest
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawleywood
20K after taxes? Is your Lo made of gold? LOL

After taxes mine came out to 17.9 with a 4 year warranty....
2012 MSRP starts at around 17.5 for the denim, then the alarm system is another K, title, tags and taxes.. taxes alone are another K. After everything is done it's pretty much 20k brand spankin' new ... yea I coulda got a used one but I'm superstitious like that.. plus I didn't want to ride a bike that someone else loaded beer-farts into

Old 08-09-2011, 02:06 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Zombiequest
2012 MSRP starts at around 17.5 for the denim, then the alarm system is another K, title, tags and taxes.. taxes alone are another K. After everything is done it's pretty much 20k brand spankin' new ... yea I coulda got a used one but I'm superstitious like that.. plus I didn't want to ride a bike that someone else loaded beer-farts into
I was going to say about the same thing, plus add on the ABS and security and a few accessories. You can make that 20K easy.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure if they've changed their hardware since but the 3 bolts they provided don't have the common Octagon Head. They're actually Round with Allen-Wrench holes... I'll have to get the 27 Allen Wrench to hold them in place. (I think that's the size HD normally uses) Luckilly I just got a HD tool kit a couple days ago so that will be in there.

They look like this...

I don't remember off the top of my head, but i think that's right, they used bolts like that.. but i've got a cheap $20 tool kit/socket set/allen set in the back of my car that i keep for crappy emergencies and a normal allen wrench was good enough..but those bolts should go in through the top, which means you don't need to hold them in place, and they should have the standard style nuts to go under the fender which you use the box/open wrench on, ya know?

hope you didn't pay too much for the HD tool kit, i just always worry about HD stuff because it's usually made in china branded with an HD logo and you pay like a 30% markup, ya know?

Old 08-09-2011, 02:08 PM
Lawleywood
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Holy crap! I guess I did not realize the 2012 was at 17.5 for MSRP. The MSRP on my bike was 16.2 and I got 1K off, so after all the other jazz it came out to about 17.9. I would also have a hard time buying a used Harley. Mine was brand new and only had 8 miles on it when I bought it.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:09 PM
2011HDFATBOYLO?
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Well that sucks.. glad I got the 2011 then. I paid 14,500 for mine. With all the taxes, title, lic, etc. it was OTD at 16,500

Old 08-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Zombiequest
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
I don't remember off the top of my head, but i think that's right, they used bolts like that.. but i've got a cheap $20 tool kit/socket set/allen set in the back of my car that i keep for crappy emergencies and a normal allen wrench was good enough..but those bolts should go in through the top, which means you don't need to hold them in place, and they should have the standard style nuts to go under the fender which you use the box/open wrench on, ya know?

hope you didn't pay too much for the HD tool kit, i just always worry about HD stuff because it's usually made in china branded with an HD logo and you pay like a 30% markup, ya know?
They go in through the top? That can't be right.. I thought they'd go in from underneath the fender up.. that's gotta be hazardous to have the sharp end facing the tires.

No, the kit wasn't too costly at all, just holds the most common tools and head-sizes used on the softails.. rather then having me hit up Home Depot every other day for another piece. (Minimal kit with the fewest pieces as possible to fit in the side arm bag.)

Old 08-09-2011, 02:24 PM
Matt990724
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I negotiate with my client for a living, and my buddy from childhood is a car dealer, so I never have to negotiate in my "personal life". Kind of like the mechanic that doesn't work on his own car.

When I bought my Lo, I just rolled over and took it in the shorts... paid waaay too much. Oh well... They love me at the dealership!

Old 08-09-2011, 02:33 PM
Zombiequest
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
I just always worry about HD stuff because it's usually made in china branded with an HD logo and you pay like a 30% markup, ya know?
This is true... it drives me nuts that every HD belt-buckle I own has "Made in China" engraved on the back of it... I should just weld that **** out. Not like we don't make iron things anymore in this country, what does it take to have Billy-Ray Jim Bob pour a buckle mold at some plant in Milwaukee?? At least then China doesn't take the credit.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the bolts aren't that long, keep in mind they have to reach through the mount, a rubber piece which is like 1/4" thick at least, the fender itself, and be able to be threaded into the nut..idk how much space you have between your tire and fender, but i have more than enough to fit my entire hand up there to hold the nut still while i get the bolt threaded before i wrench it down..

edit..here i took a quick shot of the underside of my fender (holy hell i need to clean under there)..
Name:  DSC05891.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  50.5 KB

but i have enough room to make a fist, turn my fist sideways to the tire and still not hit the fender, and my fist is 4 1/4" across the top of the back of my hand, so there's plenty of room that bascially if you don't hit the wiring harness under there, you're not going to hit these bolts

Last edited by Sgt_Jim; 08-09-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

This is true... it drives me nuts that every HD belt-buckle I own has "Made in China" engraved on the back of it... I should just weld that **** out. Not like we don't make iron things anymore in this country, what does it take to have Billy-Ray Jim Bob pour a buckle mold at some plant in Milwaukee?? At least then China doesn't take the credit.
Hey you got it wrong, Billy-Ray Jim Bob works in the south. If it's to made in Wisconsin then Cooooooooooody will do it. Yada ha

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners