Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 10:30 PM
whitelightning
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windscreen help

Doesn't look cool, but works great. I added the fork leg lowers to reduce helmet buffeting, and it appears it was money well spent. I'll wait until winter 'till I pc it, and I may rattle can it to see if it looks good black,

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-p1000623.jpg  
Old 08-02-2011, 12:51 AM
TNB
Road Master

Just not into the "fangs" though I have heard good things about them.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:12 PM
Zombiequest
Cruiser

Well, so far one change in the 2012 model has become apparent... I ordered the chrome headlight visor ring and it's about two inches too small... apparently the previous headlights were about 6 inches wide... the new one is about 8 inches.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Lawleywood
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Reaper19
I am running 14" la choppers and well I am just going to solder in some more wire and fix that problem. I think the bike hates me right now cause nothing seems to be going back together right everything is fighting me. I dig the bags I have been trying to find some I like to put on mine. Whish I could find the same set up to steal your idea and look on them. Beas whish I would have read this all before chopping the extensions again oh well time to move forward. Any tips on getting the throttle and idle cables back in. Seems like I can get one on the grip but the other is a inch short and not in the sleeve but the cable itself?
All you need to do is get the street glide bags, do a search on eBay or Criagslist and snag a set then have the painted. The brackets and fillers come from Cyclevisions. The setup is super easy to install. As for the throttle/idle cables, right below the elbow there is a rubber boot, slide that down and loosen the nuts and adjust the cables all the way in, this should allow for plenty of play in both cables to go back into the grip. After you get it all back together just readjust those and tighten'em back up.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:58 PM
HEMI Army
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Zombiequest
Well, so far one change in the 2012 model has become apparent... I ordered the chrome headlight visor ring and it's about two inches too small... apparently the previous headlights were about 6 inches wide... the new one is about 8 inches.
You sure you got the right part #? They make more than one size.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I agree you must have received or ordered the wrong one as the 2012 still has the 7" head light. Same as the 2010 and 2011's.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:48 AM
Reaper19
6th Gear

Thanks for all the info Law I got home last night and started back on it and measured the part that sticks out of the housing on the cables and whouldnt you know it the new ones are a inch shorter know wonder I couldnt get them to fit. Well back to the parts store and going to find the right ones today. Got the clutch cable in and all the wiring hooked up just need to fix the turn signals but thats easy. Everyone on here has been awsome with all the help, couldnt have done it with out everyone.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:03 AM
Zombiequest
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
I agree you must have received or ordered the wrong one as the 2012 still has the 7" head light. Same as the 2010 and 2011's.
Yea, looks like I did... was trying to figure out what went wrong in the order process... looks like FXSTB got mixed up for being a Lo... that's a Night Train... (damn B on the end) oh well... live and learn. At least all the turn-signal rings were correct

Looks like 69734-05 is the right one.

Last edited by Zombiequest; 08-03-2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:22 AM
atleung
Stage IV

Zombie, what other mods are you thinking? Exhaust? I called V&H. They said they won't even do their measurement for the 2012 until mid-August.

Yea, looks like I did... was trying to figure out what went wrong in the order process... looks like FXSTB got mixed up for being a Lo... that's a Night Train... (damn B on the end) oh well... live and learn. At least the all the turn-signal rings were correct

Looks like 69734-05 is the right one.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:06 PM
black dogz
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BPlo
Anyone got teh part number for the rear fender bib for the fatboy? Ive found 4 of them. Anyone recommend any?
I got mine from Timberwolf Leather
http://www.timberwolfleather.com/cat...ENDER-BIBS.htm

Thick. Good quality. I'm really happy with it.

My Lo's in the shop because a cager hit me a little over 6 weeks ago. Major damage. Needs a new frame and a lot of other parts and repairs, but it's great fun watching you all mod away!

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners