Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 09:28 PM
LoFatBoy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zombiequest
Just got my new 2012 home today... Need a better camera now that I think about it, (I-touch camera leaves a lot to be desired.) Those reflectors are probably the 1st thing to go though. I do like the Derby cover it comes with, at least for the time being. I forget what the other standard covers were the last two years.. blank smoked chrome?? Anyway.. One hell of a ride!

Congratz and welcom. Nice bag for your 1st mod, if you wanna call it that.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:38 PM
Zombiequest
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
Whitelightning and Zombiequest, congrats on the new ride enjoy and be safe. Now let the Mods begin.
I hear that. I got headlight and turn signal trim rings on the way.. I'm actually gonna try out the new "Boom! Audio Cruiser Amp and Speaker kit".. (comes in black also)... hopefully it doesn't look too obnoxious, but the prospects of cranking some Ozzy or Crue on the ride without headphones seems very tempting. I'll give it a proper review after the install. (76320-08)

Old 07-31-2011, 08:26 AM
dansax
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

I'd love to feel the difference between the 96B and the 103.. Good luck and ride safe.

Old 07-31-2011, 11:49 AM
LoFatBoy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Zombiequest
I hear that. I got headlight and turn signal trim rings on the way.. I'm actually gonna try out the new "Boom! Audio Cruiser Amp and Speaker kit".. (comes in black also)... hopefully it doesn't look too obnoxious, but the prospects of cranking some Ozzy or Crue on the ride without headphones seems very tempting. I'll give it a proper review after the install. (76320-08)

I saw a very simular set up on a Deluxe yesterday. It sounded pretty good.

Old 07-31-2011, 08:16 PM
Reaper19
6th Gear

Well tore the bike down tonight to start the Ape install have everything off and wiring done down to the turn signal plug cant seem to get those dang ends to pull out of the plug to do the addition . Anyone have this problem that can guide me please? will take some pics when it is all back together.

Last edited by Reaper19; 07-31-2011 at 08:19 PM.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:40 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

whatever you did to the other plugs, the turn signals are the opposite.. like one set of plugs has the thing you push down built on to the pin to release it, the turn signals have it in the housing, so you have to push the opposite direction that you did before

Old 07-31-2011, 10:55 PM
Reaper19
6th Gear

Thanks SGT. I will try that tomorrow while I am at work taking all of it with me to work on it. I love working in a shop enviroment.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:26 AM
AjAnd3rson
Tourer

So as most of you know I’ve got the Vance and Hines Short shots and a high flow air cleaner.

I’m running the 96ci engine and I bought the Screamin Eagle Pro Super Tuner to go along with my other mods.

The SEPST in my honest opinion is a pain in the a$$ at first because I didn’t know what the hell I was doing! So this weekend I decided to hunker down and educate myself because my scoot felt like I was towing a ton of bricks in the middle of gears 2-6.

I loaded a 96ci base map and let it be for the past couple of months. This weekend after much reading on the Tech forum and some advice from a few locals I loaded a 103 ci map and did a few runs using “smart tune” and was super excited that my scoot was getting faster and faster with each smart tune run. Then after the last run of the day Saturday I get a message that says I am reaching the max values in my VE tables and should increase my displacement.

At this point I’m freaking out because I am already using a 103 map and I’m maxing that out???? WTF???? So I think there is something wrong and check the tech forum and call my local shop to talk to the dyno dude. He starts laughing and telling me that I shouldn’t stress out about it but I have to load the 110ci map and start over.

I’m furious at this point because I spent my entire Saturday doing these stupid *** smart tune runs just so the software can tell me that I need to start over. I mean come on!!!! It took me all day to get to this point where my scoot is back to normal (almost)…

Any who….I woke up Sunday and as I’m pissing and moaning to myself I load a 110ci map and just know how horrible my scoot is going to run for at least 2 1 hour sessions of smart tuning.

Well I load it up and fire my scoot up and huzzah!!! My scoot it running wayyyy better than ever before!!! It still wasn’t perfect but I did a few short smart tune runs and I am now dialed in.

I knew this thing was fast because I romped on it and now running through gears 2-5 I find myself hanging on and screaming Oh ****, Oh ****, Oh ****, Oh ****!!!!!!!!!

So Sunday afternoon I call a few friends up to go for a ride and we meet up and I tell them my story and one of them starts laughing and says “there is no way your 96 can keep up with my 103” so we go for a ride and start out just cruising around town and I find him trying to challenge me (he was a male cheer leader and rides a glide) I know I know he’s compensating for something…….so I pull up next to him at a light and we start talking about how his bike is so powerful and there is no way I can beat him since I have 150 lbs on him and I have a smaller motor….Next light we come to he tells me that my scoot and I are just the same big, ugly, loud and all the mods I do are worthless because his bone stock 103 glide is wayyyyy faster and he didn’t have to turn a single wrench. So I finally tell him to nut up or shut up! So you know what happens from there…..

Light turns green and we both romp on it….I get a sh1tty start so he pulls off just a length or two and I can see him looking back smiling and laughing so I am pissed and think I will never hear the end of this while shifting into 3rd I twist the throttle hard as I can and I get the feeling I’m on a horse that just got stuck in the *** with a hot poker and there I go like a bat out of hell scream past him in 5th so now that I know my scoot is faster I ease off the throttle and him being the over compensator screams past me as I down shift….He takes lead and the next light we come to he looks at me with a look of disgust and starts to say something when I just smile and rev my big, ugly, loud and (now) faster scoot.

So needless to say…I am extremely happy with my scoot and love that I did all this myself. Now I am not a fighter or all that confrontational…Being huge as f*ck has it’s advantages….But I have to say beating someone felt pretty damn good….

So yeah…that was my weekend.

Man I want to dyno this thing now!!!!!

Old 08-01-2011, 08:47 AM
BPlo
Novice

Originally Posted by Reaper19
Well tore the bike down tonight to start the Ape install have everything off and wiring done down to the turn signal plug cant seem to get those dang ends to pull out of the plug to do the addition . Anyone have this problem that can guide me please? will take some pics when it is all back together.
I just installed 14 apes on my Lo this weekend...i still have to adjust all of the brake/clutch/throttle cables...but thats not hard.

After i installed all of the electrical...i re-installed my console and my batt cable and made sure everything worked. the only thing that was wrong was the turn signals were backward. All i can say is--when you get those de-pinned--make sure to note which side of the bars the pins are coming from compared to which side of the connector they are connecting to.

I couldnt get those pins off. I got the Molex ones fine with the paper clip method. I had to take mine to a harley dealer where they took the pins out in 30 secs.

I do have one conenctor that seems to not have a home...its a 2 pin small conn coming from the headlight area. ive searched all over.

Old 08-01-2011, 08:52 AM
Lawleywood
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Turn Signal Connectors

I believe that two pin is a dead connector.

For the turn signal connectors, you need to undo the two tabs and the rear of the connector and pull the back down. Once that is done you need to use a tiny flat blade screwdriver and release the holding clip for each individual wire. Once you get one you will find the rest very easy

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners