Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 12:53 PM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bigoil7
Update: Holy crap, what a difference that made, like a different bike. Much snappier, decel pop gone, and all in all more ponies and torque.
My thanks to Bryan, Jamie, and everybody at FuelMoto. Best money I've spent on my scoot so far. +1 for FuelMoto.
Damn...never saw your original post asking if anyone had the same setup. I used to and could've helped but looks like you made the right choice. It's a great setup.

You coming out to Sturgis in a few weeks? I've been seeing more Lo's riding around here especially ridden by women. Black Hills HD has a big roll out sale next weekend with food and cheap rally merchandise and bringing out all the new '12 models. Rumor is Willie G will be there too from what my insider told me.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:15 PM
bigoil7
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DrWalkinboner
You coming out to Sturgis in a few weeks?
Ya know, lived in SD most of my life and have never done Sturgis (the rally) but I sure love the area. Now that I have my Lo, I really thought about going this year but have two kids starting college and will be moving one down to Phoenix (ASU on the GI bill, yes!) that week. Got a brother lives in the hills outside of Spearfish so I am all set when and if I can ever make the rally. I'll try to make it 2012.
Ride safe.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:50 PM
AirSchatz
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
Yea bro, that was me. I got lucky and won best of show in that one. We will have to go ride some time.
Cool, you got a sharp Lowered Lo! We definitely need to go for a ride. Do you live in Lubbock?

Old 07-21-2011, 04:41 PM
Sailrider 1
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
I got in to a conversation a few weeks ago with a few guys at the dealer (2 mechnics and 1 salesperson)..they all said the same thing..the 103" isn't worth it straight from the factory, it makes almost the same power as the 96". They mentioned that they come so restricted from the factory, that you would have to put in the same work as you do to the 96" just to make it even worth it.. cams, headwork, etc etc.. and flat out told me "Stay with your 96", you're better off that way"..so i'm not so upset by it
I went on the factory tour in York PA back in June of this year. While on the tour we saw dozens of pallets of 103 engines. After the tour I asked one of the assembly line guys about the engines. He told me then that all the 2012's were going to the 103 engines. He said the MOCO did it to consolidate all the engines throughout the line. It was an efficiency thing for HD, they didnt do it necessarily to improve the product, but more to improve their efficiencies of only having to produce parts for one engine line.

We were on the last tour in that facility. They have a brand new assembly line in York that they were moving to the next day.

Old 07-21-2011, 07:03 PM
FatBoyLarry
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would trade my 2011 blk denim Lo for a 2012 blk denim Lo in a NY second...

for the motor and the new bars.

but, I'm starting construction on a new home for myself in a month...and the trade would probably cost me 5 grand that I don't need spending right now.

The new bars will be swapped out for sure...and I'll have them PC'd black.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:30 PM
LRKHD
4th Gear

Originally Posted by FatBoyLarry
I would trade my 2011 blk denim Lo for a 2012 blk denim Lo in a NY second...

for the motor and the new bars.

but, I'm starting construction on a new home for myself in a month...and the trade would probably cost me 5 grand that I don't need spending right now.

The new bars will be swapped out for sure...and I'll have them PC'd black.

yeah they changed two very important things here, bars and the motor, those 2 things alone make me want a 2012 so bad

Old 07-21-2011, 10:43 PM
HEMI Army
Cruiser

Originally Posted by LRKHD
yeah they changed two very important things here, bars and the motor, those 2 things alone make me want a 2012 so bad
Those bars kinda suck. Just sayin.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:42 PM
rat_trap
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
How big of a pain in the *** is it to install those lights? I've been debating about it for like a year now to get those, or a similar set up from Headwinds or Kuryakyn
Sgt_Jim, I'm a garage monkey but I can't take credit for anything on my new Lo. All the customization was done by a good dude out of Rensselaer, Indiana. I just took delivery of the bike on Wednesday. I'll PM you his email address for more info on the light bar.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:55 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by rat_trap
Sgt_Jim, I'm a garage monkey but I can't take credit for anything on my new Lo. All the customization was done by a good dude out of Rensselaer, Indiana. I just took delivery of the bike on Wednesday. I'll PM you his email address for more info on the light bar.
Jim, putting the light bar on is a piece of cake. It's about as easy as putting a windshield on. If you buy used, you have to get the right parts, otherwise just get the deluxe kit new with everything.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:51 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I'm also looking for a part number or something.. is it this kit?

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

..looks like it with the shape of the lights, but then how do the turn signals mount underneath?

otherwise there is this one, but i dont care much for the flat turn signals, as opposed to the bullet ones..

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

edit.. are these lights always on? i know Kuryakyn makes a handlebar mounted toggle switch to turn them on and off, but its chrome and well, i dont have any chrome on my bike..

Last edited by Sgt_Jim; 07-22-2011 at 09:09 AM.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners