Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 11:23 AM
Zombiequest
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LRKHD
is anyone else upset that the 2012 lo has the 103? i wouldn't think i would be alone in this
Actually no, because I just put a $500 deposit down on a brand new 2012 Denim Black Lo that they have being shipped from York, Pa this very minute Should have it in a couple days. BooYah Baby!

I wanted a 2012 Lo if for nothing more then the "Year" alone (superstitious like that) and waiting a couple months for them to come out was no biggy.. glad I did.

Only downside is there's no catalog or parts and accessories yet, you can't get any engine mods yet if you wanted to. (was planning on V&H 2-1 black Pipes but that probably wouldn't even fit with the new engine.) So it's gonna be "Stock" for a few weeks at least until the Big Book finally arrives. (God knows, they were just announced today)

Last edited by Zombiequest; 07-20-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:41 AM
rat_trap
Cruiser

First post to the Fat Boy Lo thread. Great info and lots of sweet rides.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:54 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Zombiequest
Actually no, because I just put a $500 deposit down on a brand new 2012 Denim Black Lo that they have being shipped from York, Pa this very minute Should have it in a couple days. BooYah Baby!

I wanted a 2012 Lo if for nothing more then the "Year" alone (superstitious like that) and waiting a couple months for them to come out was no biggy.. glad I did.

Only downside is there's no catalog or parts and accessories yet, you can't get any engine mods yet if you wanted to. (was planning on V&H 2-1 black Pipes but that probably wouldn't even fit with the new engine.) So it's gonna be "Stock" for a few weeks at least until the Big Book finally arrives. (God knows, they were just announced today)
The pipes will be the same for the 103's as with the 96's no worries there.
But it looks like the new ECM has different connectors on it. So a Tuner might be aways down the road from now.
o

Old 07-20-2011, 11:55 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by rat_trap
First post to the Fat Boy Lo thread. Great info and lots of sweet rides.

Nice ride. Welcome to the Lo page.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Zombiequest
Cruiser

Looks like the only new color-option is Big Blue Pearl... and they dropped the white version.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...al.html#/c/pnw

I still think Denim Black is the bomb though Although I do like their custom paint design.. Red Skulls.

Last edited by Zombiequest; 07-20-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:10 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pretty stoked that it's coming with the 103. I'll have a 2012 in denim black waiting for me when I get back from Afghanistan this fall. I totaled the Fat Bob in my sig pic about a month before leaving. I'm especially glad it comes with the 103" because with my daughter having been born a few weeks ago it would've been a long time till I could fit an engine upgrade in the budget.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:27 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LRKHD
is anyone else upset that the 2012 lo has the 103? i wouldn't think i would be alone in this
I got in to a conversation a few weeks ago with a few guys at the dealer (2 mechnics and 1 salesperson)..they all said the same thing..the 103" isn't worth it straight from the factory, it makes almost the same power as the 96". They mentioned that they come so restricted from the factory, that you would have to put in the same work as you do to the 96" just to make it even worth it.. cams, headwork, etc etc.. and flat out told me "Stay with your 96", you're better off that way"..so i'm not so upset by it

Old 07-20-2011, 12:32 PM
AEaton10
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
I'm pretty stoked that it's coming with the 103. I'll have a 2012 in denim black waiting for me when I get back from Afghanistan this fall. I totaled the Fat Bob in my sig pic about a month before leaving. I'm especially glad it comes with the 103" because with my daughter having been born a few weeks ago it would've been a long time till I could fit an engine upgrade in the budget.

I did this too. Also denim black. I take delivery 3 October and I can't wait. Hopefully there will be a PCV that fits the new ECM by then or maybe an adapter for the Power Vision. I like the idea of not attaching another part to the bike and being able to adjust the idle.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:20 PM
Zombiequest
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
I got in to a conversation a few weeks ago with a few guys at the dealer (2 mechnics and 1 salesperson)..they all said the same thing..the 103" isn't worth it straight from the factory, it makes almost the same power as the 96". They mentioned that they come so restricted from the factory, that you would have to put in the same work as you do to the 96" just to make it even worth it.. cams, headwork, etc etc.. and flat out told me "Stay with your 96", you're better off that way"..so i'm not so upset by it
That sounds like a "Stick to Windows XP instead of Windows 7 because it still may be Glitchie" argument. If I had the choice I'd go for the bigger simply because at least you have it once the improvements come out. And being as it's roughly the same msrp as last year, you're not exactly losing anything. If it's about giving up a 2010 or 2011 for a 2012, then the difference probably isn't worth it.. but if you don't have a Lo and you have to chose between the two then obviously go for the 2012.

Last edited by Zombiequest; 07-20-2011 at 02:27 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:48 PM
Matt990724
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
I don't know man. If factory numbers are to trusted, it puts out more power. Both torque and hp. And does so at the same or better mpg figures. Seems like a winning design if you ask me.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners