Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

The wrap looks good on those.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:08 PM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
Hey Aaron, how are those medustas working out for you? able to take a video of the sound and youtube it or anything? I'm on the fence about replacing my BSS's this winter.. between a D&D FatCat (even though now it seems like a lot of people have them) or a Martin Bros Collector, or maybe some samsons or something
They're working out good, gonna try to sell my big radius' now that I'm keeping these. I just put on black exhaust wrap so I'm happy now. I get a ton of compliments and looks and I think it's cuz nobody else has these. I started seeing big radius pipes on every bike at the dealership. Shoot me your email and I'll get you a video of them although it probably won't do justice.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:23 PM
HEMI Army
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrWalkinboner
Operation Chrome To Black took me about an hour start to finish. Picked up 50' of black exhaust wrap at the speed shop today about $20 cheaper than at Autozone and good thing I got 50' because I used every inch of it.

Looks good bro, real good.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:48 PM
MJ-13000
Tourer

Operation Chrome To Black took me about an hour start to finish. Picked up 50' of black exhaust wrap at the speed shop today about $20 cheaper than at Autozone and good thing I got 50' because I used every inch of it.

Congrats..looks good!

Old 06-18-2011, 09:01 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

DWB: Lookin good man! I thought you were gonna powder coat them, but this look great. now just do the lower forks, the engine pieces (rocker boxes, timing cover, trans cover, etc.), and console and you will be good to go on goin to black haha.

Just in case you didn't notice, I have been tryin to get others to do the things I want to do

I need another tax refund, haha!

But in all seriousness, bike is lookin good man. Keep it up!

Old 06-18-2011, 09:04 PM
FXDForbes
Tourer

Has anyone seen a fat boy lo with cross bones fenders?

Old 06-18-2011, 09:42 PM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
DWB: Lookin good man! I thought you were gonna powder coat them, but this look great. now just do the lower forks, the engine pieces (rocker boxes, timing cover, trans cover, etc.), and console and you will be good to go on goin to black haha.

Just in case you didn't notice, I have been tryin to get others to do the things I want to do

I need another tax refund, haha!

But in all seriousness, bike is lookin good man. Keep it up!
Thanks man...I plan on powdercoating them but I'm gonna wait until the harsh winter comes and break everything down Sgt Jim style and send to PC. I got me a manual and feel like I can do anything with it. This is just temporary along with all my other cheap DIY mods haha!

Old 06-18-2011, 11:02 PM
2008crossbones
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if any of you want to sell a rear fender of your newer 200mm rear tire fatboys lmk,, i need one....

Old 06-18-2011, 11:12 PM
user 37474839
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Personally not a big fan of wrapped pipes on a nice bike like that, I think those will look great PC'd black.

Thanks man...I plan on powdercoating them but I'm gonna wait until the harsh winter comes and break everything down Sgt Jim style and send to PC. I got me a manual and feel like I can do anything with it. This is just temporary along with all my other cheap DIY mods haha!

Old 06-19-2011, 07:47 AM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Before

After

I like it, the chrome was killing me before. Not only does it look good, but you did a hell of a nice wrap job! If it were me, I would saw off the tips and that would give her a meaner look. Either way, looks good bro.

Last edited by JIMSFBL; 06-19-2011 at 07:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners