Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 01:21 AM
Pot Bellied Stick Figure
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by booger0351

i PC'd my Kuryakyn Mark III and love these things!!
Those look nice. Can you tap the brake without lifting your foot off the peg? how bout down shifting, can you reach it with your heel?

Old 06-18-2011, 01:26 AM
Pot Bellied Stick Figure
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Lawleywood
The taillight is LED from D2moto.com it was only 50 bucks and it is a much lower profile compared to the stock light and pretty easy to install. I was thinking of maybe getting some LED's to mount in the fillers to use as turn signals. Guess we will see when I have all the parts in hand.
The ones I see from D2moto say $80 http://www.d2moto.com/c-788-harley-tail-lights.aspx is that the one you got? how do you like it? Do you know if I could keep my turn lights and add extra pair on the tail light? is there enough plugs? Thanks for any info.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:30 AM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Originally Posted by Pot Bellied Stick Figure
Those look nice. Can you tap the brake without lifting your foot off the peg? how bout down shifting, can you reach it with your heel?
That peg is bad *** couldn't find original post on where you picked it up I usually stick my boot under the break peddle on the highway but had a little scare made a sloping turn to the right and the edge of my boot brushed the pavement not doing that again and I don't like highway bars on lo's just me but takes awY from the stance IMO

Old 06-18-2011, 10:22 AM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

[quote=FatVermonter;8465955]Gotta save the pennies for V&H Big Radius 2-into-2's[quote]

SO you're looking for BR 2-2's???? I might or might not have a set laying in my garage collecting dust....their the ones in my sig pic.

Old 06-18-2011, 10:26 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pot Bellied Stick Figure
The ones I see from D2moto say $80 http://www.d2moto.com/c-788-harley-tail-lights.aspx is that the one you got? how do you like it? Do you know if I could keep my turn lights and add extra pair on the tail light? is there enough plugs? Thanks for any info.
There's a thread in this forum about this light.. the people who have it generally say that they "Like how low-profile it is, but it's only as bright as you can expect for $50"..
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/d2moto...n-signals.html

back when that thread was opened, it was priced at $50, then went to $56, then jumped to $80. kind of ridiculous, but that's supply and demand. And i think i've read somewhere that you CAN keep your stock turn signals, and wire these in, but you need to purchase the separate load equalizer. just gotta splice a few wires and solder them together i suppose. i think that idea would help if you also bought some LED bulbs for your turn signals (you can get them on ebay or amazon for not-expensiveness, they're a socket 3157), and let the load equalizer handle everything. of course, you can also just run the brake light and leave the turn signals unwired. If you only use the LED brake light, you do not need the load equalizer.

Last edited by Sgt_Jim; 06-18-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:32 AM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain

Originally Posted by AjAnd3rson
Stumped....

1" step down for grips on new apes are 9.5 inches long.....

Stock bars ar 8 inches....

WTF should I do?
This what you mean?
Name:  IMAG0850.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  95.1 KB

Name:  IMAG0849.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  74.9 KB

Name:  IMAG0848.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  88.3 KB

Old 06-18-2011, 11:03 AM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
If you only use the LED brake light, you do not need the load equalizer.
There was a guy on here that did all LED and didn't need an equalizer IIRC...I think it depends on if you have a '10 or '11 Lo though. I forget his name but think he's retired military.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:13 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DrWalkinboner
There was a guy on here that did all LED and didn't need an equalizer IIRC...I think it depends on if you have a '10 or '11 Lo though. I forget his name but think he's retired military.
Yeah you're right...i keep forgetting about the damn 2011's new electrical system..and i'm flabberghasted about that dual horn/trip button..that drives me insane that i couldn't wait 6 months for the 2011's to come out before i bought my bike. oh well.

supposedly the wiring system in the 2011's will handle LED turn signals without a load equalizer..

.......or i could have waited 18 months and got a 2012 with the new electrical system and a "supposedly" stock 103. damnit to heydiddlediddle.

Old 06-18-2011, 01:27 PM
Pot Bellied Stick Figure
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
There's a thread in this forum about this light.. the people who have it generally say that they "Like how low-profile it is, but it's only as bright as you can expect for $50"..
www.hdforums.com/forum/d2moto/602072-super-bright-led-tail-light-w-turn-signals.html

back when that thread was opened, it was priced at $50, then went to $56, then jumped to $80. kind of ridiculous, but that's supply and demand. And i think i've read somewhere that you CAN keep your stock turn signals, and wire these in, but you need to purchase the separate load equalizer. just gotta splice a few wires and solder them together i suppose. i think that idea would help if you also bought some LED bulbs for your turn signals (you can get them on ebay or amazon for not-expensiveness, they're a socket 3157), and let the load equalizer handle everything. of course, you can also just run the brake light and leave the turn signals unwired. If you only use the LED brake light, you do not need the load equalizer.
Thanks very informative.

Old 06-18-2011, 02:33 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DrWalkinboner
I live in Rapid City about 30 miles east of Sturgis and always looking for people to ride with. My old man is bringing his bike out too. I know all the scenic places to ride also. Here's 2 pics from last weekend in Sturgis lol...big difference than in August.

Hey Aaron, how are those medustas working out for you? able to take a video of the sound and youtube it or anything? I'm on the fence about replacing my BSS's this winter.. between a D&D FatCat (even though now it seems like a lot of people have them) or a Martin Bros Collector, or maybe some samsons or something

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners