Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 07:59 AM
AjAnd3rson
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scrubzz
wow! I finally finished reading every post on this thread!

Divorce took care of my credit so have been saving up to pay cash for my first HD - Was still trying to make up my mind on exactly what I wanted and since the lo was on the short list I started reading this thread - now a lo IS the list - it's going to take a while but it is so gonna be worth it

I am definately serious about this as I have even quit smoking and put the money I would have spent into the lo account first thing each payday - every time I want a cig I just think about what it's for

have seen some killer bikes in this thread and have stolen, um I mean borrowed a lot of ideas as well as come up with a few of my own - I have a list of mods that's probably gonna cost me as much as the original bike will but it's gonna be what I want

Anyway, enough of the book here - just thank you to everyone for sharing everything you have done
Congrats man.

Keep us updated on your progress!

Post up some pics when you get your scoot.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:23 AM
Lawleywood
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tincan
Hi all I wanted to drop a note, I'm planning on buying a Lo and PotBelly your setup is exactly what I'm looking at doing.
I want to get the Lot set up just like it, Due to me being a munchkin!

How'd you mount the bags, they look great!

Jim
You can mount the bags on a 200 rear softail with the bagger tail mount kit from cyclevisions. I will have mine next week, but it is a fairly simple installation from what I understand. All you need is the mount kit from CV and a set of street glide or road king hard bags.

http://www.cyclevisions.com/index.ph...ck-cv7210.html

Old 06-17-2011, 10:47 AM
Pot Bellied Stick Figure
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Lawleywood
You can mount the bags on a 200 rear softail with the bagger tail mount kit from cyclevisions. I will have mine next week, but it is a fairly simple installation from what I understand. All you need is the mount kit from CV and a set of street glide or road king hard bags.

http://www.cyclevisions.com/index.ph...ck-cv7210.html
Yup that is exactly what's on my bike. I wonder if I could make those fillers work with my turn signal location. Maybe chop them?

Old 06-17-2011, 11:09 AM
Lawleywood
Tourer

Originally Posted by Pot Bellied Stick Figure
Yup that is exactly what's on my bike. I wonder if I could make those fillers work with my turn signal location. Maybe chop them?
I would think you could cut them a bit to make them work. Right now my turn signals are integrated into the taillight. The taillight is LED from D2moto.com it was only 50 bucks and it is a much lower profile compared to the stock light and pretty easy to install. I was thinking of maybe getting some LED's to mount in the fillers to use as turn signals. Guess we will see when I have all the parts in hand.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:18 AM
Pot Bellied Stick Figure
Cruiser

Actually I could just flip the signals so they sit below the bracket. Easy, cheap and as a bonus they'd sit even lower.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:33 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by bigoil7
Has anybody put the wider (14" hd#52915-07) passenger pillion on their Lo? I just ordered one ($117+shipping) because my wife told me the stock one wasn't too comfortable, and for the first time today, I actually sat on it, and damn, she's right. Saw some good reviews on it so thought I'd give it a try. I 'spose I'll end end with a collection of seats for different occasions. Me, I really like the stock FBL solo seat, so I'm good with that. Will it look goofy (too wide) without saddlebags? Pics would be great. Thanks. Ride safe.
I ordered the same seat last week for the wife. I should be home tonight until later Saturday. I will put it on and take some pics for you. If the seat still is not right for her the it will be sent off to Mean City Cycles for some custom work. Good Luck.

Old 06-17-2011, 11:47 AM
Lawleywood
Tourer

Originally Posted by Pot Bellied Stick Figure
Actually I could just flip the signals so they sit below the bracket. Easy, cheap and as a bonus they'd sit even lower.
That is actually a really good idea. If you end up doing that I would like to see some pictures.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:10 PM
rollin_fatboy
Cruiser

Got my short shots finished today. Now I just have to get rid of popping on decel and find some of the low end. I knew I'd lose some but dang....but they sound good.

If I was good at the interwebs I'd post a pic but it takes me an hour. Maybe after work.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:21 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by rollin_fatboy
Got my short shots finished today. Now I just have to get rid of popping on decel and find some of the low end. I knew I'd lose some but dang....but they sound good.

If I was good at the interwebs I'd post a pic but it takes me an hour. Maybe after work.
I hear ya on the decel popping and low end. I had the same thing after installing my Rush crosovers. I opted to go full stage 1 with a Power Commander V and stage 1 A/C from Fuelmoto. Got it installed with the pre programmed map from Jamie. The bike got it's low end back + some and no more decel popping. After I get a few more miles on the bike I will have it dyno tuned.

If all you are doing is the pipes then a flash of your ECM from the dealer will most likely be all you need. Enjoy the pipes. Ride safe.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:32 PM
rollin_fatboy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
I hear ya on the decel popping and low end. I had the same thing after installing my Rush crosovers. I opted to go full stage 1 with a Power Commander V and stage 1 A/C from Fuelmoto. Got it installed with the pre programmed map from Jamie. The bike got it's low end back + some and no more decel popping. After I get a few more miles on the bike I will have it dyno tuned.

If all you are doing is the pipes then a flash of your ECM from the dealer will most likely be all you need. Enjoy the pipes. Ride safe.
Looks like I'll be doing that also. I was hoping I could get by without doing the fuel/intake til winter.

I'm just hoping I don't have a leak...I couldn't hear one and torqued the head bolts to 120.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners