Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 10:17 AM
AjAnd3rson
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HEMI Army
That's what I did.

Thanks for the info I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to cause my scoot to fall apart!

Originally Posted by DrWalkinboner
Yea dude, I gave my everything to keep that washer on but needed like a 32nd of an inch but couldn't get it. The bracket functions as a washer now! Lets see pics!
Ha! I was in my garage doing the same thing last night. Saying WTF?!?!?!? how am I going to make this work??? Then I said F it and just dropped the washer off.

Glad to hear I'm not doing any serious damage.

I'll snap some pics when I get back from lunch.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:24 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by beasleyiv
Put apes on last night. Sorry for the messy garage pics, weather.com couldn't see the rain coming 8 hours ago, morons.

I want those aux lights..hot dang those look good, especially with the apes. my daggum dealer has a set of black apes (i didn't see the maker) hanging on their wall for sale for like $90 or so..i was like "ooooo fun times".. but i just put the SS'ers on and i like to get some use out of my money before i strip it all off again.. that and i hated doing the wiring on the SS'ers alone, i would probably slap a baby having to solder and heatshrink everything together for extensions and whatnot and whoforth.

Anyways, about those lights.. i know you did the installation pics here a few months back, but that's like 1,000 posts ago and i'm too lazy to go back and find them.. are they just these:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

blackened? and how much of a pain in the *** were they to install?

Old 06-14-2011, 11:08 AM
AjAnd3rson
Tourer

Name:  bike20110614-1.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  133.5 KB
I've got a black cover on it's way for the A/C (should be delivered today)
Name:  bike20110614-2.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  135.4 KB
Gotta figure out what to do with those damn holes!!!!
Name:  bike20110614-3.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  71.3 KB

Old 06-14-2011, 11:11 AM
AjAnd3rson
Tourer

After looking at my own pictures....I know for a fact that I need the low profile console for the tank and I am going to PC it black.

My bars are still on back order (who knows when they will come in...)

I gotta save a couple hundred first for my swing arm bag and I am already at 900 miles. Gotta get my 1k service done.

I thought about doing it myself but I don't know if I want to do the 1st one. I know I'll be doing the rest.

What do you guys think?

Old 06-14-2011, 11:19 AM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
I want those aux lights..hot dang those look good, especially with the apes. my daggum dealer has a set of black apes (i didn't see the maker) hanging on their wall for sale for like $90 or so..i was like "ooooo fun times".. but i just put the SS'ers on and i like to get some use out of my money before i strip it all off again.. that and i hated doing the wiring on the SS'ers alone, i would probably slap a baby having to solder and heatshrink everything together for extensions and whatnot and whoforth.

Anyways, about those lights.. i know you did the installation pics here a few months back, but that's like 1,000 posts ago and i'm too lazy to go back and find them.. are they just these:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

blackened? and how much of a pain in the *** were they to install?
Thanks. The bars are LA Choppers hefty 14.5". They were inexpensive, but quality seems great. As for wiring, I just used a Namz extension kit, it was plug and play, no soldering.

The lights are a pieced together frankenstein. I got the bar and lights from ebay and had to order the turn signal relocation kit, switch, etc to make up the rest of the kit. Then I had them powdercoated. If you're going to buy new you have 2 ways to go. First, you can get the light bar kit for a fatboy which is just the bar and lights (69287-07). Then you have to add the turn signal relocation (69079-04a) if you want to move them down there (don't be fooled by the pictures for the product, it DOES NOT come with turn signals). Or you can buy the deluxe aux light kit and it comes with everything (68669-05A). I also added the trim rings to match my headlight (69732-05).

Old 06-14-2011, 11:20 AM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good brother! You could put some electrical tape over the holes. That would be hot! lol I just cleaned out my garage yesterday and threw out all the plugs I had leftover from when I did mine. I coulda mailed them to you.

Originally Posted by AjAnd3rson

I've got a black cover on it's way for the A/C (should be delivered today)

Gotta figure out what to do with those damn holes!!!!

Old 06-14-2011, 11:32 AM
AjAnd3rson
Tourer

Originally Posted by DrWalkinboner
Looks good brother! You could put some electrical tape over the holes. That would be hot! lol I just cleaned out my garage yesterday and threw out all the plugs I had leftover from when I did mine. I coulda mailed them to you.
Damn....

Story of my life.... Day late and a dollar short!

I want to do something with those holes but I refuse to put the kuryakin tribal junk on my scoot.

Was thinking about getting a chrome anchor and getting someone to tack on some all thread for me.

Something pointing to my Navy days.....

Old 06-14-2011, 11:35 AM
beasleyiv
Road Master

Damn....

Story of my life.... Day late and a dollar short!

I want to do something with those holes but I refuse to put the kuryakin tribal junk on my scoot.

Was thinking about getting a chrome anchor and getting someone to tack on some all thread for me.

Something pointing to my Navy days.....
I was running one of these until recently http://www.amazon.com/Harley-Davidso.../dp/B0016JHDA4

Old 06-14-2011, 11:55 AM
AjAnd3rson
Tourer

Originally Posted by beasleyiv
I was running one of these until recently http://www.amazon.com/Harley-Davidso.../dp/B0016JHDA4

Chrome or nickel?

I take it you just used the adhesive?

Any pictures?

Think I might do something like that if I can't find any suitable anchors....

Old 06-14-2011, 11:59 AM
beasleyiv
Road Master

Chrome or nickel?

I take it you just used the adhesive?

Any pictures?

Think I might do something like that if I can't find any suitable anchors....
Nickel of course. Yeah, just stuck it on there. The adhesive pad is very strong.

Here's the best pic I have right now, you get the idea

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners