Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 08:25 PM
gnatty8
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question for you guys, and I tried Search with mixed results. I need to trailer my FBL for a trip to New Hampshire from Tennessee later this summer. Any tips on where to tie down? I've heard a lot about buying a 4X4 to put under frame to minimize bouncing, but any other ideas? Sorry to **** up the thread, but couldn't find much in the search. Thanks!

Old 06-12-2011, 08:41 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wrap the straps where they contact the bike with a towel.. i'm not sure of what the service manual says, but i would say do 2 from the handlebars, 2 from the frame in the rear, and if you're really paranoid, 2 more from the bottom of the forks

Old 06-12-2011, 10:09 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Apes

Put apes on last night. Sorry for the messy garage pics, weather.com couldn't see the rain coming 8 hours ago, morons.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:13 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
wrap the straps where they contact the bike with a towel.. i'm not sure of what the service manual says, but i would say do 2 from the handlebars, 2 from the frame in the rear, and if you're really paranoid, 2 more from the bottom of the forks
+1, but the bottom fork straps are not nessesary. The key is to use 4 straps one from each corner of the bike as stated above. DO NOT ratchet the front straps so tight that it collapses the forks all the way down or you will blow the seals out during transport. Just tighten them to where it pulls your sliders down about an 1".

beasley,
Your sled is looking sik bro!

Last edited by JIMSFBL; 06-12-2011 at 10:15 PM.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:28 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
Lower your bike and it will go away. www.progressivesuspension.com
Haha, if I only had the $$ I would in a heartbeat...

Old 06-12-2011, 11:59 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL

beasley,
Your sled is looking sik bro!
Thanks Jim. Give me the story on that front fender. I'm thinking a heritage fender with all the bling taken off would work for me.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:56 PM
SuspendedUser
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damm! tons of activity since i last logged on! congrats to all the new LO owners!

Old 06-13-2011, 04:25 PM
SkinnyonFatboyLo
Cruiser

Quick question that I am sure has been answered before... I just bought a set of samson caliber 2 into 1 for a great deal new. I was wondering if I can install them without having to do any tuning or changing the A/C? I know people have different opinions so..... If I do put it on what should I check for to make sure it isn't causing any problems, like what would the bike be doing to let me know that I would need to take it off? Thanks in advance.

Old 06-13-2011, 04:43 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SkinnyonFatboyLo
Quick question that I am sure has been answered before... I just bought a set of samson caliber 2 into 1 for a great deal new. I was wondering if I can install them without having to do any tuning or changing the A/C? I know people have different opinions so..... If I do put it on what should I check for to make sure it isn't causing any problems, like what would the bike be doing to let me know that I would need to take it off? Thanks in advance.
Pipes alone..no tuning needed

Intake + Pipes = tuning needed.. unless the rumors about the 2011 and up's ECMs being auto-correcting now are true (which i doubt).

and pics, please.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:06 PM
SkinnyonFatboyLo
Cruiser

As soon as I get them on I will post pics...Just alittle concerned because I wanna make sure the bike is right before Friday because we are leaving to ride in Chesapeake, VA and the OBX. I wanna be able to hear the bike but I don't want to hurt it. I had a sportster with drag pipes on it so I am used to riding and shifting by the exhaust. Not saying I can't do it but just like it that way better.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners