Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 08:47 PM
dansax
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

Yes, to each his own. It would be no fun if we all had the same taste and all bikes almost looked the same. I did not mean to insult you, I was just putting my unwanted 2 cents in.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:48 PM
J-Dog
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey brother, everyone's 2 cents are wanted, that wat makes this place work...

Old 06-11-2011, 10:32 PM
MJ-13000
Tourer

Originally Posted by LoFatBoy
This work of art was a gift from my wonderful wife. Here are a few before and after pix.

I just want to say, everyone that has posted pix of there bikes....They all look bad ***.

Well...add your bike to the "bad ***" list then!

Bike looks great! Congrats!

Old 06-12-2011, 01:22 AM
MeanMug
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LoFatBoy
This work of art was a gift from my wonderful wife. Here are a few before and after pix.

I just want to say, everyone that has posted pix of there bikes....They all look bad ***.
Nice man....really like the rear fender. What did you need to do other then paint and bolt on? Any lowering etc?

How is the seat for it? Did any of it change the ride?

More pics of it and info please!

Old 06-12-2011, 04:48 AM
mfmaine
Advanced

Originally Posted by dansax
Yes, to each his own. It would be no fun if we all had the same taste and all bikes almost looked the same. I did not mean to insult you, I was just putting my unwanted 2 cents in.
I wasn't the least bit insulted and I'm sorry if I gave that impression. Everyone here has their personal taste and it's wonderful to see what direction people head with their bikes. I've seen alot of really cool stuff Lo owners have done that I just wouldn't do with my bike and I'm sure many feel the same about some of my mods. IT'S ALL GOOD!

Old 06-12-2011, 07:45 AM
abnchiefcw3
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FlyN_Lo
I have a question for anyone who installed the Wild1 Chubby low profile drag bars themselves. The ones I got are the 4" Rise, 30-½" wide, 8-½" center, with a 14-½" pullback. From what I've seen on here so far it looks like a fairly easy install. A friend came by today and he says I need to disconnect the wiring harnesses (which requires a specific little pick tool that your typical Harbor Freight type store wont have) and buy a new brake line that's about 6 inches longer. I seem to recall several of you saying that with little tugging and fiddling, everything was long enough without replacing any lines. Am I way off base here?
All you need is a paperclip to poke in the hole to release the wires from the harness.
I have the Wild1Chubby WO501 Drag Bar with 8" rise, 30 1/2" wide, 8 1/2" center, and 11 1/2" pullback.
I needed a longer brake line and hand control wires. Clutch and Throttle were fine. Although, I did eventually switch them all out to the HD Black Diamond cables.
I installed the bars myself and it was a pain in the *** getting the wires inside the bars, PATIENCE is a must. I stopped several times, walked away then came back to it. Now I know why they charge so much for this.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-14.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
sbarron (05-03-2016)
Old 06-12-2011, 07:51 AM
abnchiefcw3
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AjAnd3rson
****ing. Bad. ***.

Nuff said.
I love the freight train nacelle. I was one of my first options I wanted on my bike; however, my windshield wouldn't fit so I went with the headlight ring visor instead. If I ever get a second bike (Street Glide - oh yeah) I'll definitely drop the windshield and get the freight train nacelle.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:30 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Here's a little off topic question:

So there is this weird open space right at the neck that has been really bothering me lately.

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-open-space.jpg

Is there anything I can do to it or about it to not make it so noticeable? I know it's no big deal, is part of the design of the bike, and no one else ever seems to notice, except for me, but it has been bugging me!

Old 06-12-2011, 09:49 AM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Here's a little off topic question:

So there is this weird open space right at the neck that has been really bothering me lately.

Attachment 190995

Is there anything I can do to it or about it to not make it so noticeable? I know it's no big deal, is part of the design of the bike, and no one else ever seems to notice, except for me, but it has been bugging me!
Lower your bike and it will go away. www.progressivesuspension.com

Old 06-12-2011, 12:01 PM
LoFatBoy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by MeanMug
Nice man....really like the rear fender. What did you need to do other then paint and bolt on? Any lowering etc?

How is the seat for it? Did any of it change the ride?

More pics of it and info please!
The struts are RSD as well. It did lower the bike by a 1/2". The seat is a little stiff. As for changing the ride, I can't comment. I never road the bike before all the up grades. I will post some more pix soon.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners