Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 09:18 AM
AjAnd3rson
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrWalkinboner
Awesome dooder! Did you get all that stuff rolled into the loan? That's the benefit of lending from HD but they're interest is like 11%. I refinanced it like a month later for 5%.
Yeah I loaded it into the loan. I walked with 5.9% through them (wife's credit is awesome)

Anyways, google and call up Road6Customs for the license plate bracket. I got the horizontal one laying around if you want it for $15 shipped. They're like $27 shipped and I only put it on and rode it once but like the vertical better.
Hey man I appreciate it! I unfortunately am in love with the vertical myself!!! I'll be ordering mine this weekend for sure!

Pretty sure RQuirch has the same leatherworks bag I got which is 312XL. I was at HD last night and saw their bag with is $2 more and you can probably fit 2 of them inside the 312XL and they're basically the same thing. I just got mine 2 weeks ago from Dr. Vtwin for $177 shipped. Last night I put a 6 pack of Yuengling and a 12" subway in there and rode home...LIKE A BOSS!
F*ck yeah! I was wondering about the size....Like a boss indeed.

I appreciate the info and I also hate you guys for giving me such good(bad) ideas...I am going to end up spending my *** off on this bike!!!!

Old 05-26-2011, 10:27 AM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
maybe because i powdercoated mine it fits tighter, i dont recall but i thought mine didn't have those gaps (on the ring) which is why i had to kind of 'snap' mine into place..i know 2 of those rubber boots ripped off when i removed the stock trim ring though.. but yeah, you can always get the chrome nacelle and PC it black, i thought about doing it, but i like the look of the visored ring better for my bike. glad to see you're making some progress.
Yea, mine fits real snug also. No movement at all, but if your going to go to the nacelle then problem solved. Post pics when you do MUG!

Old 05-26-2011, 10:41 AM
Lawleywood
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AjAnd3rson

Only part that sucks is my cable kit for the apes is back ordered for 3-4 weeks….

Guy at the parts counter was like : Hey at least you get your apes today. Seriously??? I can’t do **** with them for almost a month!!!!!

I hope I didn’t make a mistake getting the 12” apes instead of the 16”…..
I think it really depends on how tall your are? I am 6'2" and I went with 18's, it really is a matter of being comfortable for you and the look you want. From what I have seen on here most go with 16's or 18's.

About your cables... I would say eff it and order the Magnum Shielding cables, steel braided in black pearl. They look sick, they are a bit more than some but I have them and love them. I ordered mine and had them in 4 days.

For a 12" bar I would recommend +6's on the cables if you stick with the 12" ape.

DrWalkinboner..... Is your swingarm bag the standard 312XL or did you have stuff added to it?

Last edited by Lawleywood; 05-26-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:51 AM
JonyLO
1st Gear

rrambo,

i just bolted it right on no washers. it just has the clearance from the fender so it doesn't rub. as for the dirt well it sits so close to the fender that u cant see under. and if you wanted to clean under there its not to bad taking it on and off. i have people ask me if i bolted my plate to the fender. i think its a clean look. Hope this helps

Jay

Old 05-26-2011, 01:32 PM
rmoltzjr
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Fatburger
Bad *** bike rmoltzjr. What kind of seat is that?
Danny Gray butt crack

Old 05-26-2011, 01:59 PM
serjayson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on what JonyLo said

Old 05-26-2011, 02:03 PM
AjAnd3rson
Tourer

I just went back to the dealership and changed out my order for the RSD 12" apes to the 16's....They had to change my cable kit and guess what.....It's not back ordered!!!!

Sh*t should be here tomorrow or Saturday.

I think my favorite part of all that was that I am getting more metal and the 16's are $10 cheaper than the 12's

Man I love boobies.

Old 05-26-2011, 02:07 PM
AjAnd3rson
Tourer

Let me hit you with a little man math....

Name:  math-1.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  39.6 KB

That's how much I love boobies.

I married a set of em.....

Old 05-26-2011, 03:33 PM
BuckFvrLodge
Stage III

Man this thread is GREAT... but it is consuming me trying to get caught up. I figured I would jump ahead and see how many more pages, I still have 100 to go! Absolutely awesome though, so I'm not complaining.

Old 05-26-2011, 04:41 PM
abnchiefcw3
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who's doing Rolling Thunder this Year?

I have noticed (and it's been mentioned before in this thread) that a lot of Lo owners are in (or have been) the military, me included - retired Army (in fact the Lo was my retirement present to myself!!).

I live in Northern Virginia and am going to participate in Rolling Thunder this coming Sunday. It will be my first time actually riding in it. I hear it gets really hot waiting in the Pentagon Parking lot so I've been getting my bike ready. Got the flags mounted on the sissy bar and a Saddlemen's round bag for water and such to keep hydrated.

I've also added Kuryakyn frame mounted driving lights since my last post. I ride to work on I-95 (HOV!!) and rush hour traffic is a nightmare. I like to be seen and I don't want so some women texting or talking on her cell phone to run me over.

Attached are pics of the flags and lights.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-5.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-7.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-6.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-8.jpg  

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners