Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 08:30 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

part # 69734-05 is for a FLSTF which should be interchangable with the FLSTFB.

mine is part # 69626-99 and it's also for the FLSTF and it fits the FLSTFB, but it's not the visor, it's a thicker trim ring.

So with all this said, I believe you were sent the wrong trim ring, but it definetly should not move like that.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:05 PM
35KILO8589
Supporter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rmoltzjr
Total transformation
Very cool ride. The bike looks amazing.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:28 PM
MeanMug
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
part # 69734-05 is for a FLSTF which should be interchangable with the FLSTFB.

mine is part # 69626-99 and it's also for the FLSTF and it fits the FLSTFB, but it's not the visor, it's a thicker trim ring.

So with all this said, I believe you were sent the wrong trim ring, but it definetly should not move like that.
Jim....thanks for the info! I read this thread from post #1 to now after I got my FBL and am honored to have the Godfather of it reply to my post

I just realized that I had not introduced myself etc with my first post. This thread is so great and the info is priceless. Thanks for starting it....!

Also, my thanks to all of those who are in the FBL family that serve....."I am always humbled in the presence of warriors.".

Old 05-24-2011, 09:58 PM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I use my heel shifter all the time. My boots started getting marked up pretty good with the toe shifter and it's pretty big so its not like I need to go too far to kick the heel.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:12 PM
Sailrider 1
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Ok all you Fat Boy Lo people, I just finished installing my Bassani Road Rage pipes, SE air cleaner and am in the process of the PCV. Where in the heck did you guys mount the PCV ? The instructions say under the seat, remove ECM bracket ect ect, I have done all that and got it in there with the PCV on top of the battery per the instructions but man, my seat doesn't fit right.

I have the Sundowner deep bucket seat. is there anyplace other than under the seat ? The wires don't look long enoughtno go anywhere but under the set.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:42 PM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sailrider 1
Ok all you Fat Boy Lo people, I just finished installing my Bassani Road Rage pipes, SE air cleaner and am in the process of the PCV. Where in the heck did you guys mount the PCV ? The instructions say under the seat, remove ECM bracket ect ect, I have done all that and got it in there with the PCV on top of the battery per the instructions but man, my seat doesn't fit right.

I have the Sundowner deep bucket seat. is there anyplace other than under the seat ? The wires don't look long enoughtno go anywhere but under the set.
You gotta unbolt the ECM, turn sideways, and move it higher on the fender. The PCV will fit like in the picture in installation instructions. The supplied velcro is so the ECM doesn't move but I didn't use mine. Hope that helps!

Old 05-24-2011, 10:47 PM
user 37474839
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

First thing that comes off with a new bike is the heel shifter, nice pig btw - love me some bbq.

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim

Here's a thought.. how many of you actually use your heel shifter?

So went on a nice ride this past weekend up through the Catskill mountains in NY, as my buddy and I were cruising down the road, the leg of my jeans was flapping in the breeze.. fine, whatev, im used to it.. what i didn't realize was that it was wrapping itself around the heel shifter, so when I came to a stop i found out the quick way that I couldn't get my foot on the ground and almost fell over.. I had literally just thought to myself a few minutes earlier while riding that I never use the heel shifter and should remove it. Coincidentally, at the next 2 stops the same thing happened, the leg of my jeans wrapped around the peg and I almost fell over 3 times in a row. I yelled for my buddy to stop next chance he got, whipped out the allen wrench set, and ripped the damn thing off and threw it in my swingarm bag. Other than that, it was a damn fine ride..stopped by 3 Harley Dealers, 1 of which was closed because we got there too late.. one had an open house going on and got some free pulled pork sandwiches and good times. Saw another Lo up there that looked like someone from this forum.. NY plates that said "FatBoyz" or something like that.

Last edited by user 37474839; 05-24-2011 at 10:49 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:30 PM
booger0351
Intermediate

i love my heel shifter!

Old 05-25-2011, 12:39 AM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Yeah, love my heel shifter too. I use it probably 90% of the time. Something visceral about kicking down on that to shift.

Old 05-25-2011, 01:27 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by MeanMug
Can anyone confirm that this is the right HD part number for the trim ring everyone is using. I like the look and got one today at the local shop but I got the 69734-05 and it is loose after installed.

There is a gap of about 1/16" along the top of the light and I can easily open and close the gap by moving the trim ring no matter how much I tighten.

The one in the above quote doesn't show the FLSTFB as one of the models that it is made for in the catalog description.

Any help?

EDIT:: the trim ring I am referring to (and the quote above) is on page 140 of the thread,,,,post#1399.
I have the same Visor #69734-05 and mine fits tight no gaps. You may just have a bad one.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners