Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 09:40 AM
rmoltzjr
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Fatboy Lo Bagger

Total transformation

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-lo-fat-1.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-lo-fat-2.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-lo-fat-3.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-lo-fat-4.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-lo-fat-5.jpg  

Old 05-24-2011, 09:45 AM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rmoltzjr
Total transformation
You did a great job with that transformation bro! Where did you get your rear fender?

I definetly think you nailed it with those bags, but I don't think it would look right without them. The fender shows to stick way past the rear tire and my guess is that the fender is glass? But the way you have it set up, it works with the bags really nicely.

Also is that a 23" on the front? Whatever size it is also looks sik.

Last edited by JIMSFBL; 05-24-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:11 AM
rmoltzjr
3rd Gear

Thats 8" of steel put in the original fender. 21" front wheel.

Last edited by rmoltzjr; 05-24-2011 at 10:13 AM.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:13 AM
TNB
Road Master

Looks very nice.

Old 05-24-2011, 11:24 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Total transformation
Bike looks bad ***!

Old 05-24-2011, 12:09 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member

Thats 8" of steel put in the original fender. 21" front wheel.
Wow! That's what I'm currently biulding. I'm sorry for assuming it was glass. I just know that you can't buy the stretch 9.5" wide fender thats steel and now that I know you built that bad boy you've got my respect! Great frikin build bro. I'm jealous!

I have bought 2 used, slightly damaged LO fenders that I'm cutting and adding too. This way I can keep my original in case It don't come out right haha.

I don't guess I'll be finished with it until fall because it's on the back burner right now until riding season is over.

Again kickass job.

Old 05-24-2011, 12:31 PM
rmoltzjr
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
Wow! That's what I'm currently biulding. I'm sorry for assuming it was glass. I just know that you can't buy the stretch 9.5" wide fender thats steel and now that I know you built that bad boy you've got my respect! Great frikin build bro. I'm jealous!

I have bought 2 used, slightly damaged LO fenders that I'm cutting and adding too. This way I can keep my original in case It don't come out right haha.

I don't guess I'll be finished with it until fall because it's on the back burner right now until riding season is over.

Again kickass job.

Thanks, I bought a fender on ebay and did the same thing this past winter. I think the bike looks better when the front and back fender match, length wise. Are those traditional shape footboards on your bike? When I go on Harley site, for footboard pans, it says fits Softail except FLSTFB (don't understand).

Old 05-24-2011, 01:50 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks, I bought a fender on ebay and did the same thing this past winter. I think the bike looks better when the front and back fender match, length wise. Are those traditional shape footboards on your bike? When I go on Harley site, for footboard pans, it says fits Softail except FLSTFB (don't understand).
Yes they are traditional. I just took my half moon off and these bolted right up. I was at the dealer when I ordered them though.

If you have any pictures of your fender fabrication, I'd love to see em. Thanks!

Old 05-24-2011, 02:20 PM
rmoltzjr
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
Yes they are traditional. I just took my half moon off and these bolted right up. I was at the dealer when I ordered them though.

If you have any pictures of your fender fabrication, I'd love to see em. Thanks!
The only pic I took of the fender, I'm sorry to say is this one before I got my wheels.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-0313111742_2.jpg  
Old 05-24-2011, 06:24 PM
MeanMug
Intermediate

Originally Posted by beasleyiv
Looks like 69735-05
Can anyone confirm that this is the right HD part number for the trim ring everyone is using. I like the look and got one today at the local shop but I got the 69734-05 and it is loose after installed.

There is a gap of about 1/16" along the top of the light and I can easily open and close the gap by moving the trim ring no matter how much I tighten.

The one in the above quote doesn't show the FLSTFB as one of the models that it is made for in the catalog description.

Any help?

EDIT:: the trim ring I am referring to (and the quote above) is on page 140 of the thread,,,,post#1399.

Last edited by MeanMug; 05-24-2011 at 06:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners